Thread: with all the rumors, is it likely jackson,ronnie, or JO will not be here next season?

Default with all the rumors, is it likely jackson,ronnie, or JO will not be here next season?

will one of them DEFINITELY be traded?
    I don't know if we should blow this thing up like everyone has been talking about.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: with all the rumors, is it likely jackson,ronnie, or JO will not be here next season?

I am absoloutly hoping we don't trade Ron or JO. I think they should be considered untouchable unless a Garnett or Lebron deal comes to the plate, which will NOT happen.

I am not necessarily FOR trading Jax, but I'm not against it either. I don't think we should shop him around, but if we have a chance to get Ray Allen without trading JO or Ron, then Jax is expendable.

That said, I don't think anything is definite yet.

Sports Logo

Default Re: with all the rumors, is it likely jackson,ronnie, or JO will not be here next season?

I dont want Jamaal, Jack, Ron, J.O., Jeff, Dale, or J.J. traded (or not signed)

I am open to seeing Fred, Pollard, Cro, Bender, Edwards, Gill, AJ moved for one good player preferably a good backup pg. One who could start and do well in Tinsley's absence. (even I worry that he wont give us a full year and playoffs)

I would take NVE, or even Sam I am as a backup. Both of them can score and we need that against Detroit. NVE might not be able to give us a healthy year either so that leaves Sam. Andre Miller wont be available and neither will Kidd plus Kidd is a coach killer.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO !

In less there is a no brainer deal offered that just can't be turned down and I don't see that happening.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope you're right hoop. I trust LB and Donnie but... for some reason im worried their gonna make some boneheaded move to trade Artest.

Its probably an irrational fear, but Ill probably fear that its going to happen all the way up to next season.

I know I get this feeling we may be on the short end of the stick. Another reach for talent deal like The JO for Dale Davis deal. Stephen Jackson is a good positive in the locker room. I don't think he's a cancer. JO CAN BE...But he will mature. This team was so close to beating detroit 2 years ago! We can still do this! If we blow it up now we are admiting the past 2 seasons have been failures and the direction we went in was a bust.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo

I would prefer to keep SJax/Tinsley/Artest/JONeal unless Tinsley is traded with:

A ) Any combination of Croshere and JJ/Freddie/Pollard/Foster/Croshere/Bender ( pick 1 ) for an acceptable starting PG that is durable and an upgrade at the backup PF spot.

or

B ) SJax, Croshere and Pollard for a more durable 1st tier PG, a solid starting SG and an upgraded backup PF.

The main thing that I want to do is get a better backup PF who can start for periods of time ( or play more productive minutes ) then Croshere. Otherwise, if we can't upgrade at least the backup PF or starting PG.....I hope they stand pat and do nothing significant.

I think we can get a good backup pf in the draft...
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo

^^I agree. We should keep the 17th pick then and not trade it to the Lakers. We've lived with Bender for this many years....we can wait longer.

exactly KC...isn't it only 1 more year?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

I'm sure we could get a decent player at the 17th pick, but that's why the Lakers want it. I'm not convinced that a future Laker first-round pick won't be better than 17.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe that all 3 will be back. We have to see how this team will perform for a whole season before tearing it apart. We do need to add some side pieces though.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    I don't know if we should blow this thing up like everyone has been talking about.
    Who's "everyone"?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

That everyone would be you

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac

That's what I thought. I didn't realize I had become plural, or *God forbid* the majority.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I am starting to think that the Bender trade will be the only one we make.

Tinsley has a chance of being moved, though, if they find a way to make it work. I think everyone is probably safe.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I don't think any of them will get traded. I think the front office is just as intrigued as we are about how they might play together.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Default Re: with all the rumors, is it likely jackson,ronnie, or JO will not be here next sea

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    I dont want Jamaal, Jack, Ron, J.O., Jeff, Dale, or J.J. traded (or not signed)

I am open to seeing Fred, Pollard, Cro, Bender, Edwards, Gill, AJ moved for one good player preferably a good backup pg. One who could start and do well in Tinsley's absence. (even I worry that he wont give us a full year and playoffs)

I would take NVE, or even Sam I am as a backup. Both of them can score and we need that against Detroit. NVE might not be able to give us a healthy year either so that leaves Sam. Andre Miller wont be available and neither will Kidd plus Kidd is a coach killer.
    I wouldn't take NVEvil for a used snickers bar. Cassel is like 68 years old.
    DON"T TRADE FREDDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you would regret it)

Default Re: with all the rumors, is it likely jackson,ronnie, or JO will not be here next sea

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    I hope you're right hoop. I trust LB and Donnie but... for some reason im worried their gonna make some boneheaded move to trade Artest.

Its probably an irrational fear, but Ill probably fear that its going to happen all the way up to next season.
    Trading Artest would reafirm my faith in Donnie and go some towards Larry.
    I'm praying that it's going to happen all the way THROUGH next season.