Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, did Bender head west on Friday?

Default So, did Bender head west on Friday?

How about it? Did anyone ever hear or see anything of Bender actually going to LA on Friday, as he was indicated to be doing in DD's post from last week?

No news or sightings?

Sprained his ankle getting on the plane, perhaps?

Mood

Default Re: So, did Bender head west on Friday?

No word, though in Lakers fan circles, the majority say or think (depends on the poster; some claim to be in the know) that it's all but a done deal, waiting to happen on draft night. Bender + 17th pick for Devean George, Slava Medvedenko, and either two future 2nd rounders, or a single future 1st.

As usual, I'll wait to believe it until I see it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As usual, I'll wait to believe it until I see it.
    Same here. Though I'm beginning to lead towards "I think it will really happen".

Does this include Benders venilator, wheel chair, oxygen tank, hospital bed, etc.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

keep the # 17 pick! GEEZ! Don't put those scrubs on this squad. WTF
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

IF we can't get one of the top SG's in Redd or Allen in a S&T (and chances aren't that high for us) than make it happen Donnie! I'm all for it.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I'm so blinded by the idea of Bender being gone that I can't even concentrate on the other side of the trade (what we get in return). We get Bender gone!!! Ding Dong, the witch is dead!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    GEEZ! Don't put those scrubs on this squad. WTF
    That's what they're trying to get rid of, the scrubs, well atleast til the playoffs......

No need for preseason, early season, or midseason surgeries now with Bender gone. The only time the scrubs need broken out is in the post season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll take that trade. 2 guys with expiring contracts after next season plus no money tied up in a draft pick that wouldn't play anyway. Slava's probably better than any center coming off the bench now. George has won and can contribute. If Bender does get healthy and play, he's stuck out west.

ImCrazyB

I like this trade as well.

We lose Benders contract and a draft pick for two decent bench players whos contracts expire in 2007 plus a few future second rounders or a first rounder.

I'm not sure we want this though because with our luck, Bender will break out next year and be an awesome player...But I guess LA is willing to bank on that potential given the current situation.

did like 3 pages of this thread get knocked off?

Just dont get Medvedenko on this team please

This is the best trade ever. You get two guys who CAN PLAY for someone who CANT play.

Devean is an awesome bench player for us to have. Spread the guard minutes between Tins/AJ/Fred/Jack/Devean....we will be in good shape. And our bigs are no concern. We'll be looking at a lineup of 12 guys who can all contribute. Most teams do not have that luxury. We are going to be DEEP if this trade goes down.

Dale, Jo, Foster, Medvedenko, DH

We'll be looking real good if this goes down.

I mean, just imagine Bender blowing up in LA with Kobe and winning championships.

LOL.

Maybe the Lakers just hate the Pistons so much they want us to win next year, lol. Send us ODOM!

i am with the believe it when i see it crowd. bender has negative trade value and will be very difficult to move. consider me skeptical. i wouldn't mind a guy like med or george on the team for now. bender is never available and at least we saw what can happen when injuries to useful players get to the way beyound ridiculous point- we get guys stright from nowheresville and have them suit up for guys like bender who are always on the i.l.

i am so sick of bender wasting the time and money of this franchise. the man is about as durable as a glass baseball bat. the guys we would be getting may not be what some people want but, do you really want yet another season of wait til next year with this guy? that has been the theme for the last 3 years for bender. and every year his service becomes less and less lengthy. if this trade goes down- bender will be extremely lucky to play more than 20 games next year. that would almost be 3 times as many he played for this year. if he is THIS fragile now, how much better do any of you think he will be when he is in his late 20's or early 30's?

almost any trade that sends bender elsewhere is a good move. this counts (in my book) as one of those trades.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

well, they may have simply sent bender through the fax machine, so as not to create a fuss......

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Same here. Though I'm beginning to lead towards "I think it will really happen".
    So you think Bender was in LA Friday for a physical?

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I'm so blinded by the idea of Bender being gone that I can't even concentrate on the other side of the trade (what we get in return). We get Bender gone!!! Ding Dong, the witch is dead!

-Bball
    You say that like he's some kind of bad luck charm..... When I look at the other side of the deal I see only expiring contracts. Possibly to be used in midseason. I just hope one of them turns in to a Detlef Schremp (sp?) Anybody remember the triple doubles he used to get, or get close to so many times.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    So you think Bender was in LA Friday for a physical?
    I have no idea for sure, but it's been claimed on a Lakers forum by a member that after reading around, seems to be considered credible due to past things he's told them about things happening in the league proven to be true.

I'm not a fan of this trade. Not that it matters, Bender won't pass the physical.

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    You say that like he's some kind of bad luck charm.....
    Hmmm... in a way I think he is. For the fans he is the memory of a wasted trade and draft pick. For the players he's that and so much more... A player that can't or won't help when the chips are down because he's injured. A player that is soaking up BIG money and not contributing. A player that is soft and the team sending the signal that it will be tolerated. A draft day mistake that continues to loom and fester.

I think that management NEEDS to get rid of Bender to send a signal that this team will not coddle anyone and that softness will not be tolerated. Injuries ulitmately are no excuse because if you are always injured then you can't help us.

With all that said... I still have a hard time seeing Bender pass a physical.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Chest Rockwell

I personally like the trade. George and Medvedenko aren't great talents but they are playoff tested, and with Miller leaving and Dale Davis another year older, these are need positions. I personally think that Slavo fills a nice niche as a post player who can score. Foster, Davis, and Pollard all struggle to hit open jumpers from as close as 10 feet. I'm not as high on Devean George, but he can hit the occasional three. A second unit of Slavo, Foster, AJ, George and JJ wouldn't be too shabby, IMO.

This would give the pacers..
    PG Tins, AJ, FJ
    SG Jax2, JJ, FJ
    SF Crazy, George, JJ
    PF JO, Foster, Cro
    C DD, Slavo, Pollard

Then at mid season, you have the flexibility to deal three expiring contracts to bring in the impact player.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think it really matters whether Bender can pass the physical.

I think LA is more interested in the draft pick. Either they believe they can get a decent player that is able to contribute on their depleted squad, or they have other plans to possibly trade it.

As for Bender, they have an owner that can afford to literally burn cash, so I really don't think it will bother them greatly if Bender is not able to play. That would just be icing on the cake for them, after the #17 pick.

What we get is George, who may not see that many minutes anyway if his contract isn't traded.

In Medvendenko, we get someone who can address one of our needs. He's not the ideal, but he can score in the paint and hit a 12 foot jump shot. He willl do in case we cannot get a better talent that to fill that need before next season.

I look at a possible Bender to the Lakers trade this way.

Bird has said he hates the Lakers. If he thought Bender would ever amount to anything the Lakers would be the last team he would trade him to.

Hence Bender for whatever can be had is fine with me.