Thread: Mark Montieth: Pacers Q&A May 25

Default Re: Mark Montieth: Pacers Q&A May 25

Question: I know the ink is barely dry on the '04-'05 campaign, but do you have any early line on the Pacers' draft pick? Could Salim Stoudamire be available and wouldn't he be a great pickup for a team that struggled with outside shooting all year? (Jon from Indianapolis)

Answer: It's really impossible to project at this point. The Pacers are just beginning serious evaluations, and have until June 28 to complete them. If I were to make an early guess, though, I'd predict they go with a European guard. There supposedly are good ones available, although some of them have contracts that need to be bought out.
    Rudy Fernandez, anyone?

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/rudyfernandez.asp
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Maybe, but I think he was referring to that guard, I think from Latvia or Lithuania, that is currently playing for an Israeli club and was lighting up about everyone during the last Olympics.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

teY dennaB toN

I think it will be interesting to see if Foster really starts over DD next season (assuming DD is re-signed), like Montieth believes. I would prefer Foster to get a majority of the minutes most nights, but I like him in that energy-reserve role. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe, but I think he was referring to that guard, I think from Latvia or Lithuania, that is currently playing for an Israeli club and was lighting up about everyone during the last Olympics.

Regards,

Mourning
    I know the guy you're talking about, but I don't think he's in the draft. He can be signed outright as a FA.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

I agree with Mark on Foster. Jeff really improved this year, but you have to look at what he did when he was healthy in the middle of the season, and late in the playoffs. During the long run in the middle of the season when he was getting more p.t., Jeff had better #'s in less playing time then Dale did during his all star year. I think he needs to start, and see more minutes. Dale should be able to come of the bench for his role, and start a few games against more physical but, less athletic centers.

Mmm....bunny....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.