Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If not Tinsley, then who?

Default Re: If not Tinsley, then who?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do you suppose we find this mythical PG that we could trade for?

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.
    In the draft, of course! For the full effect, this must be said without checking to see who might be available in the draft.

Tins was shooting very well before his injury. People are judging his shot based on the playoffs, when he was shooting flat-footed. That's not fair.

My only concern with Jamaal is his durability.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    It's more than 2 seasons.

2005 (Celts/Pistons) - hurt
    2004 (Celts/Heat/Pistons) - hurt
    2003 (Celts) - not hurt
    2002 (Sixers) - hurt
    2001 (Nets) - hurt

4 seasons out of 5... that's a pattern.

But I still like Tinsley and hope we keep him. Even hurt, he was better than any of the guys named in this thread.
    I'm in the "he gets hurt a lot" crowd, but let's get the facts straight:

2003-2005 correct
    2002 (Nets) - yes hurt
    2001 (Sixers) - College

Picky? Yeah. I entered into full "die-hard" mode around 2000 (technically a couple years before, but it picked up steam Isiah's first year), so I have these things burned into my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I'm in the "he gets hurt a lot" crowd, but let's get the facts straight:

2003-2005 correct
    2002 (Nets) - yes hurt
    2001 (Sixers) - College

Picky? Yeah. I entered into full "die-hard" mode around 2000 (technically a couple years before, but it picked up steam Isiah's first year), so I have these things burned into my brain.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

My sarcasm detector doesn't work past 9PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why don't we just get Heywood Workman to unretire and replace Tinsley.
    For that matter, how about John Stockton?

Tins is great. We need better depth at the position. AJ is decent, and I think he's improved with the extended playing time he had this year. Jamaal is impatient and he pushes his return days (from injury), and then, while playing hurt, he re-hurts it, and is out more. If we get some sort of decent depth, to help split up the minutes, we'll be just fine. Tins plays a lot of minutes, and he plays hard, he needs some one to help him out.

Think we can trade Bender and Pollard for GINOBLI!?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by indystarreg
    I am sure you would. You have only professed tolerance for Tinsley never an authentic liking. You dont like his street ball right?

Tinsley is awesome. A great PG with a few things he needs to work on. There are no perfect players on any team right now.

I will never like his defense. His shooting and "street ball" tendencies are OK. But I could live with all that if he could stay healthy. Even when he is playing he's always banged up. I really question whether his body can sustain the rigors of the NBA.

You want another name, Antonio Daniels

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I will never like his defense. His shooting and "street ball" tendencies are OK. But I could live with all that if he could stay healthy. Even when he is playing he's always banged up. I really question whether his body can sustain the rigors of the NBA.

You want another name, Antonio Daniels
    I know he's been injury prone, but I want all the main guys back and see what happens next season. I don't want any trades (even Bender), unless they are no brainers that just can't be turned down.

I really like Antonio Daniels, but he's a SG in a PG's body, the perfect backup PG though. I'd love to have him backing up Tinsley, but I'm content with AJ as the backup.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

PCC87

I don't think that we could get another PG that is of the same quality of Tins without giving up alot of talent.