Thread: One More Chance

Default One More Chance

I know about the Draft.....I know that teams need to trade Players.......and I know that you shouldn't put tin foil in the microwave (learned that one the hard way)......but

I really wanna stick with what we have, for at least one more season. Just one more chance is all I want, I want to feel closure on this season. I know that I talk alot alot alot on the importance of Reggie Miller in my life, but here I go again: I don't want Reggie's last season to be for nothing, I don't want people to forget how he made them feel, I want people to have him in close conciousness.....at least for one more season.

The line above may seem out of place, or like it has nothing to do with the idea of the thread. I just want the yearning to win to be at it's highest if we think about, "We're gonna win this one for Reggie.", next season, maybe I can finally feel like, I gave something back to him if I keep hope, if we keep hope.

I know that next season, and I've heard, that Reggie will be the farthest thing from anyone's mind, and that is sad, so can we wait one more season for that to happen?

god, that is so weird.... I never even meant for this to be about Reggie, it just seems like lately, either when I'm on here or on my regular life, everything comes back to him.

oh well,anybody else feel this way?

Default Re: One More Chance

I tend to agree. If this team gets broken up now there will be 20 plus years of "what ifs" on this board. Once and for all we'll finally get to see what we have, with the roster (hopefully) healthy and on the court for a full season.

Actually if you think about it, other than a title, you got perfect closure for Reggie Miller.

I mean seriously. Do you remember Jordans real last game? I don't, because he came back so many times that the last time he returned it really meant nothing.

If you want to think about something to make you feel special about Reggie it is this.

He retired 12th in scoring, right? (I think that's right) & he is the all-time leader in 3 point shots.

This is all good but remember this.

There was one player who is 2nd in all-time scoring (Man that is above both Wilt & Jordan) 6th in all-time rebounds & is generally considered the greatest player to ever play his spot on the floor & he retired the same season Reggie did & nobody & I mean nobody gave much of a damn.

Chasing that ring has both risks & rewards. Karl Malone will forever be considered a great player, but he will forever be without the sendoff that Reggie Miller got & he will also be without a ring.

Also, & I'm sure this will rub some the wrong way but I don't intend it to, the way the season ended for Reggie was perfect.

The fact that Ron was gone that Jermaine was gone & all we had was Jackson & Reggie for offense was the absolute best story you could possibly imagine (other than a title).

Reggie showed everyone that he still had it. That all of those seasons deferring to Jermaine O'neal was just that deferring. When needed he mustered up the old spirit & gave us everthing he had & with a little help from an old friend & Warrior (Dale) Reggie showed us the Reggie we have only seen a couple of times since the 00 season.

Look, I was never the biggest Reggie fan on the planet earth. I liked the guy don't get me wrong but he was never my favorite Pacer.

But I don't care who you are or who you root for you can't help but feel something special about the way Reggie exited the fieldhouse the other night. He went out guns a blazing & leading our team in scoring & with throngs of fans showering him with praise.

Next season is not about Reggie. To do that, IMO, would be to disrespect what he meant to this season.

Reggie would be the first person to say, win it for yourselves.

If they want to dedicate thier wins to Reggie, fine. If some want to apologize to Reggie for some of the turmoil from this past season, fine.

But the future is about the future.

Reggie, as sad as it may be, is now officially the past. A gloryious past no doubt, but the past none the less.

Reggie went out the right way.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually if you think about it, other than a title, you got perfect closure for Reggie Miller.

I mean seriously. Do you remember Jordans real last game? I don't, because he came back so many times that the last time he returned it really meant nothing.

If you want to think about something to make you feel special about Reggie it is this.

He retired 12th in scoring, right? (I think that's right) & he is the all-time leader in 3 point shots.

This is all good but remember this.

There was one player who is 2nd in all-time scoring (Man that is above both Wilt & Jordan) 6th in all-time rebounds & is generally considered the greatest player to ever play his spot on the floor & he retired the same season Reggie did & nobody & I mean nobody gave much of a damn.

Chasing that ring has both risks & rewards. Karl Malone will forever be considered a great player, but he will forever be without the sendoff that Reggie Miller got & he will also be without a ring.

Also, & I'm sure this will rub some the wrong way but I don't intend it to, the way the season ended for Reggie was perfect.

The fact that Ron was gone that Jermaine was gone & all we had was Jackson & Reggie for offense was the absolute best story you could possibly imagine (other than a title).

Reggie showed everyone that he still had it. That all of those seasons deferring to Jermaine O'neal was just that deferring. When needed he mustered up the old spirit & gave us everthing he had & with a little help from an old friend & Warrior (Dale) Reggie showed us the Reggie we have only seen a couple of times since the 00 season.

Look, I was never the biggest Reggie fan on the planet earth. I liked the guy don't get me wrong but he was never my favorite Pacer.

But I don't care who you are or who you root for you can't help but feel something special about the way Reggie exited the fieldhouse the other night. He went out guns a blazing & leading our team in scoring & with throngs of fans showering him with praise.

Next season is not about Reggie. To do that, IMO, would be to disrespect what he meant to this season.

Reggie would be the first person to say, win it for yourselves.

If they want to dedicate thier wins to Reggie, fine. If some want to apologize to Reggie for some of the turmoil from this past season, fine.

But the future is about the future.

Reggie, as sad as it may be, is now officially the past. A gloryious past no doubt, but the past none the less.

Reggie went out the right way.

Now that is a great post, and I agree with you

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great post peck.

NewType

Great post.

A typical Peck.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fantastic, Peck, and sums it up beautifully.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Peck the post,Magnificent.

I want the Pacers to stay together so that when Ron Artest comes back to be our MVP, whether league, or just acknowledged with in ourselves, that the 'Ron Haters', will eat every word of 'Trade him' up.

AND..

Hopefully, if the Pacers do advance to the Finals, the term Ron Apologist is erased from our vocabulary.

Yep, Reggie went out the right way. No need to chase a ring.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett