Thread: Guess The Score Final Results 2004-2005

Default Guess The Score Final Results 2004-2005

I'm pleased to announce this year's winner in the Guess The Score contest...

Burtrem Redneck

...who scored two victories in the playoffs to leapfrog both rcarey and RoboDoug in the standings.

And, while it's true that there is no real prize for winning, save for the adoration of your peers, I do have something to make it a little easier for the forum to worship your greatness. I present you with the following plaque, suitable for use in your signature or avatar:

The full statistics for this year's contest can be found at http://www.pacersdigest.com/~doug/ro...-05/stats.html. Note that the statistics, including the win total used to determine the winner, do NOT include preseason games.

Oh, a couple of more things...

Since I was going through the statistics, I went ahead and posted the stats for the previous two years. They can be found at http://www.pacersdigest.com/~doug/ro...-03/stats.html and http://www.pacersdigest.com/~doug/ro...-04/stats.html.

And, since the winners from those two seasons post over here a fair bit, I worked up plaques for them, too. They are:

2002-2003 SycamoreKen

2003-2004 RoboDoug

Thanks, folks, and I hope you all enjoyed the season. Feel free to post or PM me suggestions for next year.

Doug
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Default Re: Guess The Score Final Results 2004-2005

I shall display my plaque of victory with honor.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I shall display my plaque of victory with honor.

thanks!
    The impressive thing was you did it with only 50 or so guesses.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I ranked in the top 10 in number of guesses and still didn't guess a single one right....Man I've got to change my formula for next year. If I was a bookie in Vegas I would have been out of business long before now.....

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My year was pretty good. 87 guesses, 6 wins, and a perfect score. My stats for percentage off was real good as well, but I just didn't get enough wins.

Congrats Burtrem
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was #6 in average off by score and I still couldn't get a damn win. But I only played 46 times, which is my lowest in a couple of years.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I need to play more. I thought I was in way more than 18 times. I'm putting you all on alert. Next season, everyone else is playing for second place. Yes, I'm going to play with my green Celtics warm up jacket on. Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    I need to play more. I thought I was in way more than 18 times. I'm putting you all on alert. Next season, everyone else is playing for second place. Yes, I'm going to play with my green Celtics warm up jacket on. Every time.
    Just so you all know, RoboDoug wasn't happy coming in second. He got so bent out of shape I had to hit him with a "shutdown -h now". This year he won't be spending the summer adapting himself to new forum software (twice!), he'll be working on his game!

- Jimmy Buffett

Congratulations, Burtrem Redneck !! At least a redneck won.

This was my worst year, mainly because of the Pacers not having a consistant line-up and a not as good won-loss record.

I never predict the Pacers to lose. Silly but I just don't feel right about it and when they lose, of course, my spread is off and everyone knows how bad it is when your spread is off.

I'm looking forward to next year and tell RoboDoug to pick the Pacers to win more often than 3-5 times per year. I know his system.

I would rather be the hammer than the nail

You should throw a top winning percentage section in there too, that'd be pretty interesting.

IndyToad
    We don't need any of these

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    You should throw a top winning percentage section in there too, that'd be pretty interesting.
    I think I had one of those in the stats last year. I thought about it last night, but decided just to go ahead and get them posted. I'll add it next year. I'd expect that Burtrem Redneck led that for anybody with a significant number of guesses.

- Jimmy Buffett

I started off the year with a new strategy and was the early leader until 11-19 scuttled everything.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks Doug. Dang, I got lazy after my win. I went from 62 to 39 to 9 guesses. Its time to get back into the training room and get the groove back.

Fever 65
    Comets 60

Just a quick *bump* in case anybody who's interested missed this last week.

- Jimmy Buffett

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

thanks for the "bump"....I missed it last week.

I rarely bet on the Pacers to win in this.....usually very bad Karma for me to say they are going to win.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..