Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At what point does this PG thing become collusion?

Default At what point does this PG thing become collusion?

This is getting pretty sad. It looks like the PAcers are in a no win situation now. The media is saying he's signing with LA in 2018. George has hinted to it on Kimmel show. Magic Johnson basically colluded and got away with it when talking about PG. No team has any incentive to trade for PG. And PG is basically allowing all this to happen. Players are tweeting about PG coming to there team. This feels like an all out raid on the Pacers organization now. I totally believe PG's handlers are working back channels with LA. All of this has left Indy with no chance at getting anything back for PG. Its ridiculous and i wish the NBA would step in some how.

This furthers my belief that Indiana has no chance to ever win a title.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog! Pacersalltheway10's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: At what point does this PG thing become collusion?

Loopholes.
    It's OG or bust

I believe the amount of damage losing PG for nothing, would do to the Pacers organization, dwarfs the amount of damage the Palace Brawl did.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is getting pretty sad. It looks like the PAcers are in a no win situation now. The media is saying he's signing with LA in 2018. George has hinted to it on Kimmel show. Magic Johnson basically colluded and got away with it when talking about PG. No team has any incentive to trade for PG. And PG is basically allowing all this to happen. Players are tweeting about PG coming to there team. This feels like an all out raid on the Pacers organization now. I totally believe PG's handlers are working back channels with LA. All of this has left Indy with no chance at getting anything back for PG. Its ridiculous and i wish the NBA would step in some how.

NBA is fixed in many different ways. Just look at how Draymond was suspended in the Finals because Lebron baited him. If the roles were reversed, you know what would (or wouldn't) have happened. This is why I will remain an NBA viewer. Not ticket buyer.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

The worst part is no one cares. No media person is going to make a big deal about how unjust this is for the Pacers.

Also, shame on PG for letting it happen. How can fans even cheer for him next season?

I believe the amount of damage losing PG for nothing, would do to the Pacers organization, dwarfs the amount of damage the Palace Brawl did.
    I think you may well be right. The brawl was devastating but people knew we would recover from it. But if PG walks and we get nothing in return it's just different. We drafted the guy. You have to wonder if it's even worth acquiring a talented young player. Tell me why we should support a player when it's likely they just move on? Why get your hopes up when they are bound to leave either to a super team or one of the coasts?

It all just leaves me disinterested in the NBA.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

When the Russians get involved

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's part of their disinformation campaign.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pta For This Useful Post:

I will laugh if after all this PG actually stays.

I think he will leave though but really its not as if we were winning anything with PG anyways. We aren't winning anything unless we have a LeBron type talent on this team or a good coach/GM tandem which we also don't have either.

I see him in purple and gold already. I just cannot see him in green. IDK. The Pacers are not going to give him to Boston and if he walks next year it is straight to the Lakers.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I see him in purple and gold already. I just cannot see him in green. IDK. The Pacers are not going to give him to Boston and if he walks next year it is straight to the Lakers.
    If that's the case I'll just be glad he's not going to join LeBron or Golden State at this point.

What? I don't see it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    What? I don't see it.
    I presuming he referring to all the blatant attempts by players to entice Paul George. Blake Griffin and Gordon Hayward are actually free agents, and they're being treated like bylines in a story.

It's a full court press to get Paul George from Indiana.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    What? I don't see it.
    I would like Paul to stay as much as any Pacer, including Lance. I am a huge PG fan. But he's leaving and it's time to prepare for that. We are NOT going to contend. The roster is a mess. He is out there retweeting the suggestion that Boston trade their #1 pick for a veteran...and deleted that tweet. Best case that he was teasing Pacer fans isn't good. Worst case, he's saying he would like to go to Boston. Dude already has one leg out of Indiana. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

It reminds me a little of when Carmelo Anthony got traded from Denver to the Knicks in 2011. The next two seasons Denver won 47 (prorated) and 57 games.
    #DBAP

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    It reminds me a little of when Carmelo Anthony got traded from Denver to the Knicks in 2011. The next two seasons Denver won 47 (prorated) and 57 games.
    I'm not as high on our roster as I was on Denver's roster back then. At the time I thought Melo was doing more to hold that roster back than help it. I don't think that is the case here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So sue Paul George. Class action lawsuit. Let's do this

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Except in no way did he hint he was going to sign with the Lakers. Now you can say that his lack of shutting down the conversation was enough of a hint and I can't argue about it, but at the end of the day he is trying to sell shoes.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Except in no way did he hint he was going to sign with the Lakers. Now you can say that his lack of shutting down the conversation was enough of a hint and I can't argue about it, but at the end of the day he is trying to sell shoes.
    He retweeted a link from Bleacher Report tweet that had a Pierce quote saying the Celtics should trade the #1 pick and a link quoting Pierce saying this

“You trade this pick, because [Markelle Fultz] cannot help the Celtics get over the top. The window is now. You’re a 50-win team, you’re the No. 1 seed. You have to build on this momentum. If you can acquire a Paul George, Jimmy Butler or Gordon [Hayward] from Utah, you have to do it.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/paul-g...175323998.html

" Asked by Kimmel if he’s talked to Bryant about coming to the Lakers, George said, “Not yet. Not yet.” Only a few weeks earlier, Magic admitted to Kimmel that he really wants George on the Lakers. "
    Last edited by Foul on Smits; 05-19-2017 at 11:45 PM.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ers/101826562/

You wanna know why Kobe dont have an official role with the Lakers? So he can recruit PG this summer without worry about tampering.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

He retweeted a link from Bleacher Report tweet that had a Pierce quote saying the Celtics should trade the #1 pick and a link quoting Pierce saying this

“You trade this pick, because [Markelle Fultz] cannot help the Celtics get over the top. The window is now. You’re a 50-win team, you’re the No. 1 seed. You have to build on this momentum. If you can acquire a Paul George, Jimmy Butler or Gordon [Hayward] from Utah, you have to do it.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/paul-g...175323998.html

" Asked by Kimmel if he’s talked to Bryant about coming to the Lakers, George said, “Not yet. Not yet.” Only a few weeks earlier, Magic admitted to Kimmel that he really wants George on the Lakers. "
    Two totally different things. The re-tweet is one thing the statement on Kimmel is another. The re-tweet would imply the Celtics so therefor totally negating your thought that he has hinted at signing with the Lakers.

It is totally up to interpretation if the Kimmel statement as nefarious as you are making it sound. Don't feel bad a lot of people believe what you believe but it is not black and white. As an example I did not take it the way you did at all.

However even if he meant that he was going to talk to Kobe about being a Laker it in no way is a hint that he is going to sign there.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ers/101826562/

You wanna know why Kobe dont have an official role with the Lakers? So he can recruit PG this summer without worry about tampering.
    Lifelong pacers fan

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    PG actually said in a Feb. interview that too much was being made about his desire to play for L.A. just because he's from there and that he wants to bring a championship to Indiana. Not once has he said that he wants to play for the Lakers.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

The worst part is no one cares. No media person is going to make a big deal about how unjust this is for the Pacers.

Also, shame on PG for letting it happen. How can fans even cheer for him next season?
    It's not entirely Paul's fault. If he leaves this time next year, Pacers management will have had 8 years to team him with another All-Star or two. To this point the only All-star they've managed to pair with George is the guy in my avatar. That doesn't cut it in today's NBA. Good players don't sit around in one city while management executes a long-term plan. They get out into free agency, and go to the team that they can win with.

Secondly, what future do you see for us even WITH Paul George? Are we a contender? The bar has been set, and you've gotta have at least 3 perennial All-Stars on your team to be a legit contender. And one of those perennial All-Stars probably also needs to be a MVP candidate as well. Paul set out to be an MVP level player but never made it. The problem with keeping him is that PG level players DO NOT attract MVP level players, it's the other way around. Guys like Paul George go to teams with MVP level players. PG needs to be at most a #2 on his team, he isn't a #1 on a championship team and doesn't seem to have the leadership trait at this point in his career either. And since nobody is going to just trade us an MVP we would always just be stuck in that zone of being at least a 7 seed, but never quite as good as the really good teams.
    Last edited by ndcoltsnpacers; 05-20-2017 at 12:27 AM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    So sue Paul George. Class action lawsuit. Let's do this
    We can get that lawyer in San Antonio. Take up a pacers digest collection.