Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At what point does this PG thing become collusion?

Default Re: At what point does this PG thing become collusion?

I believe in George. He can be the #1 on a championship team. He just needs help. Have to go all in with Hayward. Turner's time is coming. That's a big 3 already. PG isn't scared of LeBron.
    Last edited by BornIndy07; 05-20-2017 at 09:26 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Don't you remember the hoopla when LeBron and Durant were free agents? Just goes to show perhaps that PG has a higher profile than what some Pacer fans think.

It is what it is. You can't stop people from dreaming and wishing. That's just the nature of FA. Heck, there are a lot of posters here who lust for Hayward. And Boston fans at a Jazz game were openly cheering for him. Does anyone spare a thought for the poor Jazz? Their very brief window of relevance shuts close if Hayward leaves. That's pretty devastating.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really hope that Adam Silver is having some "conversations" behind the scenes with the major players in this whole debacle.

I'm not saying he needs to FORCE PG to stay in Indy if Paul truly wants to leave, or the Pacers FO truly wants to trade him.

But this level of media and front office collusion to almost completely cripple a team's ability to re-sign OR get market value for a trade for a Star player is nearly unprecedented.

I wish I had that faith in Silver and the NBA. Sadly, I don't. Especially because this benefits one of the biggest market teams in the world.

Yeah, yeah... I know, I'm paranoid. Get my tinfoil hat, call the Russians... Whatever.

But I think deep down everyone knows that this is exactly what's happening.

Just praying we find a way to weather the storm, PritchSlap something crazy on draft night, and pin our future on PG wanting to go down as the greatest Pacer ever.
    Last edited by TMJ31; 05-20-2017 at 04:01 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't you remember the hoopla when LeBron and Durant were free agents? Just goes to show perhaps that PG has a higher profile than what some Pacer fans think.

It is what it is. You can't stop people from dreaming and wishing. That's just the nature of FA. Heck, there are a lot of posters here who lust for Hayward. And Boston fans at a Jazz game were openly cheering for him. Does anyone spare a thought for the poor Jazz? Their very brief window of relevance shuts close if Hayward leaves. That's pretty devastating.
    LeBron's free agency was pretty big. Everything was about LeBron going to New York. Actually when I think about it, he was saying things like New York City is his favorite city and Brooklyn was his favorite borough.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It will be considered collusion if, and only if, PG leaves for another small market team... If he goes to a big market, that's all as the NBA and the media intended...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I wish PG would give these type of interviews....

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default At what point does this PG thing become collusion?

Guys, I'm sorry.. but Magic on a talk show is not the issue. It's Paul. He could easily make all of this speculation go away instantly. Instantly. Let that sink in for a few.

Let's get a grip with what is happening here.

It's not Magics fault, LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Idk if others pay much attention to the other major professional sports in the US (or, ****, even add the world to this) and how they are run, but imo the NBA is most well run league of the bunch. *****ing about Adam Silver? Really? The guy's been a great commissioner. The NBA isn't perfect but let's stop blaming them when **** doesn't go our way.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

It's funny how many posters are penciling in Hayward as a member of the Pacers roster next season, then turn around and complain about the culture surrounding PG being lured to LA.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    It's funny how many posters are penciling in Hayward as a member of the Pacers roster next season, then turn around and complain about the culture surrounding PG being lured to LA.
    People aren't complaining about PG being lured to LA. They are complaining that he's gone public with an ultimatum that IF we don't contend he's leaving the team. He has made a conditioned trade demand putting the Pacers in a corner.

Some people are saying that doesn't hurt the Pacers. But they fail to understand that GMs know we are not going to contend soon and that Paul probably knows that too. So, they assume Paul is just setting up his exit plan. "See, you guys are not going to contend (especially when I leave) and therefore I'm justified for leaving you in the dust". The GMs see the retweet and know he's leaving because he wouldn't do that to the Indiana fans otherwise. Therefore, our best offers may not have to be all that good. Maybe Boston thinks they can get him for nothing after that retweet. I understand he may be a rental but he is an extremely valuable rental that might become a purchase for the right organization. So, we may just see lowball offers. In no way would airing dirty laundry increase his value. It might actually reduce interest from teams that otherwise would give us a good offer. There is simply not an upside to him doing what he's done.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    People aren't complaining about PG being lured to LA. They are complaining that he's gone public with an ultimatum that IF we don't contend he's leaving the team. He has made a conditioned trade demand putting the Pacers in a corner.
    He hasn't really. He's said the said the same thing a bunch of other players have said, including Hayward - that he wants to play for a winner.

The retweet thing seems like an obvious mistake, but in case it's not, he's suggesting getting traded for the #1 pick, which is hardly sabotaging his value. It also counters the narrative of him going to LA no matter what, which nicely sets up a potential bidding war between LA and Boston. I think you're trying too hard to hate PG in advance, LOL.

If the Pacers got Heyward and brought Teague back and Myles makes the next leap at center, then i think Indiana could win it all. Probably wont, but they would have a legit shot.

Tampering has always existed in the NBA. Teams talk to agents and people close to players all the time. And players are free to talk to other players with no penalty. As long as a team doesn't talk directly to another player - pretty much everything goes.

That's why deals happen so quick on July 1.

I do think the Lakers are bending the rules even farther than most with the Kobe factor. He's not officially part of the organization but his former agent/best friend is the GM and he's close with Magic and Jeanie Buss.

Sports Logo

He hasn't really. He's said the said the same thing a bunch of other players have said, including Hayward - that he wants to play for a winner.

The retweet thing seems like an obvious mistake, but in case it's not, he's suggesting getting traded for the #1 pick, which is hardly sabotaging his value. It also counters the narrative of him going to LA no matter what, which nicely sets up a potential bidding war between LA and Boston. I think you're trying too hard to hate PG in advance, LOL.
    You really don't believe that reply was a "mistake"? What's​ the mathematical probability of replying​ to a tweet coincidentally about you and typing out "Bleachers Report" that's, coincidentally again, the go-to spot in sports news?

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    You really don't believe that reply was a "mistake"? What's​ the mathematical probability of replying​ to a tweet coincidentally about you and typing out "Bleachers Report" that's, coincidentally again, the go-to spot in sports news?
    He didn't do all that, he accidentally hit reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    http://nesn.com/2017/05/paul-george-...-report-tweet/

Even Boston media thinks it's accidental, come on.

Sports Logo

http://nesn.com/2017/05/paul-george-...-report-tweet/

Even Boston media thinks it's accidental, come on.
    Then they're all idiots. I use that particular phone app for Twitter, and it takes a LOT to accidentally reply to a tweet. But...whatever.

EDIT: I'm trying reduplicate this on my phone, but it's really hard to do. From the widget, there's zero option to reply to a tweet. Second, if you accidentally hit reply from within the app, you still have to put some characters behind @NAME before it will send. Third and depending on his settings, when you open that app, it shows the most recent tweets in your timeline. This means Paul George either scrolled to this tweet on his personal timeline or went to the person's page to scroll to the tweet on THEIR timeline. Long story short....the only way it was a "mistake" if he was already in the process of replying to the tweet, but he put it in his pocket then "butt finish" the reply.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 05-24-2017 at 02:17 PM.