Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throwing it against the wall to see what sticks

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Throwing it against the wall to see what sticks

I consider Bogut a darn good offense/defense center. All Star?? Perhaps, but it's an upgrade at the 5 and a VERY servicable replacement at the 4. Thus, more balance + the diferance in salary between JO and Al may allow us to eventually look at upgrades thru FA. I'm trying to look at the big picture...the OVERALL effect such a deal could have on the organization. DOn't forget taht althugh JO was paid 14mil this year...there are escalators each year and eventually we will be choking on that contract. (yeah I know, flame me for such blasphemy)

And DK....lmao, yeah you are right. I'm bored SHTless.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good god this is going to be a long summer.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good god this is going to be a long summer.

It already is that.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Would you consider this (assuming the stars align right tonight)

Jermaine ONeal to Atlanta

for

#1 pick and Al Harrington.

Consider the Idea.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I don't want to trade for rookies. I want to win. Now.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    NO WAY! you trade a guy that was 2nd team ALL NBA, 3rd in MVP voting last season for AL and an unknown (potential bust) #1 pick.
    Thank you,what a stupid trade for our team. I dont know why people keep trying to make our team worse with these trades, Jermaine O'neal for Al Harrington and a 1st round pick, get the hell out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Thank you,what a stupid trade for our team. I dont know why people keep trying to make our team worse with these trades, Jermaine O'neal for Al Harrington and a 1st round pick, get the hell out of here.
    I like Jermaine a lot, but if Bogut's what some people say he is then it could be a good trade in the long term. The problem is, this team is set to win NOW.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Well, it's a moot point now becasue Milwaukee got the 1st pick in the draft. Therefore this is a dead deal.

Now, where did anyone get the idea I really wanted this trade? Look at the title. I proposed what I felt was a trade that people would have to seroiously consider and I wanted thier feelings. I got those responses.

On to next item.

We improved our team last year with Jack and at no point in the past 10 months have we ever had that team on the floor. We have a pick and some sign and trade possibilities to improve. Why would you trade your cornerstone player when all you need is tweaking. We took the defending champs to 6 games with a somewhat injured and suspended team. Look at what Detroit just did to Miami in game 1. Look at what San Antonio is doing to Phx., defense is what wins. Look at the games JT had just before the foot injury. Tweaking please,please
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)