View Poll Results: PD versin of MFK - What do you do with PG13?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep PG13 and "Go ALL IN"

53 50.48%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-TOOL"

13 12.38%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-BUILD"

33 31.43%
  • Other?

6 5.71%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

_________________________ RamBo_Lamar's Avatar

Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

After much mulling this over:

Am hoping the Cavs sweep the Celts in convincing fashion, which could
    cause Ainge to look to make a bold move to improve. See if they would
    be willing to take PG for that #1 draft pick, or a deal with possibly other
    players/assets invloved. This would help the Celts right now, not to
    mention spite LA for their tampering efforts.

The Pacers could use a high draft pick to get someone who might fit in
    nicely with some of the younger guys we have, ie: Turner, GR3, Lance,
    and reshape the team around them.

As good as PG13 is, have grown weary of this drama, and never really
    felt it was worth him getting such a huge contract extension at the
    expense of the rest of the team. Before long we'll need that money
    to pay Turner and give some other guys raises anyway.

I'd really hate to see PG go, however, it might also be a great
    opportunity that is just hard to see right now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

Great scenario would be to get Howard and his huge contract and then watch PG leave as a free agent next year leaving the Pacers with Howard as the face of the franchise and nothing to show for, great idea
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

If we trade PG we need to get the #1 pick. If it comes to that we need Hayward to not sign with boston

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we trade PG we need to get the #1 pick. If it comes to that we need Hayward to not sign with boston
    The Pacers have a much better chance of acquiring Hayward. We are certainly NOT going to get the #1 pick for Paul George because we have no leverage in trade.

If there is truth to the Lakers rumor, the only thing we might be able to do is trade Paul to the Lakers for what they will give us instead of making them wait a year. That's worth something to them. I'm not saying that rumor is true...
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I've lived through the 20 win seasons and I'm not talking one or two season, I'm talking 4 and even then getting out of the 20's only meant another 8 years of just being mediocre with one of those years another dip down into the 20's. People its a lot harder than you think it is. We had several lottery picks including 3 # 2 picks and we still could not pull out of it. Losing begets losing mostly.
    Absolutely!!!! Something that has always stuck with me and pissed me off at the time when we had to sit through those losing seasons. The Trailblazers had a really good team (mid/early 80s) and the Pacers had just played them really tough for a ball game but still lost of course. It was either Clyde Drexler or Jerome Kersey being interviewed after the game and a reporter asked a question about how the Pacers had played them tough and their thoughts. I paraphrase "I like them. They're good guys but the game really wasn't close actually. We were playing around and yeah they'e good guys and all but their talent level is more like a semi pro team.... Wow, as a fan that really hurt. When you go through 20 barely plus win seasons it does have an affect on you. Maybe it clouds my judgment but that's the reason I'm All In...
    Last edited by RWB; 05-19-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    The Pacers have a much better chance of acquiring Hayward. We are certainly NOT going to get the #1 pick for Paul George because we have no leverage in trade.

If there is truth to the Lakers rumor, the only thing we might be able to do is trade Paul to the Lakers for what they will give us instead of making them wait a year. That's worth something to them. I'm not saying that rumor is true...
    We absolutely have leverage if they don't get Hayward... anyways if we wanted to trade paul we wouldn't have trouble finding a partner imo... Boston, Denver, Atlanta, lakers...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We absolutely have leverage if they don't get Hayward... anyways if we wanted to trade paul we wouldn't have trouble finding a partner imo... Boston, Denver, Atlanta, lakers...
    Again, why would those teams trade for a 1 year rental? You don't make a trade for a guy like Paul unless you have a guarantee that he will extend with your franchise.

I'm also going to keep saying what I have been saying forever, no big free agent is coming here if PG is not letting anybody know what he is going to do next year(he won't), so the Hayward dream is just that a dream.

My prediction is that we end up with a guy like Rudy Gay because he doesn't have that many options (if they keep PG) so you can call it "going all in", going all in to 8th seed or maybe 7th
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Again, why would those teams trade for a 1 year rental? You don't make a trade for a guy like Paul unless you have a guarantee that he will extend with your franchise.
    Lakers and celtics can easily entice Paul. Atlanta and Denver might have a tougher time. My point is we will have no problem trading a superstar player

This offseason is going to be interesting either way, if we get paul to sign an extension it will be because we did something big. Or we trade him for a top and build the future around that pick and turner

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If he genuinely would like to stay: #1.

If he is noncommital or not interested in staying: #3

#2 would be epic fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

The Pacers have a pretty good record in the draft over the last 25 years or so. Even if we tanked I don't think we would be terrible forever - the reasons franchises are bad for a long time is they draft poorly in the lottery every year.

Okay, I've made up my mind: All in with PGeorge.

If I'm in KP's shoes, I first evaluate PG's mind set -- discounting any tension/frustration he may have harbored for Larry (and maybe with knowledge that PG's frustration is with Simon's tight wallet of late) and measuring whether he will keep an open mind and give his all to the team for at least one more season. I then make trades in ways that may balloon our budget ("Sorry, Herb; that's the cost of keeping our star!"), but that bring us extra picks (now and/or future) as insurance.

Never mind the West. I think the focus has to be on beating LeBron & the Cavs. (Even Larry emphasized getting to the Finals.) Why did Toronto get swept? What players do we need in order to beat the Cavs? If we can get a Paul-George-led team past LeBron to the Finals, whether we win the championship or not, he'll get rewarded long-term & we'll get rewarded long-term. This I believe.

"I think if he is and we pass on Leaf we'd be some dumb mother ****ers."

- Larry Bird to Kevin Pritchard before their pick on Draft Day

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

At this point, I think we're lucky if we can flip PG at the draft for Randle, Ingram, the 28th pick, and their 2019 1st round pick. I know that is far from a fair trade, but this week it seems like his trade value falls every day given what the Kimmel appearance, Boston tweet, the way the lottery played out, and now the All-NBA teams. Essentially, the Lakers know they can wait until 2018. They would only give up someone like Ingram and Randle given that, with Russell/Ball/PG, Ingram becomes something of a lost project.

If I'm Pritchard, I make the trade for Ingram and Randle, feel the heat from the fanbase for a few months, but eventually we will realize it is a better turnout than if we just let PG walk after another year as the 7th or 8th seed.

How can we even "GO ALL IN"? The only way is to trade Turner, and that puts any rebuild at risk in the event PG walks. What would teams give up for Turner? A package of future picks for McCollum or Lillard (since Portland is in a serious cap problem). That might be worthwhile, and I know Lillard and PG are really close. Otherwise, I don't see what would be enough to keep PG here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Both of us have mentioned this a billion trillion times now (along with KStat) but people aren't listening.

There is no "go all in" scenario with Boston. Their average age is 25 (the youngest team to ever make the ECF). If Ainge was pushing all the chips to the table he would have made a Godfather offer at the deadline.

Let's say Danny does trade Fultz for PG. They make the finals and lose to Lebron again. PG bolts to LA and Boston is left without Paul AND Fultz.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

One thing that isn't being discussed at all by the media: The Pacers challenged the Cavs more than any other team so far in the East. Maybe a well-crafted, uneven trade going our way to bring in another All-Star for the cost of Turner and future picks would actually convince PG to sign the extension. Some options I see are: Cousins, Lillard or McCollum, and Bledsoe (shouldn't need to give up Turner in this scenario).

If possible, I would want PG as part of those trade negotiations, and have him agree to sign an extension as soon as it gets done. Let PG tell us who he wants. It seems he is not a Turner fan.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:

pta

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm also going to keep saying what I have been saying forever, no big free agent is coming here if PG is not letting anybody know what he is going to do next year(he won't), so the Hayward dream is just that a dream.

My prediction is that we end up with a guy like Rudy Gay because he doesn't have that many options (if they keep PG) so you can call it "going all in", going all in to 8th seed or maybe 7th
    I could see them making a big offer for Paul Millsap too. I know you're a big fan

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I could see them making a big offer for Paul Millsap too. I know you're a big fan

25. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Absolutely!!!! Something that has always stuck with me and pissed me off at the time when we had to sit through those losing seasons. The Trailblazers had a really good team (mid/early 80s) and the Pacers had just played them really tough for a ball game but still lost of course. It was either Clyde Drexler or Jerome Kersey being interviewed after the game and a reporter asked a question about how the Pacers had played them tough and their thoughts. I paraphrase "I like them. They're good guys but the game really wasn't close actually. We were playing around and yeah they'e good guys and all but their talent level is more like a semi pro team.... Wow, as a fan that really hurt. When you go through 20 barely plus win seasons it does have an affect on you. Maybe it clouds my judgment but that's the reason I'm All In...
    It was Drexler that compared us to a CBA team.
    Last edited by Jose Slaughter; 05-19-2017 at 02:28 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

I'm also drooling over the potential of building around Turner/foultz

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    We'll see. But I am factoring in NBA history. Most big time free agents re-sign with their current team.
    Shaq, Durant, Webber, Bosh, Lebron, LeMarcus Aldridge, Alonzo Mourning, Mutumbo, Steve Nash, Grant Hill (sign and trade), McGrady, Harden (sign and trade), etc.

Then you have players like Barkley, Rodman, and Vince Carter that required they be traded. So no--- most big time free agents don't re-sign with their team. Not anymore. And even then, there were many trades to move players who 'didn't want to play for their current team. Wilt, Kareem, Moses Malone..

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Money talks, we will see if PG had the balls to turn down the extra 45 mil the pacers can offer

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Both of us have mentioned this a billion trillion times now (along with KStat) but people aren't listening.

There is no "go all in" scenario with Boston. Their average age is 25 (the youngest team to ever make the ECF). If Ainge was pushing all the chips to the table he would have made a Godfather offer at the deadline.

Let's say Danny does trade Fultz for PG. They make the finals and lose to Lebron again. PG bolts to LA and Boston is left without Paul AND Fultz.
    Excellent post. The Pacers are at Paul's mercy quite frankly. I don't know why people have not learned this yet.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Money talks, we will see if PG had the balls to turn down the extra 45 mil the pacers can offer
    He has stated time and time again that he wants to contend. He will not contend in Indiana. He KNOWS with LeBron in Cleveland the next few years are not going to be years we contend.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Option 2 is probably the worst. Not good enough to win anything and not bad enough to potentially win the lottery.
    So like where we are now?
    Why so SERIOUS