View Poll Results: PD versin of MFK - What do you do with PG13?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep PG13 and "Go ALL IN"

    53 50.48%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-TOOL"

    13 12.38%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-BUILD"

    33 31.43%
  • Other?

    6 5.71%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 488

Thread: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

  1. #26
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,407

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assuming PG is gone a year from now one way or another. I predict it will take 10 years to obtain a player as good as PG. So maybe PG is not irreplaceable, but I believe it will take 10 years for the pacers get a player as good.

    (Probably longer)

    Call me crazy, old and senile if you wish, but I put the odds that PG is still in a Pacers uniform fall 2018 at 60%
    Without Paul, the pacers would be a poor enough team to have chances at drafting high caliber talent for the next few years.

  2. #27
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    It won't do any good to have traded PG for "something" if in 2 years the "something" is gone or buried on the bench.

    If there's a 50% chance he stays and the best trade we can get is 30 cents on the dollar, why do you do that?

    Keep him. Make him make the decision. Despite the big-market obsessed media, I don't think PG to LA is the done deal they think it is.
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without Paul, the pacers would be a poor enough team to have chances at drafting high caliber talent for the next few years.
    Yeah, no, that won't happen and you know it. If we get into the top 4 in my lifetime I will eat a hat (offer ends if the Pacers are moved to another city).
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  5. #29
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    10,045
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?




    PG being in a Pacer's jersey at 60%? Sunshiner of the decade. Oh and this is coming from the ONLY poster who was pro-JOB. UB I share some of the same values as you. I love defense, I want my point guard to be a hawk, and pizza is fantastic. But to think that PG signing here more likely than leaving, with Larry leaving, is seriously overshooting your expectations. The writing is on the wall. It can change. But it is trending towards him not playing for the Pacers in 2018.

  6. #30

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    I voted to go All in still. Pacers going to suck either way

  7. #31
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    34,381

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    PG being in a Pacer's jersey at 60%? Sunshiner of the decade. Oh and this is coming from the ONLY poster who was pro-JOB. UB I share some of the same values as you. I love defense, I want my point guard to be a hawk, and pizza is fantastic. But to think that PG signing here more likely than leaving, with Larry leaving, is seriously overshooting your expectations. The writing is on the wall. It can change. But it is trending towards him not playing for the Pacers in 2018.
    We'll see. But I am factoring in NBA history. Most big time free agents re-sign with their current team.

  8. #32
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,407

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, no, that won't happen and you know it. If we get into the top 4 in my lifetime I will eat a hat (offer ends if the Pacers are moved to another city).
    If Minnesota can get the number one pick, anyone can!

  9. #33
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Funny enough, I remember a chunk of folks on the RATS board being absolutely convinced Reggie was going to NY and raising the metaphorical middle finger at him in advance, finding all kinds of reasons why we didn't need him on the team and why he was only out for himself.

    This may be why I am not convinced that all te reports and media reactions are in any way relevant.
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  11. #34
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    34,381

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without Paul, the pacers would be a poor enough team to have chances at drafting high caliber talent for the next few years.
    OK< lets look back at the last ten drafts and just see who is as good or better than PG now

    2016 - no
    2015 - Towns - of course he's never gotten close to the playoffs
    2014 - Keep in mind injuries are real factors. So no to Embid.
    2013 - 15th pick Antetokounmpo - but of course we could make the playoffs and have gotten him at 15
    2012 - Anthony Davis
    2011 - Irving? leonard - but then again he was the 15th pick, so we could make the playoffs and gotten him
    2010 - Wall
    2009 - Griffin? Harden, Curry
    2008 - Westbrook
    2007 - Durant

    The point I think that is made is this. Drafts average maybe 1 player as good as PG. Keep in mind of course, the pacers would only get one pick, they don't have all the picks. So lets say there is a 10% chance if you are a lottery team of getting a player better than PG in any given draft. Actually is a lot less than 10%, but even if we give you 10% chance. Easily could take 10 years and that is if you are picking in top 10 every year.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  13. #35
    Reborn ready! TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,156
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny enough, I remember a chunk of folks on the RATS board being absolutely convinced Reggie was going to NY and raising the metaphorical middle finger at him in advance, finding all kinds of reasons why we didn't need him on the team and why he was only out for himself.

    This may be why I am not convinced that all te reports and media reactions are in any way relevant.
    I wasn't around then but I'm assuming that was purely speculation by the board without much weight to it. The difference here, in my opinion at least, is that there is some real weight to what's being reported now and while there may not be fire, there is most definitely some smoke...

  14. #36
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't around then but I'm assuming that was purely speculation by the board without much weight to it. The difference here, in my opinion at least, is that there is some real weight to what's being reported now and while there may not be fire, there is most definitely some smoke...
    Why are you making that assumption? Social media is not somehow more accurate than actual sports reporting - which existed in those dark primitive days. We know from Reggie himself he was considering it at the time.
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  16. #37
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,407

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'll see. But I am factoring in NBA history. Most big time free agents re-sign with their current team.
    While true:

    Shaq to the Lakers, CP3 leaving NO, Bron leaving CLE, Melo to NY, Dwight to LA are some examples.

    Some of those were obviously trades, but they were forced to a specified location by said player. But typically when there's this much smoke there's historically fire coming

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  18. #38
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,407

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK< lets look back at the last ten drafts and just see who is as good or better than PG now

    2016 - no
    2015 - Towns - of course he's never gotten close to the playoffs
    2014 - Keep in mind injuries are real factors. So no to Embid.
    2013 - 15th pick Antetokounmpo - but of course we could make the playoffs and have gotten him at 15
    2012 - Anthony Davis
    2011 - Irving? leonard - but then again he was the 15th pick, so we could make the playoffs and gotten him
    2010 - Wall
    2009 - Griffin? Harden, Curry
    2008 - Westbrook
    2007 - Durant

    The point I think that is made is this. Drafts average maybe 1 player as good as PG. Keep in mind of course, the pacers would only get one pick, they don't have all the picks. So lets say there is a 10% chance if you are a lottery team of getting a player better than PG in any given draft. Actually is a lot less than 10%, but even if we give you 10% chance. Easily could take 10 years and that is if you are picking in top 10 every year.
    Not disagreeing.

    My point was that the team would be poor enough to have a chance at drafting talent. Whether we would grab a player thats as good or better than Paul is debatable (and not likely) but that doesn't mean the team wouldn't have chances to add talent to the roster through the draft.

  19. #39
    Thanks Frank PaceBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,586

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    I'm okay with any option as long as Paul is on the team.

  20. #40
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,105

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'll see. But I am factoring in NBA history. Most big time free agents re-sign with their current team.

    Actually in recent history, it seems like a lot of stars re-sign once and then leave around year 7/8 or so unless they're in a golden situation: 2010 Lebron, Howard, Melo, CP3, Bosh, Durant....

    Wade stayed because Lebron came to him. Westbrook stayed for now. Obviously a couple others. Back in the 90's it was a huge deal when Shaq left Orlando. Nowadays, it's not surprising at all when a mega star leaves their original team.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 05-19-2017 at 10:31 AM.

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  22. #41
    Member perryb85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Marion, Indiana
    Age
    32
    Posts
    117

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't around then but I'm assuming that was purely speculation by the board without much weight to it. The difference here, in my opinion at least, is that there is some real weight to what's being reported now and while there may not be fire, there is most definitely some smoke...
    There is no real weight to any of the PG situation either. All we have right now is speculation from Sam Amick. Absolutely no one else has come out to confirm his story that Paul is "hell bent" on playing for the Lakers or that he has made it clear to his teammates that he wants to play for the Lakers. There are only a few facts.

    1. PG loves Indy but he wants to compete for a ring. Hes been quoted as such several times.
    3. PG is under contract for at least the next season.


    EVERYTHING else is pure speculation that has not been verified. If any former Pacer came out today and said, "Yes, Paul confided in me that he wants to play for the Lakers," then maybe I'd buy into this PG to the Lakers thing. But everything Paul has said, other than him idolizing Kobe, leads me to believe the Lakers would be one of the last teams Paul would want to be on right now. They havent made the playoffs 4 seasons. Even with their #1 pick this year, do we really believe the Lakers offer PG a better chance to compete than the Pacers. Lets say the Lakers become a better team than the Pacers after the upcoming season. They still have to contend with the Warriors superteam, Pops Spurs, and the rest of the West.

    People really need to just chill until we get something of substance and not speculation. And no PG's retweet of an article about trading him does not count.
    "What people think of as the moment of discovery is really the discovery of the question." -Jonas Silk

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to perryb85 For This Useful Post:


  24. #42
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While true:

    Shaq to the Lakers, CP3 leaving NO, Bron leaving CLE, Melo to NY, Dwight to LA are some examples.

    Some of those were obviously trades, but they were forced to a specified location by said player. But typically when there's this much smoke there's historically fire coming
    I'm trying to think of any recent scenarios where there was this much buzz about a player leaving and that player staying put. I'm drawing a blank.

  25. #43
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,831

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    PG can be a big fish in a little pound or a small fish in a big pond. With the Pacers he can maybe do something that has not been done since the ABA days.
    If ownership has given him the idea that they have limits then, yeah he is gone. This is ownerships best chance at getting a title since they obtained the team. Yes better chance than Reggie teams.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  26. #44
    Member PaulGeorgeForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Whether we keep PG or not - I don't believe the Pacers have the right ownership and management to win anything in the future.

  27. #45
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is ownerships best chance at getting a title since they obtained the team. Yes better chance than Reggie teams.
    What makes you say that? We are light years from a championship. We have 1 really really good player, 1 player with potential, a ton of "who cares" guys, oh and Lance. I mean I don't even think the dream scenario of Hayward joining the team would make us favorites to get out of the second round.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:


  29. #46
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,404

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm trying to think of any recent scenarios where there was this much buzz about a player leaving and that player staying put. I'm drawing a blank.
    The thought has crossed my mind that maybe this is a publicity stunt. Maybe Paul is just saying he may go to the Lakers to keep him stay in the news and help sell his shoes.

  30. #47
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thought has crossed my mind that maybe this is a publicity stunt. Maybe Paul is just saying he may go to the Lakers to keep him stay in the news and help sell his shoes.
    I honestly am not going to pretend to have any idea what PG is planning. I am just trying to think of any recent examples of so much being made in the media about a player wanting to leave, and that player actually staying.

  31. #48
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    34,381

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not disagreeing.

    My point was that the team would be poor enough to have a chance at drafting talent. Whether we would grab a player thats as good or better than Paul is debatable (and not likely) but that doesn't mean the team wouldn't have chances to add talent to the roster through the draft.

    Well if we are a 18 win team two years from now, then yes the draft is vitally important and our best hope. But it is only hope and I believe there are a lot of fans who have the belief that a lottery pick, a top 10 pick, a top 5 pick even a top 2 or 3 pick guarantee in some way that you are getting a franchise player. No, actually you have to get really lucky. You have to win the lottery, and perhaps more important you have to be in the lottery and win the lottery in the "right year"

  32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  33. #49
    13/31 Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    51,068

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While true:

    Shaq to the Lakers, CP3 leaving NO, Bron leaving CLE, Melo to NY, Dwight to LA are some examples.

    Some of those were obviously trades, but they were forced to a specified location by said player. But typically when there's this much smoke there's historically fire coming
    And look at the state all of the franchises that lost those players have been in since.
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  34. #50
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And look at the state all of the franchises that lost those players have been in since.
    Well, Cleveland's strategy to stockpile #1 picks until Bron came back obviously worked.
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •