View Poll Results: PD versin of MFK - What do you do with PG13?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep PG13 and "Go ALL IN"

51 50.00%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-TOOL"

13 12.75%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-BUILD"

32 31.37%
  • Other?

6 5.88%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shaq, Durant, Webber, Bosh, Lebron, LeMarcus Aldridge, Alonzo Mourning, Mutumbo, Steve Nash, Grant Hill (sign and trade), McGrady, Harden (sign and trade), etc.

Then you have players like Barkley, Rodman, and Vince Carter that required they be traded. So no--- most big time free agents don't re-sign with their team. Not anymore. And even then, there were many trades to move players who 'didn't want to play for their current team. Wilt, Kareem, Moses Malone..
    Yup and basketball is not the same as it once was, people dart.
    Why so SERIOUS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    He has stated time and time again that he wants to contend. He will not contend in Indiana. He KNOWS with LeBron in Cleveland the next few years are not going to be years we contend.
    So he is gonna go to LA to contend where he will have to get past the spurs/warriors... ya right. He's got a better chance in the east

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

I voted "Go All-in", but it really depends on what happens with Teague and PG over the summer.

Looking over the list of players under contract for the next 2 years, it's pretty obvious the Pacers will be in rebuilding mode in the near-term anyway (2018-2019) whether they retain PG for the long-term or not. So, they may as well go all-in now, surround PG with as much talent as they can and take a stab at a deep playoff run while they have the chance. This is assuming they can at least retain PG and Teague. The key is to keep as much of the starting core intact as possible, but if Teague leaves and PG hasn't been inked to a long-term contract by the start of the 2017/2018 season, you may as well tear it down and start over.

Just my 2-cents worth for my first post here in a few years.
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 05-19-2017 at 05:56 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NuffSaid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Both of us have mentioned this a billion trillion times now (along with KStat) but people aren't listening.

There is no "go all in" scenario with Boston. Their average age is 25 (the youngest team to ever make the ECF). If Ainge was pushing all the chips to the table he would have made a Godfather offer at the deadline.

Let's say Danny does trade Fultz for PG. They make the finals and lose to Lebron again. PG bolts to LA and Boston is left without Paul AND Fultz.
    Unlikely scenario. If Boston trades for Paul it is only because they know it is highly likely he will re-sign with them. If Boston gets to the ECF PG isn't going to leave for LA or anywhere else. The odds of Boston making this trade, and ending up losing both Paul and Fultz is practically zero. The only possibility of them losing Paul is if the team has been built on a weak foundation to begin with, and their success this season is just a fluke.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Very tough to answer right now. Because the key information we're missing is what PG is telling the Pacers.

If he says he wants out, then we have to trade him, period. Conversely, if he wants to stay, then continue building around him.

Those are the easy answers. More likely though, PG will continue saying something along the lines of "I'll stay if you can build a winner here". Then the Pacers have to make a choice. If they get a really good trade offer, again that makes the choice easy. But it's more likely that they won't.

That means the Pacers will go into the offseason with the intention to go "all in". Lots of things aren't in the Pacers' control though. It could be that Pritchard couldn't make the moves he wants. Or it could be that a team that looks spectacular on paper fails to perform on the court. Can't rule out Pritchard changing horses in midstream in that case.

Gun to my head, I think the Pacers will choose option 1, but might end up with something that looks like option 2. But don't worry, there's a silver lining. We'll trade everyone off and be at option 3 the season after

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Interesting thing that I heard on a podcast today. Indiana could sweeten a deal by throwing an additional player into the mix. Would Boston bite if they threw in Thad Young?

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Interesting thing that I heard on a podcast today. Indiana could sweeten a deal by throwing an additional player into the mix. Would Boston bite if they threw in Thad Young?
    no

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

no
    Ryan Ainge

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Ryan Ainge
    You think Thad Young is moving the needle?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

So Paul is going to make his decision this weekend?

You think Thad Young is moving the needle?
    No

I think most can agree that Paul George, at the top of his game (playoffs), is a top 10 player in the league. You need a top 10 player to win the championship.

If you accept both of those as facts, then the clear choice is to gamble. Attempt to build a team that is successful enough to get PG all-NBA votes next year and do some serious campaigning for PG to make all-NBA next season.

Look, you know PG is going to try to make all-NBA. He has no choice, whether he likes Indiana or not, because it is an insane amount of money. And the Pacers lose in every trade scenario. IF PG is a top 10 player, you are hoping the pieces collectively supersede the value of a top 10 player. That would be great in the NCAA, but this the NBA and you don't win without a top 10 player. We all saw Denver achieve the best case scenario when they traded Carmelo and they've gone from great to mediocre despite winning the trade.

Also, this will be year three for Myles. This could be the year he 'jumps' to another level. PG made his 'jump' in his third season after struggling in the playoffs.

In my opinion, it would honestly be ludicrous to trade PG. If the Pacers make a slight jump in the standings he is too big of a star to not make all-NBA. If that occurs, he will sign with the Pacers simply due to $$$. If we remain constant, then maybe he isn't worth the money. And nothing gained in a trade has a high chance of being as good as PG.

If he walks, so what? Now we are in the lottery and get that high draft pick we'd trade for anyways...

From my perspective this decision is obvious.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    --snip--
    You need a top 10 player to win the championship.
    --snip--
    This really caught my eye. You actually need a lot more than that to win a title. Most of the time, the best player in the league wins it. The only hope you really have is to build a team that can overcome that best player.

So, the next few years, as long as LeBron is healthy and on his game, good luck. The way he is able to recruit players and mold the team he wants...combined with his IQ (not just bball IQ)...he is going to be incredibly difficult to beat. You will need a great, great team to overcome him. Just look at what he's facing now. It's taking Curry, Thompson and the theft of Kevin Durant to even possibly stop him. The league is so skewed it's not funny.

So, when you say top 10 player in the league...maybe that was true in the past in a best-case situation. I now think you have to have a top 3 player the way the stars form super teams. You just have no choice but to have extreme talent combine with super team.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

What would Myles and the first get us?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    I think most can agree that Paul George, at the top of his game (playoffs), is a top 10 player in the league. You need a top 10 player to win the championship.

If you accept both of those as facts, then the clear choice is to gamble. Attempt to build a team that is successful enough to get PG all-NBA votes next year and do some serious campaigning for PG to make all-NBA next season.

Look, you know PG is going to try to make all-NBA. He has no choice, whether he likes Indiana or not, because it is an insane amount of money. And the Pacers lose in every trade scenario. IF PG is a top 10 player, you are hoping the pieces collectively supersede the value of a top 10 player. That would be great in the NCAA, but this the NBA and you don't win without a top 10 player. We all saw Denver achieve the best case scenario when they traded Carmelo and they've gone from great to mediocre despite winning the trade.

Also, this will be year three for Myles. This could be the year he 'jumps' to another level. PG made his 'jump' in his third season after struggling in the playoffs.

In my opinion, it would honestly be ludicrous to trade PG. If the Pacers make a slight jump in the standings he is too big of a star to not make all-NBA. If that occurs, he will sign with the Pacers simply due to $$$. If we remain constant, then maybe he isn't worth the money. And nothing gained in a trade has a high chance of being as good as PG.

If he walks, so what? Now we are in the lottery and get that high draft pick we'd trade for anyways...

From my perspective this decision is obvious.
    Wait for a high draft pick in the summer of 2019? That's your plan?

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo

no
    Clearly this guy thinks that Boston is good enough as is...

The more I watch the cavs play these other teams the more impressive I realize PG is.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The more I watch the cavs play these other teams the more impressive I realize PG is.
    Boston will realize that once this series is over if they already haven't...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Clearly this guy thinks that Boston is good enough as is...
    Clearly i don't think THAD YOUNG will solve any problems. Everyone knew CLE would steamroll Boston.

What i do know is i don't wanna give up anything worth while for a rental that will bring the same result next year.

Reading would be your friend

I'd go all in. Try your hardest to bring in a legit star this offseason (even if it means sacrificing Turner).

1) It shows PG you're serious about winning
    2) It helps PG qualify for the 'Super Max' next season because he'd be on a better team, and the NBA writers rewarded inferior players like Green, DeRozan, etc. for being on better teams.

Clearly i don't think THAD YOUNG will solve any problems. Everyone knew CLE would steamroll Boston.

What i do know is i don't wanna give up anything worth while for a rental that will bring the same result next year.

Ya know Thad is actually a useful piece against Cleveland. He defended Love pretty well and gets murdered a little less than most other humans trying to guard Bron.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

A hyped rookie is not going to do the job either...but keep thinking that's all Boston need to get pass the Cavs. When they get swept, they'll realize they need Paul George. Unless they're content with only making the playoffs every year.

You guys just don't get it..

You guys just don't get it..
    Maybe you just don't have all the answers like you seem to think. That's also a possibility, but you don't seem to get that.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Ya know Thad is actually a useful piece against Cleveland. He defended Love pretty well and gets murdered a little less than most other humans trying to guard Bron.
    Thank you. If Indiana "rebuilds', then there's really no need to keep Thad Young either.

Besides, it was just an idea floated on a podcast. I was so consumed and concern about trading Paul George for picks and role players that I didn't think once about adding other players to sweeten the deal.