View Poll Results: PD versin of MFK - What do you do with PG13?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep PG13 and "Go ALL IN"

    51 50.00%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-TOOL"

    13 12.75%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-BUILD"

    32 31.37%
  • Other?

    6 5.88%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 351 to 364 of 364

Thread: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

  1. #351
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,396

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I said if the Pacers can't get much for him and he is leaving make him play in Sacramento or Detroit for a year
    I don't know how to pull it off, but I would try to trade him to the Clippers. He would be in LA, playing for his favorite team so there's a good chance he would stay there. That would also irritate the Lakers and their fans.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:


  3. #352
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    6,553

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First I completely disagree. But let's work through this. Are you saying that Paul stays if Pritchard says he will make the team a contender? Is talk enough?

    If it takes actions, what actions could Pritchard possibly take with this roster to make us a contender. We are not remotely close to that even with Paul at his best. We are not in a good bargaining position with our assets. Paul has dissed his team mates, complained about carrying the load and used Twitter to signal he wants out. How in the world does any of this help the Pacers make moves to become a contender?
    I guess you don't follow the Pacers, he's been saying he wants to be on a contender for his next contract for over a couple years now. He also said he wants that to be in Indiana.

    So this isn't a last minute "make a contender in 3 months or I'm out."

    PG has been upfront and honest on what it would take to keep him when he has the freedom to go wherever he wants. The front office blew it.

  4. #353
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,618

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    EDIT: So you believe Paul George is just trolling Pacers fans?
    No, because I am able to interpret pretty much everything as rumors and hearsay. Not a single former teammate has stepped forward to confirm his supposed constant talking about wanting to go to LA - even the ones no longer with the Pacers who have nothing to lose. I interpret the Kimmel show as PG playing along with Jimmy and not really saying anything. I interpret the deleted reply tweet as a fat-finger because I've done it myself multiple times.

    I believe PG is in a lose-lose situation. He would be an idiot to sign an extension now when he can still qualify for a huge payday if he waits and gets All-NBA next year, so not signing isn't proof of wanting out. Whatever he has said, no matter what it is, gets spun the way the listener wants to spin it, so not trying to dig any holes deeper by making public statements promising to do something other than think about it and then talk to KP is the right thing to do.

    I have come to the conclusion this is a minority opinion, because it seems much more popular to believe that no matter who is in the Pacer FO they are stupid and that Herb Simon is the single worst owner in the history of the NBA, as well as believe that PG is an a*****e who hates everything about Indiana, lies through his teeth, and hates the FO so much that he and his agent want to burn everything behind them as he leaves, no matter what it costs him.

    Should that latter be true, there is no reason whatsoever for Doyel or Kravitz to sit on it. It could easily guarantee front-sports-page presence on a daily basis from now until July 1.
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  6. #354
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,272

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess you don't follow the Pacers, he's been saying he wants to be on a contender for his next contract for over a couple years now. He also said he wants that to be in Indiana.

    So this isn't a last minute "make a contender in 3 months or I'm out."

    PG has been upfront and honest on what it would take to keep him when he has the freedom to go wherever he wants. The front office blew it.
    So it goes back to a previous question earlier in the the thread. What does Paul George EXPECTS from the FO if he's not part of the recruiting or FA process? Is he expecting Indiana to get a Butler, Griffin, Hayward, etc type player? I can go to my manager and say "Hey, I don't like how things are ran around here, so I expect you to make changes for the better or I'm quitting." then walk away without giving anymore input. That's what Paul George did, and now he's expecting FO to be mind readers. Then on the other side of the coin...if big time free agents are not willing to sign with Indiana (hence the Ellis and Jefferson type signings, because it was somebody), is it really the fault of the FO? Also, if the Cavs are really HISTORICALLY great due to LeBron, is that the FO's fault?

    The Raptors are still my de facto example of a team that tried to put together what they thought was a contender, and they still got BLASTED by the Cavs. Also, I'm peeked at the "All In" thread, and I'm really not seeing any trades that could get Indiana past the second round. The only way Indiana becomes a TRUE contender is to gut the team and magically acquire two other all-stars like a Westbrook, Harden, Kawahi, Cousins, or Wall....oh, you say that they would never want to come to Indiana?

    Welp....I guess that kills the building a contender idea.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  7. #355
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    6,553

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So it goes back to a previous question earlier in the the thread. What does Paul George EXPECTS from the FO if he's not part of the recruiting or FA process? Is he expecting Indiana to get a Butler, Griffin, Hayward, etc type player? I can go to my manager and say "Hey, I don't like how things are ran around here, so I expect you to make changes for the better or I'm quitting." then walk away without giving anymore input. That's what Paul George did, and now he's expecting FO to be mind readers. Then on the other side of the coin...if big time free agents are not willing to sign with Indiana (hence the Ellis and Jefferson type signings, because it was somebody), is it really the fault of the FO? Also, if the Cavs are really HISTORICALLY great due to LeBron, is that the FO's fault?

    The Raptors are still my de facto example of a team that tried to put together what they thought was a contender, and they still got BLASTED by the Cavs. Also, I'm peeked at the "All In" thread, and I'm really not seeing any trades that could get Indiana past the second round. The only way Indiana becomes a TRUE contender is to gut the team and magically acquire two other all-stars like a Westbrook, Harden, Kawahi, Cousins, or Wall....oh, you say that they would never want to come to Indiana?

    Welp....I guess that kills the building a contender idea.
    Who was PG supposed to meet with last year?

    Even with Monta, Stuckey and other mistakes, the Pacers FO only needed to NOT sign Al Jefferson. Had that money been used better, that's really all we needed to be playing right now.

    Raptors are an example of how hard it is yes. But PG is the 2nd best player in the East, Raptors don't have that. We agree that the Pacers weren't far off from an ECF team, PG is that good, which makes Al signings and such so bad.

    To sum, PG should expect the Pacers to be able to figure out how to give him some type of help or bench within 2 1/2 years. That didn't happen.

  8. #356
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,272

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, because I am able to interpret pretty much everything as rumors and hearsay. Not a single former teammate has stepped forward to confirm his supposed constant talking about wanting to go to LA - even the ones no longer with the Pacers who have nothing to lose. I interpret the Kimmel show as PG playing along with Jimmy and not really saying anything. I interpret the deleted reply tweet as a fat-finger because I've done it myself multiple times.

    I believe PG is in a lose-lose situation. He would be an idiot to sign an extension now when he can still qualify for a huge payday if he waits and gets All-NBA next year, so not signing isn't proof of wanting out. Whatever he has said, no matter what it is, gets spun the way the listener wants to spin it, so not trying to dig any holes deeper by making public statements promising to do something other than think about it and then talk to KP is the right thing to do.

    I have come to the conclusion this is a minority opinion, because it seems much more popular to believe that no matter who is in the Pacer FO they are stupid and that Herb Simon is the single worst owner in the history of the NBA, as well as believe that PG is an a*****e who hates everything about Indiana, lies through his teeth, and hates the FO so much that he and his agent want to burn everything behind them as he leaves, no matter what it costs him.

    Should that latter be true, there is no reason whatsoever for Doyel or Kravitz to sit on it. It could easily guarantee front-sports-page presence on a daily basis from now until July 1.
    You're overly optimistic. If it's about the DPE and staying in Indiana to build a legacy, then Paul George can do the easiest thing in the world to kill all this speculation. Pick up the phone, call, and tell the FO what he wants to do. If Paul George is a Man of his word, then Indiana can build the team accordingly knowing that Paul George will be there after next season. To me, it's that simple.

    Personally, I liked what the FO did over the years, and I chalked it up to the Lebron/Superteam factor. Lebron is to the Pacers as MJ was in the 90's. It is what it is. Now, I'm not sure what happened this past season, because I thought they would be a Top 4 team. They just ended up being a good "on paper" team.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  9. #357
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    6,553

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're overly optimistic. If it's about the DPE and staying in Indiana to build a legacy, then Paul George can do the easiest thing in the world to kill all this speculation. Pick up the phone, call, and tell the FO what he wants to do. If Paul George is a Man of his word, then Indiana can build the team accordingly knowing that Paul George will be there after next season. To me, it's that simple.

    Personally, I liked what the FO did over the years, and I chalked it up to the Lebron/Superteam factor. Lebron is to the Pacers as MJ was in the 90's. It is what it is. Now, I'm not sure what happened this past season, because I thought they would be a Top 4 team. They just ended up being a good "on paper" team.
    If the Pacers FO put together a team that challenged Lebron in the ECF or even semis, then the onus wouldn't be on them.

    But when you have Monta and Al on the team, players that are laughed at by pretty much every analyst, and you can't manage better than 7th seed 1st round and out in the East with the 2nd best player in the conference, then the moves were bad.

  10. #358
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,731

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But when you have Monta and Al on the team, players that are laughed at by pretty much every analyst, and you can't manage better than 7th seed 1st round and out in the East with the 2nd best player in the conference, then the moves were bad.
    Welcome to the dark side.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

  11. #359
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,272

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who was PG supposed to meet with last year?

    Even with Monta, Stuckey and other mistakes, the Pacers FO only needed to NOT sign Al Jefferson. Had that money been used better, that's really all we needed to be playing right now.

    Raptors are an example of how hard it is yes. But PG is the 2nd best player in the East, Raptors don't have that. We agree that the Pacers weren't far off from an ECF team, PG is that good, which makes Al signings and such so bad.

    To sum, PG should expect the Pacers to be able to figure out how to give him some type of help or bench within 2 1/2 years. That didn't happen.
    Summary...throw wet noodles at the wall until something sticks to Paul George's liking. I'm sorry. I don't believe in that concept. Either he's part of solution, or he's not. If he's not, then don't complain when the FO make moves that they believe will make the team better.

    As a former manager myself, don't come into my office with demands in one hand and nothing in the other. If you're going to make demands of me, you better have some feedback and proposals to give as well. Otherwise, shut up and let me do my job according to the vision. If anything, I hate a complainer. In my world, I might start evaluating your performance to see if I can possibly do addition by subtraction.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  12. #360
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    6,553

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome to the dark side.
    Ha, I have no problem admitting I was wrong. I thought the moves could work, and I still think Nate underachieved. But Bird did not build a good enough team and it may cost us PG.

  13. #361
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    6,553

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Summary...throw wet noodles at the wall until something sticks to Paul George's liking. I'm sorry. I don't believe in that concept. Either he's part of solution, or he's not. If he's not, then don't complain when the FO make moves that they believe will make the team better.

    As a former manager myself, don't come into my office with demands in one hand and nothing in the other. If you're going to make demands of me, you better have some feedback and proposals to give as well. Otherwise, shut up and let me do my job according to the vision. If anything, I hate a complainer. In my world, I might start evaluating your performance to see if I can possibly do addition by subtraction.
    The NBA is nothing like your job.

    PG can make demands, because he is 1 of the top 15 guys at his job in the world. The FO job is to meet those demands, and not just because PG made them. They had the tools to be a contender, they failed.

    I keep asking, wtf was PG suppose to do? The Pacers set up no meetings where PG was needed to meet with stars.

  14. #362
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,272

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Pacers FO put together a team that challenged Lebron in the ECF or even semis, then the onus wouldn't be on them.

    But when you have Monta and Al on the team, players that are laughed at by pretty much every analyst, and you can't manage better than 7th seed 1st round and out in the East with the 2nd best player in the conference, then the moves were bad.
    If, if, if, if, if, if. So....what moves SHOULD they have made then? We can say "They should have built a contender" all we want, but I'm waiting for someone to provide a link to superstar trade or signing that Indiana whiffed on.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  15. #363
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,272

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The NBA is nothing like your job.

    PG can make demands, because he is 1 of the top 15 guys at his job in the world. The FO job is to meet those demands, and not just because PG made them. They had the tools to be a contender, they failed.

    I keep asking, wtf was PG suppose to do? The Pacers set up no meetings where PG was needed to meet with stars.
    No...PG can't make demands if he's not going to be part of the solution. PG need to shut up and play basketball, but it's too late now. He pretty much sabotaged any chances Indiana might had to get one more crack at building a contender.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  16. #364
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,731

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Summary...throw wet noodles at the wall until something sticks to Paul George's liking. I'm sorry. I don't believe in that concept. Either he's part of solution, or he's not. If he's not, then don't complain when the FO make moves that they believe will make the team better.

    As a former manager myself, don't come into my office with demands in one hand and nothing in the other. If you're going to make demands of me, you better have some feedback and proposals to give as well. Otherwise, shut up and let me do my job according to the vision. If anything, I hate a complainer. In my world, I might start evaluating your performance to see if I can possibly do addition by subtraction.
    The FO actively froze Paul out of basketball discussions that centered on what position Paul would play and it's Paul's fault he's not part of the FO process?

    Okay.......

    In an ideal situation both would work towards the same goal. But when you're told to shut up and do what you're told, don't expect the one you told to shut up to do your work.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •