View Poll Results: PD versin of MFK - What do you do with PG13?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep PG13 and "Go ALL IN"

53 50.48%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-TOOL"

13 12.38%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-BUILD"

33 31.43%
  • Other?

6 5.71%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt it. Even the people who are saying PG may still be here after 2018 aren't denying he has interest in LA.
    Never underestimate the power of mental gymnastics. People believe what they want to believe.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Man...I still think Joe Young could have become a better player this past season with the minutes given to Brooks. I was cool with the signing at first, then I saw him play.

Brooks has become a catch and shoot player, he's a high percentage shooter. Not a play maker. He can still steal the ball, be the rest of defense. Blah. I think Joe Young can be the same way. Let Lance make the plays though.

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    Brooks has become a catch and shoot player, he's a high percentage shooter. Not a play maker. He can still steal the ball, be the rest of defense. Blah. I think Joe Young can be the same way. Let Lance make the plays though.
    Didn't Pritchard make a comment in his press conference about Joe Young being a good compliment to Lance. He is a shooter, despite his numbers, and his biggest issue these first two years has been playmaking and decision making. Playing with Lance takes that away.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    Didn't Pritchard make a comment in his press conference about Joe Young being a good compliment to Lance. He is a shooter, despite his numbers, and his biggest issue these first two years has been playmaking and decision making. Playing with Lance takes that away.
    I think that will be Joe Young's role next year. If Niang was only a little quicker to play the 3 or bigger to play the 4, we'd have some solid offense in the second unit of Lance/Young/GRIII (Niang)/ Christmas (Niang)(Pick)/ Seraphin.

Niang is a great shooter. He's a solid defender in the zone but awful defender man-to-man.

Lots of interesting things could happen. After seeing what Bradley could do, I think I could consider a PG for Bradley/Brown/Zeller + future pick. Re-sign Teague.

Roll Teague/Bradley/Brown/Thad/Turner

Bench of Monta/Lance/GRIII/Young/Pick/Al/Zeller/Seraphin/Christmas then let Niang and this year's second hash it out for the 15th spot.

End of next year you have Monta,Zeller and Al coming off the books

I'm really divided on this... and I know I'm really late to the party on this, but regardless:

I think we all underestimate how good Paul is... if we look at the playoffs so far, the Pacers are the only team (before Celtics won game 3) to really challenge the Cavs/LeBron- And he's done it for *years* now.

BUT perhaps we're underestimating him because Playoff Paul only shows up for the playoffs... If he shows up like he does for the playoffs regularly, we become a better team throughout the regular season (consistency inspires confidence and is a hallmark of leadership), he gets an All-NBA team bid, and we possibly avoid this whole dilemma altogether.

So... do we trade away one of the only players who can nearly single-handedly compete with LeBron and keep us competitive? Do we keep him even though he only shows up for the playoffs (has a tendency to whine, complain, blame teammates, and talk leadership without any real idea of what it means to lead)?

I'm leaning toward the latter simply because at this point-- if we're building to compete in a couple years-- we're building to compete in a league with a diminished/aging LeBron... he won't be *as* dominant as he is now (e.g. Shaq around the mid-, late-00s). That, and Paul annoys the crap out of me every time I hear him give a press conference and talk about leadership, how important his voice is to the team, etc. It's just his attitude. I'd throw my support behind Myles, trade for some great young possible-stars-to-be, and move on to the next chapter...

So yeah... I guess I'm saying, "bye" to Paul... it sucks, but yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    If Joe is a good shooter and defender, he might be a good one to pair with Lance. We all know George Hill played a nice second fiddle to Lance in 2014.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    If Joe is a good shooter and defender, he might be a good one to pair with Lance. We all know George Hill played a nice second fiddle to Lance in 2014.
    Did you just question if Joe Young is a good defender? Do you know who Joe Young is?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

sav

PG to Boston gonna be full force now...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

If Joe Young has a role next year, I'm out.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I wouldn't be surprised if trade talk picks up prior to game 1 of the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna be a looooooooong 4 weeks until the draft

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if trade talk picks up prior to game 1 of the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think around mid June is when we will start hearing trade rumors, draft rumors and rumors about who different teams are interested in via free agency. I look for it to be pretty quiet until then and obviously the closer we get to draft night, the more rumors we will hear.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    I think around mid June is when we will start hearing trade rumors, draft rumors and rumors about who different teams are interested in via free agency. I look for it to be pretty quiet until then and obviously the closer we get to draft night, the more rumors we will hear.
    Yup, won't hear anything until the finals are over

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

sav

PG still hasn't put on a Laker hat!