View Poll Results: PD versin of MFK - What do you do with PG13?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep PG13 and "Go ALL IN"

53 50.48%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-TOOL"

13 12.38%
  • Trade PG13 and "Re-BUILD"

33 31.43%
  • Other?

6 5.71%
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: POLL - What do you want to do with PG13?

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you. If Indiana "rebuilds', then there's really no need to keep Thad Young either.

Besides, it was just an idea floated on a podcast. I was so consumed and concern about trading Paul George for picks and role players that I didn't think once about adding other players to sweeten the deal.
    For the record, and Ryan's sanity, I don't think Boston should or will trade the #1 pick in the draft. You take Fultz, make a big play for Gordon Hayward, and dangle next year's Brooklyn pick to upgrade the roster. That seems like the move. Will that get them over the top against Cleveland? I sincerely doubt it, but Paul George or Jimmy Butler isn't getting them much closer, either.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

The media gives information gossip and fosters drama. We can not be sure where Paul stands. KP is not stupid he will keep Paul if he thinks Paul may stay. Ownership may tell him to trade or not trade. Pacers played Cleveland as well or better than higher eastern seeds. If KP can improve the team that may be sufficient. It will help nobody to get upset about a situation they can not control.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Great scenario would be to get Howard and his huge contract and then watch PG leave as a free agent next year leaving the Pacers with Howard as the face of the franchise and nothing to show for, great idea
    That's the point of going "ALL IN". Make the best run that you can and leave everything on the table......even if it means seeing Dwight in a Pacers uniform.

I prefer retooling........but if it's not retooling....then I'm "ALL IN". That means, re-sign Teague to his market value.....drive CJ to the airport when he signs with Orlando......trading Monta+AlJeff for Dwight.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-19-2017 at 09:38 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    That's the point of going "ALL IN". Make the best run that you can and leave everything on the table......even if it means seeing Dwight in a Pacers uniform.
    Problem is Dwight Howard doesn't really help you win.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I chose other. I think it is still a wait and see what happens.
    I am in Salt Lake City this week, maybe I can have a talk with Gordon about coming home lol.
    I saw a trade rumor that has no credibility, but found it intriguing.
    It stated the Warriors are looking at a Klay Thompson for PG one year rental.
    They can't afford KT, Steph, and KD. It basically gives them one more shot next year with Paul.
    Thoughts? Maybe with Kevin Looney and their number 1?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Problem is Dwight Howard doesn't really help you win.
    There is no "win now" move that we can make. KP has to put together the best roster that he can to surround PG13 next season. The best one he can put togehter may not be one that will win it all.....it's a matter of acquiring Players that at least makes some sense and then jettisoning the pieces that don't fit. If you can dump AlJeff and Monta + 2nd for Dwight.....he helps the Team way more than keeping either Monta or AlJeff.

Sports Logo

For the record, and Ryan's sanity, I don't think Boston should or will trade the #1 pick in the draft. You take Fultz, make a big play for Gordon Hayward, and dangle next year's Brooklyn pick to upgrade the roster. That seems like the move. Will that get them over the top against Cleveland? I sincerely doubt it, but Paul George or Jimmy Butler isn't getting them much closer, either.
    I read about that possibility, but how is Gordon in the head to head matchup against LeBron? Paul George, IMHO, is someone who can go toe to toe with Lebron who can be inserted into the starting lineup today. As a side note.... I'm starting to feel the Thad idea, lol. They need someone to slow down Love too.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

I read about that possibility, but how is Gordon in the head to head matchup against LeBron? Paul George, IMHO, is someone who can go toe to toe with Lebron who can be inserted into the starting lineup today. As a side note.... I'm starting to feel the Thad idea, lol. They need someone to slow down Love too.
    If Boston could add Gordon Hayward while keeping their war chest of assets, that seems like the smarter move, to me. Ryan's tone aside, he's probably right about Thad: he isn't moving the needle in PG trades.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

If Boston could add Gordon Hayward while keeping their war chest of assets, that seems like the smarter move, to me. Ryan's tone aside, he's probably right about Thad: he isn't moving the needle in PG trades.
    I would agree if Boston was actually competitive against Cleveland. Then they could merely could make some small moves to get them over the top. There's still two more games, but it's not looking good.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

I would agree if Boston was actually competitive against Cleveland. Then they could merely could make some small moves to get them over the top. There's still two more games, but it's not looking good.
    They could just be building for life once LeBron is past his prime. At this rate, that will be in 2027, but I'm not 100% convinced Boston's team building strategy is, "beat LeBron as soon as possible".

If

I would agree with this. #1 pick + Hayward seems better than Paul George, especially if PG gives no guarantee that he'd re-sign. I don't think there's much of a debate that George isn't at least the slightly superior player to Hayward though, if not more so.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They could just be building for life once LeBron is past his prime. At this rate, that will be in 2027, but I'm not 100% convinced Boston's team building strategy is, "beat LeBron as soon as possible".
    Finally. Thank you. My work is done

Sports Logo

That implies they're settling and not trying to win a Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Finally. Thank you. My work is done

My stance hasn't changed on that. It's always been the smartest and most likely path, but you never know with these things. I do think the package Boston floats for difference makers in trades will be the 2018 Brooklyn pick, maybe Jaylen Brown, Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, etc.

That implies they're settling and not trying to win a Championship.
    Maybe for next year, yeah. To me it says they know they are not going to beat this iteration of LeBron's Cavs, so the prudent thing to do is continue building and wait for the opportunity to strike as opposed to selling out and pissing in the wind.

If PG said he would sign an extension with Boston, I think that changes things. But I don't think that's an assurance Paul will give any team that trades for him that isn't in LA.

Sports Logo

Maybe for next year, yeah. To me it says they know they are not going to beat this iteration of LeBron's Cavs, so the prudent thing to do is continue building and wait for the opportunity to strike as opposed to selling out and pissing in the wind.

If PG said he would sign an extension with Boston, I think that changes things. But I don't think that's an assurance Paul will give any team that trades for him that isn't in LA.
    If that's the plan, then they're running the risk of another team getting better and taking their slot. To me, they're currently the "second" best team in the East, and should reinforce that idea why they can. Opportunities to win Championships don't come every year.

To each their own I guess. I want Championships.

If that's the plan, then they're running the risk of another team getting better and taking their slot. To me, they're currently the "second" best team in the East, and should reinforce that idea why they can. Opportunities to win Championships don't come every year.

To each their own I guess. I want Championships.
    I do too. I would just rather go around LeBron than through him.

At this rate it wouldn't surprise me to see PG end up on the Cavs.

I'll lose so much respect for him if this is the route he goes.

If this is my call, I am trying to trade PG to LA for Randle and the #2 pick. See if they will bite on that.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    If this is my call, I am trying to trade PG to LA for Randle and the #2 pick. See if they will bite on that.
    Randle is garbage.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

They don't have any cap space to speak of, so PG will have to give up a ton of money...

Can he force a trade to Cleveland? For Love or Irving for example? I dunno, I'd hope the Pacers opt for a different sort of package.

I can live with whatever happens at this point. Not disputing PG is a great player, but I have always been less than thrilled by his attitude and lack of clutch. I would swap him for Hayward in a heartbeat and wouldn't bat an eye.

All in. 100%

Unless PG straight up tells KP to his face that he WILL NOT stay a Pacer. I also don't believe that is his mindset. I believe him when he says he loves this franchise. I also think his relationship with LB was strained (we allllll know allllllll the reasons), and I just pray his relationship with KP is miles better.

Don't forget, the Pacers helped him get through one of the biggest challenges of his life with his leg injury. They paid him salary bonuses even though they weren't obligated to during that time. Etc.

Especially with KP running things now and Paul wanting to see what happens with our squad.

There are so many reasons for me personally, but I'm 100% on the "All In" do whatever it takes to try to get PG to sign a new contract here.

If that All-in strategy fails, and the worst case, "Durant to GS-esque" type situation plays out... That will be hard to stomach. Obviously.

It will hurt like hell, for a LONG time. But at least I'll know we tried.
    Last edited by TMJ31; 05-20-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    All in. 100%

Unless PG straight up tells KP to his face that he WILL NOT stay a Pacer. I also don't believe that is his mindset. I believe him when he says he loves this franchise. I also think his relationship with LB was strained (we allllll know allllllll the reasons), and I just pray his relationship with KP is miles better.

Don't forget, the Pacers helped him get through one of the biggest challenges of his life with his leg injury. They paid him salary bonuses even though they weren't obligated to during that time. Etc.

Especially with KP running things now and Paul wanting to see what happens with our squad.

There are so many reasons for me personally, but I'm 100% on the "All In" do whatever it takes to try to get PG to sign a new contract here.

If that All-in strategy fails, and the worst case, "Durant to GS-esque" type situation plays out... That will be hard to stomach. Obviously.

It will hurt like hell, for a LONG time. But at least I'll know we tried.
    These *****es ain't loyal.