Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hill : I'd Probably Go Into Stands In Artest Situation

Default Re: Hill : I'd Probably Go Into Stands In Artest Situation

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to know when Ron's Grandmother passed because this is the first we've been told about it & I would have thought that the Star or even the pacers P.R. people would have made sure everybody knew that so we could at least understand that he was going through a rough time.

Or did I just miss them reporting it?
    No offense, man, but I think you just missed it. I'm pretty sure that's public knowlege. His grandmother died, and he went into a funk and started talking about spending more time at home with his kids. I didn't really take it as a big deal at the time, but listening to Ron and thinking about his family situation growing up I can see how that could be a really important relationship to him.

For the Anti-Ron crowd there just wasn't much there unless you pick up on the fact that Ron said he has gone to no therapy since the brawl. But other than that I thought he came across pretty well & sitting next to Mr. N.B.A. manners (Hill) certainly helped.
    Did he say that? I only saw the first half, since I was watching it as Hicks uploaded it. But I thought he dodged the question rather than give a flat "no." Did you catch the bit about the lady that gives him advice?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    No offense, man, but I think you just missed it. I'm pretty sure that's public knowlege. His grandmother died, and he went into a funk and started talking about spending more time at home with his kids. I didn't really take it as a big deal at the time, but listening to Ron and thinking about his family situation growing up I can see how that could be a really important relationship to him.

Did he say that? I only saw the first half, since I was watching it as Hicks uploaded it. But I thought he dodged the question rather than give a flat "no." Did you catch the bit about the lady that gives him advice?
    I guess I didn't quite get that the way you did. I thought he said a lady once gave him advice. Not that a lady was giving him advice.

But I could be totally wrong about that & maybe you are right.

As to his Grandmother, I honestly didn't read it anywhere. If she passed at the beginning of this season then Ron will get a lot more leeway from me on things from early on in the year.

Losing a loved one, no matter what relation, is hard on a person & if it is true that he asked for time off to deal with his Grandmothers death then the Pacers should be ashamed of themselves for not giving him some time.

I thought people were totally unfair to Jamaal Tinsely when his Mom passed & were judging him way to harshly.

Does anybody know when she did die?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

It was right around the whole "month off to promote my album" thing. I remember someone (Hicks or someone) commenting about how they thought that either Ron should have or the Pacers Org should have made Ron take some time off for that.

As for the vid (thanks for the d/l Hicks) Ron seemed to do fine. I agree that the only thing there is that he acted normal. Not really much for either side to wave around. The "advice lady" didn't seem to be an implication of counsling to me. Sounded more like "someone once told me" rather than "I talk to a woman who helps me". I thought the question about his kids was awkward.

The GQ article mentioned that his grandmother died and that was the firt I had heard about that. But since then it has been brought out a few times.

Mood

I watched it live, and I remember him saying he did not go the any thearapy after 11/19.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The woman he was talking about is a woman that works in the NBA front office. When Ron got the sit down with Stern, I remember him talking about how she had set that up for them.......

Atleast that's what I think I remember.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Interesting that the host thought going into the stands was more justified than hitting the fan on the court. I had a problem with going into the stands, but I thought the hit on the fan in front of the Pacers bench was totally justified. There were three guys coming at him, and he put the first down before the other two could get there. I had no problem with that.
    Yep, the fans on the court were fair game IMO. The Detroit Police felt the same way, Ron was only charged with one misdemeanor for grabbing the guy (the wrong guy) in the stands. He was not charged for hitting John Green (Green hit Ron first) or the little fat f**ker on the floor (coming at Ron in a aggressive manner).
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

if he didn't hurt his ankle doing it. Besides he missed just as many (and more than that) games as ronnie. So why not?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER