Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hill : I'd Probably Go Into Stands In Artest Situation

ImCrazyB

Default Re: Hill : I'd Probably Go Into Stands In Artest Situation

Shh!!

Don't let the anti-Ron Artest faction see this.

So many players have said they would have done the same thing. Shaq, Maurice Cheeks, Grant Hill...I know there are more.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Somehow, I really doubt he would. Hill's much too mellow.

IndyToad
    Your magic number

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You should never doubt, what nobody is sure about.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Yeah but if Grant Hill Would have done it he woulnd't have gotten the same punishment.

Hill is a friggin' psycho. I wonder what he works out in?

Ron and Hill bout to be on CNBC, to talk about the brawl. Just a heads up for you guys.

To talk about the brawl? I thought this thing was done.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To talk about the brawl? I thought this thing was done.
    Okay think about it Ron is going to be on TV, getting interviewed. What do you think they are going to ask him about? What kind of cake he likes.

I'm watching it. It's not bad.

After this commercial Ron and the host are supposed to do a "Play by play" of the brawl with Ron commenting as they go. I'm recording it in case it proves fascinating, in which case I can share with the group.

I wish I could get that ball Ron just gave that dude

Does anyone care to see this? I can make a vid, but if no one does I won't waste my time.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Okay think about it Ron is going to be on TV, getting interviewed. What do you think they are going to ask him about? What kind of cake he likes.
    Kegboy heard somewhere that Ron has been making ice cream cakes since he's been suspended. Personally, I can't wait to hear all about it.

Yes I would like to see it...I just got to see the last 3 mins of it.

If you could please.

It is on again at midnight Indy time.,

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Does anyone care to see this? I can make a vid, but if no one does I won't waste my time.
    Yes, please...

I'll second that Hicks.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm going to bed. But I have it uploading now, so it should be up within an hour:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/ron_cnbc_052405.mov

Man, that's funny.

Host: "And you foul Ben Wallace, and he's not a guy you really wanna foul cause he's a big guy."

Ron: "Actually I weigh more than Ben."

Host: "Really?"

Ron: "Yeah, Ben's 240 or 250. I'm 255."
    That's great.

Interesting that the host thought going into the stands was more justified than hitting the fan on the court. I had a problem with going into the stands, but I thought the hit on the fan in front of the Pacers bench was totally justified. There were three guys coming at him, and he put the first down before the other two could get there. I had no problem with that.

Also interesting that he wouldn't say he was in therapy, but when asked how he'd control his anger he talked about "a lady" that gave him "advice" on how to think before acting, taking 5 seconds or 5 minutes, etc. And he also said the time of was to "get his head together" after his grandmother died.

Enjoy your time at PD!

PacersFan

I thought Ron looked a little nervous about saying the right thing out there. He looked a little uncomfortable, but I thought he said all the right things and you could definetly see he felt bad about Nov 19.

You can tell that Ron has some inner hate for Ben Wallace,I dont care what anyone else says.

That guy hates Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    You can tell that Ron has some inner hate for Ben Wallace,I dont care what anyone else says.

That guy hates Ben.
    I didn't get that out of the interview, but it wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't blame him. I don't like Ben either.

Enjoy your time at PD!

So Ron Artest = Martha Stewart?

The interview was entertaining.

I'd like to know when Ron's Grandmother passed because this is the first we've been told about it & I would have thought that the Star or even the pacers P.R. people would have made sure everybody knew that so we could at least understand that he was going through a rough time.

Or did I just miss them reporting it?

BTW, the interviewer was a tool. My God he was awfull, who thought booking Ron on this show was a good idea. Well maybe since no one watches that show it was a good idea so if Ron had a slip up it wouldn't be that wide spread.

However Ron made no gaffs & I couldn't beleive that I acutally found myself defending Ron Artest.

The Ben incident, the fans in the stands were all things I blame Ron for. But that joker on the court who came at him with his fist clenched that Ron hit totally deserved what he got & it's just a dang shame that A.J. & Jermaine both hit the wrong guy.

The funny thing is that every time I see that replay I always see something I didn't see before. Tonight they had a zoom in from a differant angle than what I've seen of the confrontation between the Pacers & the Pistons & if you watch real close you will see that Jamaal is talking smak the entire time enough so that little Lindsay Hunter shoves him.

For the Ron Artest crowd this interview will probably be read as Ron going in the right path.

For the Anti-Ron crowd there just wasn't much there unless you pick up on the fact that Ron said he has gone to no therapy since the brawl. But other than that I thought he came across pretty well & sitting next to Mr. N.B.A. manners (Hill) certainly helped.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13