Thread: OT - The Fever

Default OT - The Fever

My wife, daughters, and I went to the Fever game last night. I must say, these ladies can play pretty well. I was really impressed. Of course, the atmosphere isn't anything like a Pacer game, but I was pretty proud of the people who did go.

It was my first Fever game. I guess that I'm ripe for the picking since I cannot stand baseball and there isn't anything to connect the Pacers and Colts seasons for me. So, I'm a Fever fan now.
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

Default Re: OT - The Fever

It kinda sucks that you can't even find a WNBA game on TV anymore barely. I hope that the fate of the WNBA isn't like that of the baseball league in 'A League of their Own'. It would be a shame, there are some really talented women out there.

woman without a team

Check out http://www.wnba.com/schedules/

According to them the Fever game tomorrow is on FSM.

And before anybody gets on here and says that the women's game stinks, in reality it's not that much worse than watching the Bulls play the Wizards.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been to several Fever games. As he said its not like a Pacer game its more like a high school game as far as atmosphere. More young girls more of a peppier feel.

The Fever players and all WNBA player are becoming more and more athletic and skilled as the years go on. The womans athletic programs are just starting to catch up after being neglected for so long. As a father of a daughter who was into sports in high school , I've watched how the female athletes skill level has improved.

If you have never seen a Fever game in person ,you should , you may be pleasantly suprise by their ability. No you won't see slam dunks. But you will see more hustle and effort than most NBA players put out.

You also need to see Tamika Catchings play. Few people who don't follow the Fever or WNBA , even realize that here in Indiana we have one of the top 5-10 female players in the world playing for our team.

Get a cheap seat and work your way down closer , give it a shot . You may find yourself having a great time.

There are 8 Fever games on FOX and WB4 this season along with 1 on ESPN 2 and several on NBATV . Give the gals a peek.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been to several Fever games. As he said its not like a Pacer game its more like a high school game as far as atmosphere. More young girls more of a peppier feel.

The Fever players and all WNBA player are becoming more and more athletic and skilled as the years go on. The womans athletic programs are just starting to catch up after being neglected for so long. As a father of a daughter who was into sports in high school , I've watched how the female athletes skill level has improved.

If you have never seen a Fever game in person ,you should , you may be pleasantly suprise by their ability. No you won't see slam dunks. But you will see more hustle and effort than most NBA players put out.

You also need to see Tamika Catchings play. Few people who don't follow the Fever or WNBA , even realize that here in Indiana we have one of the top 5-10 female players in the world playing for our team.

Get a cheap seat and work your way down closer , give it a shot . You may find yourself having a great time.

There are 8 Fever games on FOX and WB4 this season along with 1 on ESPN 2 and several on NBATV . Give the gals a peek.
    We were tempted to work our way down. I bought $10 seats, which is cheap for a pro sports game, and we were seated behind the goals. I was PHC@Section10 last night!
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've actually got tickets for tomorrow's game vs. the Mercury.

I wanted to see Diana Taurasi play.

I'm with you Diamonddave00. Also had a daughter who played highly competitive volleyball. Her reward - a trip to Australia to play in 1999.

I'm all for the women's game and I think Catchings is just a good "basketball player".
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.