Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

I think all you guys are missing what has to be the most disturbing part of this story, and one aspect that doesn't seem to be in dispute...

What the Hell is Ron Ron doing wearing nutters?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it seems the apologist groups are in full mode.
    What was I apologizing for again? How dare Ron flex his biceps!! omg omg call the cops quick!
    Or maybe he flexed his Pecks Or his calf muscles lol

who gives a flying f***

It seems that the Ron hater groups are in full glorified bull***** paparazzi mode

Quote Originally Posted by dobermanpharaoh
    Ya know what? If things go badly for Ron I know he could thrive well in the WWE. He would fit right in! I hate to admit it, but i like Ron,but crap like this just makes me wonder......WTF is he thinking?! You just sat out all season why take a chance on doing something that stupid?
    He had no business being there in the first place.And I ain't buyin' that's when he always goes to workout.He acts way too impulsively.Like hmmm,is this something I should really be doing? I just don't know,such a talented player but I don't think he really gets it.

If you think he left his huse which is probably 35 - 40 minutes away to go to Conseco to confront the Pistons bus you are crazy. And yes he does often goes to Conseco at strange hours to workout. it isn't like he has to get up early the next day to go to work

I think even the greatest Ron Artest apologist on here would admit that one of Ron's problems over the years is that he has impulse control problem.

Depending on how this scenario really went down is how you could view this.

1. It's just a coincidence. Ron had no idea the Pistons bus was there & he didn't even aknowledge them. He just jumped out of his truck, took off his shirt & ran to the gym.

2. Ron talked with the guards out front, new exactly that the Pistons bus was in there timed it just right to when all the players where on the bus & was trying to make a statement about being back next year.

3. Ron had no idea they were there but when he saw them he took off his shirt to make a statement.

If it's # 1 then there is no issue at all. None, & I'm one of Ron's biggest detractors on here.

If it's # 2 you have to admire his intelligence network but then you have to really worry about him.

If it's # 3 then you have a real problem, IMO. It tells me that he acted on impulse & everything they have said about him getting better is just talk.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

What it sounds like to me is ron was in the middle of one of his tantrums or whatever clicks in his head, he was already driving eratically only to see the bus there so he thought that he would further add to it by tearing off his shirt to make it look like he was going after the bus. Maybe attention.

I'm certain that he was just playing but with everything that has happened that kind of thinking shows that he hasn't come very far since the brawl.

Of course in fact that was his line of thinking.

dobermanpharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    If you think he left his huse which is probably 35 - 40 minutes away to go to Conseco to confront the Pistons bus you are crazy. And yes he does often goes to Conseco at strange hours to workout. it isn't like he has to get up early the next day to go to work
    To be honest,I think Ron would. I don't think he THINKS on the same level as most people. He thrives on intimidation. I think he may have been making some kind of statement to the pistons. And yes sir....I am mighty crazy! But I still believe Ron is the best player on this team....it's those very traits that make him so great.

As someone has stated before the writers do not always get it right. Maybe everything is true or maybe things are a little slanted. I'll wait and see on this. If it's true you'll see the NBA make a move and if not you won't.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck
    What was I apologizing for again? How dare Ron flex his biceps!! omg omg call the cops quick!

who gives a flying f***

It seems that the Ron hater groups are in full glorified bull***** paparazzi mode
    Well either you A) haven't read the rest of this thread realizing that those of us who are concerned could care less about the physical action but rather the obvious lack of control that Ron exhibits, or B) you're in such a pissy mood that you don't care what anyone says.

I'm guessing B.

Oh well, what can I say. I'm a hater, and we have to make up stuff about Ron cause he doesn't give us enough anyway.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Why can't we believe the most likely scenerio. Ron was going to Conseco to work out, afterall he is banned from being at Conseco 2 hours prior to game time and 2 hours after the game is over (umm that would be about right -11:30). He pulls into the area, sees a bus figures out it is the Pistons, he thinks it would be funny to act like a 15 year old kid and he rips off his shirt flexes his muscles, and then walks away.

We are all lucky he did not moon the bus. Perhaps he thought about and decided against it.

Why can't we believe the most likely scenerio.

Guys, honestly, who cares

So he took off his shirt and flexed his muscles? Seriously, big deal. I've seen worse (remember that one time when a guy went into the stands?)

I think it's funny more than anything. Big deal.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Why can't we believe the most likely scenerio. Ron was going to Conseco to work out, afterall he is banned from being at Conseco 2 hours prior to game time and 2 hours after the game is over (umm that would be about right -11:30). He pulls into the area, sees a bus figures out it is the Pistons, he thinks it would be funny to act lne a 15 year old kid and he rips off his shirt flexes his muscles, and then walks away.

We are all lucky he did not moon the bus. Perhaps he thought about and decided against it.

Why can't we believe the most likely scenerio. Crazy story about his stalking the bus, lanning his whole life around when the bus would be leaving

Because it's Ron Artest. Because he has given normal fans no reason to ever trust the man again.

To Artest fans, it's just a coincidence & Ron was being funny.

To Pacer fans (those who don't live & die by Ron) it's just another reason why the guy just doesn't get it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why can't we believe the most likely scenerio. Ron was going to Conseco to work out, afterall he is banned from being at Conseco 2 hours prior to game time and 2 hours after the game is over (umm that would be about right -11:30). He pulls into the area, sees a bus figures out it is the Pistons, he thinks it would be funny to act lne a 15 year old kid and he rips off his shirt flexes his muscles, and then walks away.

Why can't we believe the most likely scenerio. Crazy story about his stalking the bus, lanning his whole life around when the bus would be leaving
    At this point I'm willing to believe anything. The best or the worst case scenarios.

We are all lucky he did not moon the bus.
    Lets not give him any ideas shall we.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

dobermanpharaoh

I wasn't aware of the time issues,as far as when he was allowed to be there. I hope you are right. I think Ron is capable of having a great season next year.I want so badly for him to succeed. But I think he can be his own worst enemy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewtone
    I think all you guys are missing what has to be the most disturbing part of this story, and one aspect that doesn't seem to be in dispute...

What the Hell is Ron Ron doing wearing nutters?!?!?
    - High socks came back surprisingly (for a short time).
    - Wild hair (the afro, the long hair, etc) and facial hair came back and is still here.
    - The headband is back and is still here.
    - Throwbacks came back, albeit baggy.
    - There was a Rex Specs sighting in the NCAA tourney (Creighton PG) this year for the first time in ages.

Is it THAT crazy to think nut huggers couldn't be the "it thing" in the NBA again? Someone will end up being the martyr like Glenn Robinson with the socks or Cliff Robinson with the headband and try to bring it back for comedies' sake.

Seems to me Ron-Ron might be a perfect example of someone that could care less about being "uncool" by doing it.

Somewhere, the Pacers Goof sits with pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Because it's Ron Artest. Because he has given normal fans no reason to ever trust the man again.

To Pacer fans (those who don't live & die by Ron) it's just another reason why the guy just doesn't get it.
    What is there to get though? It was just something silly, nothing more. Had he gone onto the bus, or made obscene gestures, then yes, I would be worried. But he was just being funny, which I have no problem with.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

my thing is, you'd think a guy who's entire career is hanging by a THREAD would be a little more careful about how he acts. Look at Jermaine.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck

who gives a flying f***

funny, YET SO TRUE!!!

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

ImCrazyB

Some of you guys need to get out of your fantasy worlds that involve Artest being insane. Tons of guys work out in short shorts..It allows your legs to move more freely.

And as for not wearing a shirt, Well..Who cares? I know plenty of people who work out with their shirt off. And who exactly could Artest have hit..Especially at night..Honestly?

This thread is crawling with Artest haters.

And I personally think that report is completely innacurate. I'm willing to bet he was speeding in the parking lot and as he was walking into the gym, he took off his shirt. He wasn't running around smashing cars ripping his shirt off like he was the incredible hulk.

I think even the greatest Ron Artest apologist on here
    Ok, so well since we are now deemed "apologists" again ... I might aswell call you and your "followers" the Ron Artest Haters. I mean Come on!

And, yes, he does have impulse problems, entirely true.

Regards,

Mourning

Oh, come on! You hated Artest even BEFORE this last season. Artest isn't forgiven or ANYWHERE NEAR that, he has atleast a whole season to try and do that, but you are speaking like you speake for EVERYBODY, which I find objective. Atleast say it's your own opinion and/or maybe the opinion of some or all of your friends, but just don't use that fake kind of objectivity.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Regards,

Mourning

Harmonica

Ah well, it's the off-season. Not much else to talk about I guess.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the whole story is true except for the "tearing off of his shirt." I think he came to do a midnight workout, didn't have a shirt on when he got out of the car and he went into the fieldhouse. Of course saying he ripped his shirt off and almost hit several people will garner more attention. The article itself says:

"But Artest made no motion toward the bus. He simply walked, bare-chested and bare-footed, into the building, presumably for a midnight workout."

So where is the big story here? Take away him ripping his shirt off and there is NO story, which is why poetic license was taken by Mr. McCosky.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by fwpacerfan
    I think the whole story is true except for the "tearing off of his shirt." I think he came to do a midnight workout, didn't have a shirt on when he got out of the car and he went into the fieldhouse. Of course saying he ripped his shirt off and almost hit several people will garner more attention. The article itself says:

"But Artest made no motion toward the bus. He simply walked, bare-chested and bare-footed, into the building, presumably for a midnight workout."

So where is the big story here? Take away him ripping his shirt off and there is NO story, which is why poetic license was taken by Mr. McCosky.
    I agree with you on this.

I guess I should have just stayed out of this thread altogether, because I beleive that it was scenario # 1 (of my post above).

I just allow myself sometimes to get caught up with people who just will justify anything the guy does & I need to stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    The final straw would have been if Ronnie would have run into the Detroit bus/plane w/e and taken Ben Wallace by the fro and said 'We finish this tonight!' then if he proceeded to slam BWall into the floor and beat the crap out of him, amd then say 'This one is for Reggie and for your smartass brother!'

That might possibly be a last straw.
    Thats pretty funny. Although I think he would have wooped all of them, Benny would have been the starting point.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Sounds like Ron was in his boxers and ready for bed when he decided to jump in the truck and head downtown.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731