Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

well, indy media has always been slow to report artest 'incidents'

i love artest the player, but please larry and donnie, trade him already

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    much as I dont like McCoskey, blatently accusing him of making up a story is a bit unfair.
    Making up the story? Hardly. Maybe tweaking the details, but I believe Artest driving into Conseco is a very factual statement. Other than that, who knows.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    Making up the story? Hardly. Maybe tweaking the details, but I believe Artest driving into Conseco is a very factual statement. Other than that, who knows.

If you're saying all he did was drive into conseco for practice, then, indeed, you are accusing him of lying.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Are you saying that you've never seen an article that wasn't true? I would say this kind of story would have less merit in the public eye, and would need less source checking than lets say someones Nation Guard duty records, and we all see how Dan Rather ended up......

If the Detroit media is in the parking lot, then you bet some national media is out there too. Seeing how whoever wrote this article only gives second hand information you've got to take into account of who his sources are. The Pistons can say all they want about how they're friends with the Pacers players, but Ron isn't on Ben's list. I believe Ben just as far as I could throw him.
    Lol I love how this is now a Ben Wallace conspiracy.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are you saying that you've never seen an article that wasn't true? I would say this kind of story would have less merit in the public eye, and would need less source checking than lets say someones Nation Guard duty records, and we all see how Dan Rather ended up......

If the Detroit media is in the parking lot, then you bet some national media is out there too. Seeing how whoever wrote this article only gives second hand information you've got to take into account of who his sources are. The Pistons can say all they want about how they're friends with the Pacers players, but Ron isn't on Ben's list. I believe Ben just as far as I could throw him.
    But you just sort of made my point. Dan Rather can not have his name mentioned without that story be mentioned or thought of. He risked, and lost, his integrity. Still that was at least over something like the US elections. This is over a basketball rilvary. I don't think any intelligent journalist would risk their integrity over this. Therefore I do not believe this story is made up. Embellished or mis-interpreted, maybe. But not made up.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Ya gotta be careful with those Artestigicians and their use of misdirection.

House Sigil:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute
    well, indy media has always been slow to report artest 'incidents'

i love artest the player, but please larry and donnie, trade him already

What is all this crap about Trading, I'm not talking about you, but just the forum lately. Trade Tins,trade Freddie, now Trade Ron??? I understand that the college draft and everything is coming up, and don't misunderstand, I would love to get a Deron Williams, Dee Brown, or Luther Head to represent the home state (Illinois Baby!!!), but with everything thats happened this year, I wanna take a run with the roster we have (- JB sometimes I admit), so that they can be reimbursed (sorry sp) for this season, even though it was really good considering.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    If you're saying all he did was drive into conseco for practice, then, indeed, you are accusing him of lying.
    No sh. What I responded to was your claim that we're saying he made up the ENTIRE story, not just the details. I believe that Ron was there, but I don't believe he just about hit people or that he "ripped" off his shirt.

Maybe they saw him driving down the ramp and thinks he about hit the security guards at the gate. I wouldn't hesitate to believe that he simply took off his shirt, which I personally do right when I get out of my car before going to play to change shirts on the way into the gym instead of courtside. It's all about his words, that's why I called it tweaking.

I don't think I am an Artest apologist and this mostly just makes me shrug. Since absolutely nothing happened and there's no context here whether it was an attempt at a joke or what... and since the story hasn't had much in the way of legs... I'm willing to file it away as something to remember but a non-issue in and of itself.

I don't think neccessarily the Detroit media would lie but they also don't have much in the way of reasons to downplay it either. IOW, of course they will spin it as 'Crazy Ron'.

And so I consider the source, remember the event in case something similar is alleged down the road, and also remember absolutely nothing happened so we might not be getting proper context from the reporter.

As for almost hitting people when he drove in... That can be a perception issue and also a subjective, if not exaggerated call to help with the angle the story is pushing.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Conspiracy? Hardly.

Ever been in a situation where two people see the same event, but one sees it differently. It happened to me Sat. night. Someone told a friend that I made out with his gf while at a party. We may have been talking, and I might have said something into her ear because of the noise but nothing even close to what was said happened really happened.

It's called an objectional view. Getting a source from a bias individual is hardly ethos.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I don't think I am an Artest apologist and this mostly just makes me shrug. Since absolutely nothing happened and there's no context here whether it was an attempt at a joke or what... and since the story hasn't had much in the way of legs... I'm willing to file it away as something to remember but a non-issue in and of itself.

I don't think neccessarily the Detroit media would lie but they also don't have much in the way of reasons to downplay it either. IOW, of course they will spin it as 'Crazy Ron'.

And so I consider the source, remember the event in case something similar is alleged down the road, and also remember absolutely nothing happened so we might not be getting proper context from the reporter.

As for almost hitting people when he drove in... That can be a perception issue and also a subjective, if not exaggerated call to help with the angle the story is pushing.

-Bball
    Ditto. Like I've said earlier, this has no real proof. Therefore if it is as bad as it could be then Ron needs to go right now for anything, but we don't know and probably never will know how bad it was. So, yes, this will be kept in memory for future reference.

House Sigil:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Conspiracy? Hardly.

Ever been in a situation where two people see the same event, but one sees it differently. It happened to me Sat. night. Someone told a friend that I made out with his gf while at a party. We may have been talking, and I might have said something into her ear because of the noise but nothing even close to what was said happened really happened.

It's called an objectional view. Getting a source from a bias individual is hardly ethos.
    There he goes again with that mis-direction.

House Sigil:

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    The final straw would have been if Ronnie would have run into the Detroit bus/plane w/e and taken Ben Wallace by the fro and said 'We finish this tonight!' then if he proceeded to slam BWall into the floor and beat the crap out of him, amd then say 'This one is for Reggie and for your smartass brother!'

That might possibly be a last straw.
    Nah - the final straw was Ron running into the stands in Detroit and gaining a season-long suspension for himself as well as suspensions for several of his teammates essentially eliminating the Pacers from title contention.

THAT was the final straw - we had plenty of preludes - smashing cameras, saluting the crowd in Miami, brian-dead moments vs Detroit in the ECF, wanting time off at the start of the season to promote a rap album, etc.

This particular incident is just a reminder - as well as an indication of just how effective his 73-games off has been.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    Ya gotta be careful with those Artestigicians and their use of misdirection.
    So I guess everyone should take hook, line, and sinker with every story that's published.

To go along the lines of Rather. If he would risk it over something like that, that he knew was going to be checked and rechecked and rechecked again why would he risk it? This kind of story is one that most people read and believe without questioning. If someone goes around and starts asking witnesses: "Did you see Ron almost hit people?" "Did Ron 'rip' off his shirt in a threatening way, in your opinion?" and the majority says "no" to both then all the writer has to say to regain credibility is say that in his opinion he came to close to bystanders and that he thought he did rip it off. Case closed, and no black eyes.

Mood

Like the other DD i'm not a big Ron Artest supporter but even if this is true I have no problem with it.

Trying to read Ron's mind.

1. Pacers season just ended - his sentance is over

2. Pistons team bus is at Conseco , he must go past security to enter where the bus is parked , so he can check to see if its still there.

3. Pistons elimananted the Pacers but Ron was not part of the team they eliminated.

Ron pulls up in front of bus . Has the attention of Pistons players and coaches. Rips off his shirt-- showing tho he has not played and is still in great shape. That is his way of saying - I'M BACK!!!!

He then goes in to practice telling the Pistons by his actions the 2005-06 season starts now in Ron's mind.

The lasting thought in Pistons players and coaches minds as they leave Indy - is What in the hell is going on with Artest? Look at the Ben Wallace quote , Ron's trying to get under their skin already.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

the last person on earth that should be trying to play mind games with anyone is ron artest.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    Like the other DD i'm not a big Ron Artest supporter but even if this is true I have no problem with it.

Trying to read Ron's mind.

1. Pacers season just ended - his sentance is over

2. Pistons team bus is at Conseco , he must go past security to enter where the bus is parked , so he can check to see if its still there.

3. Pistons elimananted the Pacers but Ron was not part of the team they eliminated.

Ron pulls up in front of bus . Has the attention of Pistons players and coaches. Rips off his shirt-- showing tho he has not played and is still in great shape. That is his way of saying - I'M BACK!!!!

He then goes in to practice telling the Pistons by his actions the 2005-06 season starts now in Ron's mind.

The lasting thought in Pistons players and coaches minds as they leave Indy - is What in the hell is going on with Artest? Look at the Ben Wallace quote , Ron's trying to get under their skin already.

Your honor, I'd like to present this post as evidence and an example of how the same story can be spun in two entirely different ways depending on what the writer wants the reader to take away from it.

I'd like to call as my next witness- Dan Rather....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This story died pretty quickly, but it finally hit the Detroit News. If anyone has a better title for this thread, please let me know, because I can't come up with a good one.

How about, 'Artest in shorts get's short in Detroit News'?

This has to be the most retarded news article I've ever read concerning the Pacers.

Mood

Exactly bball - that was my point. Anytime you read something there can be at least 2 ways of spinning it.

If you are a Piston fan your view point is what a nut case. If you like Ron Artest , you rationalize his actions.

As with most the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

As farfetched as the story sounds it could be true-- part could be or none. As for if its true and why Ron Artest acted as he did , endless possibilities.

Either way there was no confrontation , Ron went in and workedout , so whats the big deal??

If it did occur I think the one certainty we can draw from this is that Ron was telling the Piston - I'M BACK

Quote Originally Posted by abington
    im thinking he has played his last game in a Pacer uniform.
    I would agree - he has played his last game in those pinstripe uniforms

As everyone has

They are not trading Ron Artest for a bag of jock straps - which is pretty much his trade value about right now
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

So I guess everyone should take hook, line, and sinker with every story that's published.
    Exactly.....

Look, if there is something to this story the Pacers will find out and they WILL know the facts.

Shhh....I didn't say this but all major league sports teams have their own investigators for this kind of stuff. How do I know this? Because I meet with an investigator every year concerning a certain team and he has performed this function for both the NBA and NFL. This individual will discuss specific players to keep an eye on and is available 24 hours a day. Let me put it this way. These people probably know more about them than the players own family. IF Artest messed up both the PAcers and Stern will know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PHC Fan
    If the Detroit News cannot get their facts straight on this little ditty (predicting the Heat to win it all), then how can we expect them to get the Ron Artest story right?
    Hello, Kettle, this is Mr. Pot.

Oops, I misread the sentence. Move along, only a wounded ego to see here!!!!
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck
    This has to be the most retarded news article I've ever read concerning the Pacers.
    Well it seems the apologist groups are in full mode.

House Sigil:

dobermanpharaoh

Ya know what? If things go badly for Ron I know he could thrive well in the WWE. He would fit right in! I hate to admit it, but i like Ron,but crap like this just makes me wonder......WTF is he thinking?! You just sat out all season why take a chance on doing something that stupid?
    He had no business being there in the first place.And I ain't buyin' that's when he always goes to workout.He acts way too impulsively.Like hmmm,is this something I should really be doing? I just don't know,such a talented player but I don't think he really gets it.