Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 146

Thread: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    This story died pretty quickly, but it finally hit the Detroit News. If anyone has a better title for this thread, please let me know, because I can't come up with a good one. Seems like Ben is a little scared.



    http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/...C12-189302.htm

    Weird scene


    The Pistons were still shaking their heads at what happened Thursday night as they were on their bus inside the loading-dock area of Conseco Fieldhouse.

    It was between 11:30 and midnight and the Pistons' bus was about to leave the arena for the airport.

    Suddenly, a dark Escalade roared into the loading dock, nearly hitting several people.

    Out jumped Ron Artest, the Pacers forward who got a seasonlong suspension for his part in the Nov. 19 brawl.

    According to Pistons players on the bus, Artest was wearing an old (and short) pair of shorts. He had no shoes on and, upon getting out of the vehicle, he tore off his T-shirt.

    Given the history between Artest and the Pistons, the team's security officials were on high alert. But Artest made no motion toward the bus. He simply walked, bare-chested and bare-footed, into the building, presumably for a midnight workout.

    "There's something going on there," Ben Wallace said, not wanting to comment further.

  2. #2
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Ben is scared

    Well without a doubt you need to say Ben is scared for Artest, not of Artest.

    This is unreal.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    I'll wait until all the facts come in and they will since he almost hit several people when driving in supposedly.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Sounds like a good question for .

    Or maybe Bruno.

    David Stern (as well as Pacers brass) have GOT to be shaking their heads over this one.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  5. #5
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Who are those several people. The area is not open to the public. The Pacers players and employees likely are the only ones who park in there. I have no idea how large of an area that is.

    I posted this in the other thread on this topic. Ron was on his way to Conseco to work out, happened to see the Pistons bus and thought he would be funny. With Ron's past he should have left it all alone, but I don't think it is that big a deal. Of course he shouldn't "almost run" over anyone

    Does anyone think he was sitting their waiting for the bus. The article says he was speeding into the area where the bus just happened to be

  6. #6

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    im thinking he has played his last game in a Pacer uniform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    It's not a big deal for all but about 5 NBA players. For Ron Artest, anything he does that shows up on the radar screen is a big deal.

    If it happened, does this provide evidence of Ron's mental/emotional stability?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  8. #8

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    haha I love Artest, this is a classic Moment.However, I love Dennis Rodman also, but I don't Ronnie to become him, at least we can be thankful he showed up in shorts and not a wedding dress.

  9. #9
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like a good question for .

    Or maybe Bruno.

    David Stern (as well as Pacers brass) have GOT to be shaking their heads over this one.

    Yeah, definitely since Ron has to be reinstated.

    Which, I'm sorry, if this is as bad as it could be. He shouldn't be reinstated. However we'll never know the real story, so who knows if this is exaggerated or not.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  10. #10
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by abington
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im thinking he has played his last game in a Pacer uniform.
    ding, ding, ding, ding, ding
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  11. #11
    Member PHC Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    471

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    "Yeah, we were underdogs last year also," Rasheed Wallace said. "A lot of people predicted them (the Heat) to win it all for the simple fact that they did get big fella (Shaquille O'Neal).
    If the Detroit News cannot get their facts straight on this little ditty (predicting the Heat to win it all), then how can we expect them to get the Ron Artest story right?
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson


  12. #12
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Ehmm... this is the Detroit media here, with all due respect, but that atleast makes their view a little "tainted" IMO.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  13. #13
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by PHC Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Detroit News cannot get their facts straight on this little ditty (predicting the Heat to win it all), then how can we expect them to get the Ron Artest story right?
    Where is the mess-up? Rasheed is saying that many predicted the Heat this year to win it all, which is true.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  14. #14

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, definitely since Ron has to be reinstated.

    Which, I'm sorry, if this is as bad as it could be. He shouldn't be reinstated. However we'll never know the real story, so who knows if this is exaggerated or not.

    Shouldn't be reinstated?? Over this??? I don't get the big deal. Yeah, ok it is really strange, but thats all. I don't think we should really get rid of him for this, it's not a last straw at all.

    Ron gave a championship ring and his last chance to play with a legend this season, he's paid his dues.

  15. #15
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ehmm... this is the Detroit media here, with all due respect, but that atleast makes their view a little "tainted" IMO.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    Yeah, but you gotta ask yourself if these reporters would risk their journalistic integrity for Ron Artest. I mean afterall this does make Artest sound crazy.

    Perhaps they would though, Monteith did for "migrane-gate"
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  16. #16
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't be reinstated?? Over this??? I don't get the big deal. Yeah, ok it is really strange, but thats all. I don't think we should really get rid of him for this, it's not a last straw at all.

    Ron gave a championship ring and his last chance to play with a legend this season, he's paid his dues.
    Well, first of all what is the final straw? Or is there one? Two, there was no garuntee that the Pacers would win the ring if Ron had played. Considering the Pacers took the Pistons to 6 this year without him, which was the same last year with him. Next, if we wanna assume the Pacers were going to win, then Ron did not give up anything but rather took it away.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  17. #17
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Maybe, but also take into account their "target group" or in other words their audience, which is clearly Detroit and seeying no other major news media doing something with it makes it rather ... suspicious.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  18. #18
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    I still don't care, and I expect to see him back with the team next season playing his heart out.

    If Grant Hill, or even Tracy McGrady did this, NOBODY would care. And i surely don't care, the only thing that pops into my head when reading this is, I'm glad Ronnie's there working out.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, first of all what is the final straw? Or is there one? Two, there was no garuntee that the Pacers would win the ring if Ron had played. Considering the Pacers took the Pistons to 6 this year without him, which was the same last year with him. Next, if we wanna assume the Pacers were going to win, then Ron did not give up anything but rather took it away.

    The final straw would have been if Ronnie would have run into the Detroit bus/plane w/e and taken Ben Wallace by the fro and said 'We finish this tonight!' then if he proceeded to slam BWall into the floor and beat the crap out of him, amd then say 'This one is for Reggie and for your smartass brother!'

    That might possibly be a last straw.

  20. #20
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,061

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    much as I dont like McCoskey, blatently accusing him of making up a story is a bit unfair.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. #21
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The final straw would have been if Ronnie would have run into the Detroit bus/plane w/e and taken Ben Wallace by the fro and said 'We finish this tonight!' then if he proceeded to slam BWall into the floor and beat the crap out of him, amd then say 'This one is for Reggie and for your smartass brother!'

    That might possibly be a last straw.
    Oh Come on! It's just Ben!!! I would call the above some sort of "shock therapy", so we might actually benefit from it

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  22. #22
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe, but also take into account their "target group" or in other words their audience, which is clearly Detroit and seeying no other major news media doing something with it makes it rather ... suspicious.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    True, but there is no way these reporters can think that this won't make its way to Indiana. Considering it is about our most controversial player at our arena.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  23. #23
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,075

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but you gotta ask yourself if these reporters would risk their journalistic integrity for Ron Artest. I mean afterall this does make Artest sound crazy.
    Are you saying that you've never seen an article that wasn't true? I would say this kind of story would have less merit in the public eye, and would need less source checking than lets say someones Nation Guard duty records, and we all see how Dan Rather ended up......

    If the Detroit media is in the parking lot, then you bet some national media is out there too. Seeing how whoever wrote this article only gives second hand information you've got to take into account of who his sources are. The Pistons can say all they want about how they're friends with the Pacers players, but Ron isn't on Ben's list. I believe Ben just as far as I could throw him.

  24. #24
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    much as I dont like McCoskey, blatently accusing him of making up a story is a bit unfair.
    I'm not doing that, I'm saying that I don't trust the source of this story until I see some other media, outside of the states of Michigan OR Indiana, reporting it .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  25. #25
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

    But Artest made no motion toward the bus. He simply walked, bare-chested and bare-footed, into the building, presumably for a midnight workout.
    I don't infer "confronted the Piston's bus" from that statement. "Confronted" makes it sound like to stood in front of it doing his best Arnold pose-down.

    Ron was p!ssed the season was over and decided to take it out on the gym.

    That said, Ron's under a microscope. No matter what he did or didn't do, this doesn't help. Not at all.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •