Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

Default Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

This story died pretty quickly, but it finally hit the Detroit News. If anyone has a better title for this thread, please let me know, because I can't come up with a good one. Seems like Ben is a little scared.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/...C12-189302.htm

Weird scene

The Pistons were still shaking their heads at what happened Thursday night as they were on their bus inside the loading-dock area of Conseco Fieldhouse.

It was between 11:30 and midnight and the Pistons' bus was about to leave the arena for the airport.

Suddenly, a dark Escalade roared into the loading dock, nearly hitting several people.

Out jumped Ron Artest, the Pacers forward who got a seasonlong suspension for his part in the Nov. 19 brawl.

According to Pistons players on the bus, Artest was wearing an old (and short) pair of shorts. He had no shoes on and, upon getting out of the vehicle, he tore off his T-shirt.

Given the history between Artest and the Pistons, the team's security officials were on high alert. But Artest made no motion toward the bus. He simply walked, bare-chested and bare-footed, into the building, presumably for a midnight workout.

"There's something going on there," Ben Wallace said, not wanting to comment further.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Ben is scared

Well without a doubt you need to say Ben is scared for Artest, not of Artest.

This is unreal.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Default Re: Artest confronts Pistons bus - Detroit News confirms

I'll wait until all the facts come in and they will since he almost hit several people when driving in supposedly.

Sounds like a good question for .

Or maybe Bruno.

David Stern (as well as Pacers brass) have GOT to be shaking their heads over this one.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Who are those several people. The area is not open to the public. The Pacers players and employees likely are the only ones who park in there. I have no idea how large of an area that is.

I posted this in the other thread on this topic. Ron was on his way to Conseco to work out, happened to see the Pistons bus and thought he would be funny. With Ron's past he should have left it all alone, but I don't think it is that big a deal. Of course he shouldn't "almost run" over anyone

Does anyone think he was sitting their waiting for the bus. The article says he was speeding into the area where the bus just happened to be

im thinking he has played his last game in a Pacer uniform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

It's not a big deal for all but about 5 NBA players. For Ron Artest, anything he does that shows up on the radar screen is a big deal.

If it happened, does this provide evidence of Ron's mental/emotional stability?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

haha I love Artest, this is a classic Moment.However, I love Dennis Rodman also, but I don't Ronnie to become him, at least we can be thankful he showed up in shorts and not a wedding dress.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like a good question for .

Or maybe Bruno.

David Stern (as well as Pacers brass) have GOT to be shaking their heads over this one.

Yeah, definitely since Ron has to be reinstated.

Which, I'm sorry, if this is as bad as it could be. He shouldn't be reinstated. However we'll never know the real story, so who knows if this is exaggerated or not.

House Sigil:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by abington
    im thinking he has played his last game in a Pacer uniform.
    ding, ding, ding, ding, ding

House Sigil:

"Yeah, we were underdogs last year also," Rasheed Wallace said. "A lot of people predicted them (the Heat) to win it all for the simple fact that they did get big fella (Shaquille O'Neal).
    If the Detroit News cannot get their facts straight on this little ditty (predicting the Heat to win it all), then how can we expect them to get the Ron Artest story right?
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Ehmm... this is the Detroit media here, with all due respect, but that atleast makes their view a little "tainted" IMO.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PHC Fan
    If the Detroit News cannot get their facts straight on this little ditty (predicting the Heat to win it all), then how can we expect them to get the Ron Artest story right?
    Where is the mess-up? Rasheed is saying that many predicted the Heat this year to win it all, which is true.

House Sigil:

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    Yeah, definitely since Ron has to be reinstated.

Which, I'm sorry, if this is as bad as it could be. He shouldn't be reinstated. However we'll never know the real story, so who knows if this is exaggerated or not.

Shouldn't be reinstated?? Over this??? I don't get the big deal. Yeah, ok it is really strange, but thats all. I don't think we should really get rid of him for this, it's not a last straw at all.

Ron gave a championship ring and his last chance to play with a legend this season, he's paid his dues.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Ehmm... this is the Detroit media here, with all due respect, but that atleast makes their view a little "tainted" IMO.

Regards,

Mourning
    Yeah, but you gotta ask yourself if these reporters would risk their journalistic integrity for Ron Artest. I mean afterall this does make Artest sound crazy.

Perhaps they would though, Monteith did for "migrane-gate"

House Sigil:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    Shouldn't be reinstated?? Over this??? I don't get the big deal. Yeah, ok it is really strange, but thats all. I don't think we should really get rid of him for this, it's not a last straw at all.

Ron gave a championship ring and his last chance to play with a legend this season, he's paid his dues.
    Well, first of all what is the final straw? Or is there one? Two, there was no garuntee that the Pacers would win the ring if Ron had played. Considering the Pacers took the Pistons to 6 this year without him, which was the same last year with him. Next, if we wanna assume the Pacers were going to win, then Ron did not give up anything but rather took it away.

House Sigil:

Maybe, but also take into account their "target group" or in other words their audience, which is clearly Detroit and seeying no other major news media doing something with it makes it rather ... suspicious.

Regards,

Mourning

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still don't care, and I expect to see him back with the team next season playing his heart out.

If Grant Hill, or even Tracy McGrady did this, NOBODY would care. And i surely don't care, the only thing that pops into my head when reading this is, I'm glad Ronnie's there working out.

Well, first of all what is the final straw? Or is there one? Two, there was no garuntee that the Pacers would win the ring if Ron had played. Considering the Pacers took the Pistons to 6 this year without him, which was the same last year with him. Next, if we wanna assume the Pacers were going to win, then Ron did not give up anything but rather took it away.

The final straw would have been if Ronnie would have run into the Detroit bus/plane w/e and taken Ben Wallace by the fro and said 'We finish this tonight!' then if he proceeded to slam BWall into the floor and beat the crap out of him, amd then say 'This one is for Reggie and for your smartass brother!'

That might possibly be a last straw.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

much as I dont like McCoskey, blatently accusing him of making up a story is a bit unfair.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    The final straw would have been if Ronnie would have run into the Detroit bus/plane w/e and taken Ben Wallace by the fro and said 'We finish this tonight!' then if he proceeded to slam BWall into the floor and beat the crap out of him, amd then say 'This one is for Reggie and for your smartass brother!'

That might possibly be a last straw.
    Oh Come on! It's just Ben!!! I would call the above some sort of "shock therapy", so we might actually benefit from it

Regards,

Mourning

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Maybe, but also take into account their "target group" or in other words their audience, which is clearly Detroit and seeying no other major news media doing something with it makes it rather ... suspicious.

Regards,

Mourning
    True, but there is no way these reporters can think that this won't make its way to Indiana. Considering it is about our most controversial player at our arena.

House Sigil:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, but you gotta ask yourself if these reporters would risk their journalistic integrity for Ron Artest. I mean afterall this does make Artest sound crazy.
    Are you saying that you've never seen an article that wasn't true? I would say this kind of story would have less merit in the public eye, and would need less source checking than lets say someones Nation Guard duty records, and we all see how Dan Rather ended up......

If the Detroit media is in the parking lot, then you bet some national media is out there too. Seeing how whoever wrote this article only gives second hand information you've got to take into account of who his sources are. The Pistons can say all they want about how they're friends with the Pacers players, but Ron isn't on Ben's list. I believe Ben just as far as I could throw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    much as I dont like McCoskey, blatently accusing him of making up a story is a bit unfair.
    I'm not doing that, I'm saying that I don't trust the source of this story until I see some other media, outside of the states of Michigan OR Indiana, reporting it .

Regards,

Mourning

But Artest made no motion toward the bus. He simply walked, bare-chested and bare-footed, into the building, presumably for a midnight workout.
    I don't infer "confronted the Piston's bus" from that statement. "Confronted" makes it sound like to stood in front of it doing his best Arnold pose-down.

Ron was p!ssed the season was over and decided to take it out on the gym.

That said, Ron's under a microscope. No matter what he did or didn't do, this doesn't help. Not at all.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett