Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-NBA Teams Announced - George didn't make it

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: All-NBA Teams Announced - George didn't make it

One issue is, what star can you realistically get to pair with PG? This really hurts our chances with Hayward (at least on the PG side of things). Otherwise, there's Jimmy Butler? Who seems like a longshot or Melo (which could be a trainwreck).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    60 cents>0 cents

Yeah, we won't be as good without PG (I'm of the opinion we wouldn't be near as bad as some think), but if you can get a couple of young players you can jumpstart the rebuild and you won't be as bad for as long. But getting nothing for PG is something this franchise just cannot afford to do.
    IMO if you feel you can build a team to beat the Cavs next year then fine, take the risk. If you don't see that heappening... trying to make the playoffs is stupid if you know you're just going to lose your star player anyway. May as well start your rebuild with your own lottery pick and someone else's lottery pick, instead of neither one.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This just feels like Melo all over again.
    IIRC, Melo didn't mess around and point blank told management that he wanted to go to NYC. Paul George is just letting **** happen without a care in world, and FO is playing a guessing game with him.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    My bad. I thought he played 40+ games...i still think he should be ROY though .
    Yeah, especially considering how bad the rookie class was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This just feels like Melo all over again.

Kind of glad we have KP instead of Larry, Larry would have dragged this whole thing until the last second of the trade deadline and do nothing, I am confidence KP is not that kind of guy.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    IIRC, Melo didn't mess around and point blank told management that he wanted to go to NYC. Paul George is just letting **** happen without a care in world, and FO is playing a guessing game with him.
    FA doesn't even open until July 1st.

KAT not making an all NBA is even more wrong than PG

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

PG "loves Indy" yet is killing this franchise & fanbase by making it clear he will only go to LA. If he was open, which he should be, we'd be getting some serious offers. Even if he is 100% dead set going to LA next summer how about hooking all of us up, taking a trade to another team (in the east) & letting us get a return on your ***. Then screw that franchise & walk next summer.

There's gotta be 1 team out there that's willing to take the gamble. If we were contending & you told me we could add a player like PG for 1-year with the chance to resign him I would take it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    PG "loves Indy" yet is killing this franchise & fanbase by making it clear he will only go to LA. If he was open, which he should be, we'd be getting some serious offers. Even if he is 100% dead set going to LA next summer how about hooking all of us up, taking a trade to another team (in the east) & letting us get a return on your ***. Then screw that franchise & walk next summer.

There's gotta be 1 team out there that's willing to take the gamble. If we were contending & you told me we could add a player like PG for 1-year with the chance to resign him I would take it.
    I'm sure there are any number of contenders that will offer their #1 for one season of Paul George. But those teams aren't picking in the top ten except maybe Boston, and they aren't dealing.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Literally sick to my stomach.

This is going to end up being the most devastating off-season since Reggie retired. It won't be worse than that, because nothing ever will. But it will be close.

Sports Logo

Paul George has basically "leaked" it's either Boston or LA....I'm 100% confident no other team has chance to get him, unless they REALLY think they can convince him to stay.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Mood

Extreme fringe option, for anyone who'd like to indulge a blue & gold devil's advocate: PG has decided to stay here and build, but wanted to wait for this announcement to re-sign in case he qualified for DPE. Now that he knows he's out, he can go ahead and sign the standard max rather than negotiate for DPE money.

It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

PG "loves Indy" yet is killing this franchise & fanbase by making it clear he will only go to LA. .
    Clear to who? Who has he made it clear to?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    Yes it is. See the Woj report. PG telling LA not to gut the team - just wait for him. LA isn't going to offer any of their 4 lotto picks.
    You get this from "If Paul George is going to go there he wants them to have assets"? That this is reporting an actual statement from PG to LA rather than a logical conclusion on the part of anyone watching the situation?
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    Extreme fringe option, for anyone who'd like to indulge a blue & gold devil's advocate: PG has decided to stay here and build, but wanted to wait for this announcement to re-sign in case he qualified for DPE. Now that he knows he's out, he can go ahead and sign the standard max rather than negotiate for DPE money.

OK, I'll play along. If he is inclined to do that, I see him signing a two year extension

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    It's all secretly clear obscure hints.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Well his agent has leaked it & Paul hasn't turned it down. Seems to me the only teams he talks about or is interested in is indy/la.

Boston thinks they are signing Hayward so they aren't dealing for PG. Pritchard just has to find the best offer.....but damn were there some good ones at the deadline. Dumb dumb dumb. Thanks Larry

Mood

OK, I'll play along. If he is inclined to do that, I see him signing a two year extension
    I actually think that's a pretty legit option.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    You get this from "If Paul George is going to go there he wants them to have assets"? That this is reporting an actual statement from PG to LA rather than a logical conclusion on the part of anyone watching the situation?
    No - I get that from the people I know who have talked to people involved with this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    No - I get that from the people I know who have talked to people involved with this.
    Bro, gotta ignore any of BillS' posts. Don't even reply.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Or Paul could sign an extension under the new CBA. If he cares about winning, and not money? Pritchard gets him a star or multiple stars, Paul could just sign a regular extension right? It's not against NBA rules if he just signs on to make $30 mil or more a year right? That might be best for the teams pocketbook than this $200 mil mega contract.

As for the All NBA votes.... considering it was in the hands of NBA media people and Hayward and Paul didn't make it. The most likely reasoning is the NBA media wants Hayward to go to Boston and Paul to go to the Lakers or the Clippers. They know bypassing both as All NBA makes it very complicated for their respective teams (Utah, Indiana) to keep them. Thus the NBA media is trying to force Paul to Los Angeles and Gordon to Boston. Because that's what they want.

Er go, the NBA becomes more of a fixed league.
    Why would writers from ALL the NBA cities decide those two teams should get better while their home teams languish? That makes no sense. There were 100 sportswriters involved. How many of them are vested in Boston or LA?
    Last edited by Tom White; 05-18-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Well his agent has leaked it & Paul hasn't turned it down. Seems to me the only teams he talks about or is interested in is indy/la.

Boston thinks they are signing Hayward so they aren't dealing for PG. Pritchard just has to find the best offer.....but damn were there some good ones at the deadline. Dumb dumb dumb. Thanks Larry
    I thought the only leak was from "his teammates" saying that PG told them in the locker room that he wants to play for the Lakers. I don't even know who PG's agent is? Who is it?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Itís mildly absurd to me that journalists are in a position to have such a monumental impact on the future of a franchise, but thatís how it was determined through collective bargaining. And honestly, NBA writers and other journalists are probably best equipped to vote on these awards. Itís just that writers shouldnít be such a major part of any story, especially one as monumental as this one. I mean, weíre talking about the future of a franchise and the fate of its best player, much of it determined by NBA writers. Crazy.

That is my main beef!!
    Sittin on top of the world!

I thought the only leak was from "his teammates" saying that PG told them in the locker room that he wants to play for the Lakers. I don't even know who PG's agent is? Who is it?
    No clue who it is. I just remember Windhorst at the deadline saying, several times, "PG's agent has let teams know that Paul is only interested in signing long term with Indy or Lakers. Though, this has not stopped teams from trying." (Denver, Atlanta, Boston, Phoenix, Philly, New Orleans)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Why would writes from ALL the NBA cities decide those two teams should get better while their home teams languish? That makes no sense. There were 100 sportswriters involved. How many of them are vested in Boston or LA?

Considering most of them work for FS1, ESPN or an ESPN affiliate? It's not even a slight-stretch to believe they want to drive Hayward to Boston and Paul to either the Lakers or Clippers. The league can't do it themselves. But this extension it is well known, makes it easier for Utah and Indy to retain their star talent. When you make it that obvious? The importance of the vote. You're underestimating the NBA system if you don't believe a significant chunk of these writers left Paul and Gordon off the list to further increase the chance of one ending up in Boston and the other in L.A. One not making either of the 3 teams is one thing but both? Coinciding with their impending free agency next Summer? Coincidentally? Come on man the writing is on the wall.