Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: All-NBA Teams Announced - George didn't make it

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: All-NBA Teams Announced - George didn't make it

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it is. See the Woj report. PG telling LA not to gut the team - just wait for him. LA isn't going to offer any of their 4 lotto picks.
    The Lakers are leaking this **** out, come on people. That's their preferred scenario, and the one they are blitzing people with. There's probably a lot of truth in it, but it's not fait accompli.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

KRAVITZ: Paul George’s Indiana future in peril after he fails to make an All-NBA team

http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-...n-all-nba-team
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    The Lakers are leaking this **** out, come on people. That's their preferred scenario, and the one they are blitzing people with. There's probably a lot of truth in it, but it's not fait accompli.
    A team leaking that wouldn't impact other teams. When Woj is saying this it must be coming from PG's agent or someone that close.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Do the Lakers have cap room to sign him outright next summer without having to dump money?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    They'll probably start dumping contracts this summer and throughout the season.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    A team leaking that wouldn't impact other teams. When Woj is saying this it must be coming from PG's agent or someone that close.
    Agree to disagree then. Brings up a good point PR07 made in this thread or the other one--Pacers need to do their best to tune out the Lakers' games.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    has clearly been sitting on this one for a while.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I know I am in the minority....but I am all for trading PG13 to the team with the best offer.
    Come join us...our numbers grow with each passing day .

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    has clearly been sitting on this one for a while.
    Yeah I think everybody knew the results for a long time, I mean all you have to do is call the voters and that's it.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Best player on best team
    Curry was still their most important player. Played in almost all of the games compared to Durant's 62. Durant didn't move the needle because they already had established excellence.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I think the Pacers should simply focus on getting PG another star or building the best team around him possible.

We still have next year for PG to make an All-NBA team, and if we can get a better team, one that finishes in the Top 4 in East (which shouldn't be that hard with just the Cavs, Celts, and maybe the Wizards as cream of crop), I think he'd make it pretty easily.

You look at the NBA writers who voted for All-NBA teams, and it's clear they rewarded guys like DeRozan, Green, who were inferior to George for simply being on better teams. Pacers can't finish 6-8 in the East next season, but if Pritchard can get this team in at least the #3-4 seed in the East and PG has a similar season (if not better), and I think he'd safely make an All NBA Team.

Yes, it's a gamble, but if teams are only going to give us 60 cents on the dollar knowing that he's just going to bolt to LA, who cares? Without PG, we're going to suck anyways, so we'll be able to collect our fair share of lottery picks regardless.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Agreed. The Lakers will play ball to get PG as soon as possible. This is a leverage ploy but the truth is somewhere in the middle. George's value at the moment is maybe 30 cents on the dollar, but to LA I think you can still get 50-60.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

'A league source told IndyStar that George is expected to consider his options over the weekend before have conversations with the Pacers.'

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...ion/329873001/
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willbo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Curry was still their most important player. Played in almost all of the games compared to Durant's 62. Durant didn't move the needle because they already had established excellence.
    That was kinda my point about KD...I really wasn't expecting him to make it to due the number of games he missed. If that's the case, the Embiid should be ROY.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Yes, it's a gamble, but if teams are only going to give us 60 cents on the dollar knowing that he's just going to bolt to LA, who cares? Without PG, we're going to suck anyways, so we'll be able to collect our fair share of lottery picks regardless.
    60 cents>0 cents

Yeah, we won't be as good without PG (I'm of the opinion we wouldn't be near as bad as some think), but if you can get a couple of young players you can jumpstart the rebuild and you won't be as bad for as long. But getting nothing for PG is something this franchise just cannot afford to do.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I'm fine with trading him at this point. It's not like the Thunder with Durant. They knew they were making WCF's as long as him and Wesbrook were both healthy, so they had to take the risk that he might leave for nothing. Even with PG playing good the last two years, the team has been a 7 seed twice in a putrid conference. Not his fault, but we're not going to be able to put a good enough team together fast enough to placate him, IMO.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 05-18-2017 at 03:25 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    That was kinda my point about KD...I really wasn't expecting him to make it to due the number of games he missed. If that's the case, the Embiid should be ROY.
    KD played 62 games and he was pretty awesome in those 62 games. Embiid only played like 31 games. Big difference imo.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I think the Pacers should simply focus on getting PG another star or building the best team around him possible.

We still have next year for PG to make an All-NBA team, and if we can get a better team, one that finishes in the Top 4 in East (which shouldn't be that hard with just the Cavs, Celts, and maybe the Wizards as cream of crop), I think he'd make it pretty easily.

You look at the NBA writers who voted for All-NBA teams, and it's clear they rewarded guys like DeRozan, Green, who were inferior to George for simply being on better teams. Pacers can't finish 6-8 in the East next season, but if Pritchard can get this team in at least the #3-4 seed in the East and PG has a similar season (if not better), and I think he'd safely make an All NBA Team.

Or Paul could sign an extension under the new CBA. If he cares about winning, and not money? Pritchard gets him a star or multiple stars, Paul could just sign a regular extension right? It's not against NBA rules if he just signs on to make $30 mil or more a year right? That might be best for the teams pocketbook than this $200 mil mega contract.

As for the All NBA votes.... considering it was in the hands of NBA media people and Hayward and Paul didn't make it. The most likely reasoning is the NBA media wants Hayward to go to Boston and Paul to go to the Lakers or the Clippers. They know bypassing both as All NBA makes it very complicated for their respective teams (Utah, Indiana) to keep them. Thus the NBA media is trying to force Paul to Los Angeles and Gordon to Boston. Because that's what they want.

Er go, the NBA becomes more of a fixed league.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
    'A league source told IndyStar that George is expected to consider his options over the weekend before have conversations with the Pacers.'

Here we go
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Sports Logo

KD played 62 games and he was pretty awesome in those 62 games. Embiid only played like 31 games. Big difference imo.
    My bad. I thought he played 40+ games...i still think he should be ROY though .

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post

I think that decision has been made for a long time.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Paul George is way better than DeRozen, Draymond, Butler, and Giannis. Draymond is the 4th best player on his own team, and he makes all NBA. What a disgrace this list
    Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

60 cents>0 cents

Yeah, we won't be as good without PG (I'm of the opinion we wouldn't be near as bad as some think), but if you can get a couple of young players you can jumpstart the rebuild and you won't be as bad for as long. But getting nothing for PG is something this franchise just cannot afford to do.
    Not saying you're wrong, it's just personal preference, but I'd rather just bottom out for a while.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Whether he made it or not, PG is better than all of the 5 players who made the third team.
    Sounds like you are really liking those blue & gold glasses you're wearing?

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

This just feels like Melo all over again.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm fine with trading him at this point. It's not like the Thunder with Durant. They knew they were making WCF's as long as him and Wesbrook were both healthy, so they had to take the risk that he might leave for nothing. Even with PG playing good the last two years, the team has been a 7 seed twice in a putrid conference. Not his fault, but we're not going to be able to put a good enough team together fast enough to placate him, IMO.
    Plus when KD left, they still had Westbrook. Indiana has no one after Paul George unless Turner begins his MIP tour this offseason.