Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Woj: Lottery impact on LA and PG

Default Woj: Lottery impact on LA and PG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Cleva For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Woj: Lottery impact on LA and PG

Woj doesn't say much in the video but its significant.

Indy needs to get as much value as possible for George now - and it doesn't look like they can get 1 or 2 either.

This sucks.

I wonder what PG thinks of Lavar Ball. That could possibly be a factor.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

It's going to be years of pain after we lose PG for nothing (or next to nothing), and watch Fultz, who should have been a Pacer, turn into superstar.

OK, taking what Woj is saying at face value, then the Pacers have no choice, but to keep him and try to build the best team around him in hopes they can re-sign him. Because if he is going to the Lakers anyway, his trade value is diminished, so don't trade him.

I know that is against the grain, but that is what I would do

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's going to be years of pain after we lose PG for nothing (or next to nothing), and watch Fultz, who should have been a Pacer, turn into superstar.
    Why should he be in a pacers uniform? How

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    OK, taking what Woj is saying at face value, then the Pacers have no choice, but to keep him and try to build the best team around him in hopes they can re-sign him. Because if he is going to the Lakers anyway, his trade value is diminished, so don't trade him.

Question is not the Lakers belief but the source of that belief. IF its PG agent then it doesn't matter if you build a team around him or not. That team barring a plane crash of Cleveland players will not change the outcome of the ECF.

Sports Logo

Not saying it was an easy decision to make, but not trading PG at the last deadline might come back to really bite us.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:

Larry was asking for BKN's 2017 and 3 of the 4 of Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley.

I can't even believe he had the balls to ask for that. Ridiculous. Back at the deadline all I was asking for was mini-PG in Jaylen Brown and the pick. Simple 2 for 1. Now the world knows who Jaylen Brown is and the pick turned out to be #1 overall.

A lot of people say had we gotten the pick it wouldn't have been #1 but I watched the lottery drawing and BOS' 4-# code came up the 1st 3 drawings.

We are FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

Go Colts

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

It's not going against the grain, that is indeed the rational decision if PG has no trade value.

Btw, its always good to remember, someone fed Woj this information. You can always tell who the source of the leak must be from who benefits most from it. Working from there, decide how much you can trust this information.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    It's not going against the grain, that is indeed the rational decision if PG has no trade value.
    Question is what FA wants to come here to be added to a one year PG team? That type of uncertainty will hinder the process vs making it easier.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why should he be in a pacers uniform? How
    Because the PDers Who Know All know there's an offer on the table for PG from Boston for the #1 pick.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Question is what FA wants to come here to be added to a one year PG team? That type of uncertainty will hinder the process vs making it easier.
    It certainly makes life tougher for the FO. But that's independent from the trade PG decision. If his trade value is on par with, say, what Cousins got when Sacto traded him? Then you're not actually giving up a lot by not trading him. It saves you, what, one year of rebuilding? We'll have lottery picks aplenty if and when PG walks.

If Indy can't get a top pick for George - and if league is convinced he's going to LA - may be better to work out a lesser trade for him now.

George for 28th pick, Clarkson and someone like Black. Get an early pick and young player for the rebuild.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Cleva For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    If Indy can't get a top pick for George - and if league is convinced he's going to LA - may be better to work out a lesser trade for him now.

George for 28th pick, Clarkson and someone like Black. Get an early pick and young player for the rebuild.
    I don't hate this. But I would rather get Randle or Nance Jr. for sure that way we have a starting PF for the future. LA would do that especially Randle because they're going to have to pay him after next season.. And then maybe add someone else as well like Clarkson, so then our backup pg is set for the next few years....better than the 1-year veteran route we continue to go that does not work.. We can get someone decent at 28. Still, Larry f'd up not trading him at the deadline. Atlanta was offering 4 picks and players. Denver, "monster deal." This is f'n BS

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I don't hate this. But I would rather get Randle or Nance Jr. for sure that way we have a starting PF for the future. LA would do that especially Randle because they're going to have to pay him after next season.. And then maybe add someone else as well like Clarkson, so then our backup pg is set for the next few years....better than the 1-year veteran route we continue to go that does not work.. We can get someone decent at 28. Still, Larry f'd up not trading him at the deadline. Atlanta was offering 4 picks and players. Denver, "monster deal." This is f'n BS
    I would prefer Randle or Nance Jr too. But Randle has the same agent as George (and Russell). He's going to want his guys together in LA. Maybe can get Nance out of it. That would be better.

The longer Indy waits, the lower the trade value for George is with this LA ultimatum.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    It certainly makes life tougher for the FO. But that's independent from the trade PG decision. If his trade value is on par with, say, what Cousins got when Sacto traded him? Then you're not actually giving up a lot by not trading him. It saves you, what, one year of rebuilding? We'll have lottery picks aplenty if and when PG walks.
    As for the financial rebuilding the Pacers could be easily stuck with contracts that will make it a lot more difficult to rebuild if they decide to go all in on PG's potential last year.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

I think if the Pacers can't get anything good then trade him to the Kings or Nets. Just because
    Last edited by BornIndy07; 05-18-2017 at 02:06 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post

I would go for 2020 Laker pick. IF they completely fall apart at least it could be valuable. Similar to the Nets ordeal.

Keep him for next season, let him walk next summer, free up the cap space and then go into the tank for the upcoming future.

Way to go Bird! This easily tops the Thad Young trade on my list of dumbest things Bird did....or did not do.

I got to confess, I'm not sure, unless he just really, really likes LA or is a an anti-Celtics fan why you, if given the chance, would leave a first seed in the East Celtics team with Isaiah Thomas that is facing Lebron in the EC Finals for the long rebuilding process that is the Lakers. Unless the Cavs beat the Celtics so bad he surmises they aren't actually any better than the Pacers, which honestly seems possible.

I still think if you trade him to Boston he would resign. He wants to win. He said he'd resign in Indiana so why wouldn't he resign in Boston? LA is just saying this to scare other teams.

Philly is making the #3 pick available. They showed interest in February. Trade him there for the #3 straight up and replace him with Josh Jackson. Or take Fox and let Teague walk.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why would he leave the Celtics? He's not on the Celtics.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

PG wants the LA spotlight. I know it