Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Woj: Lottery impact on LA and PG

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Woj: Lottery impact on LA and PG

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the team were in a position to sign Hayward, I'm more than sure Simon would pay the tax. He's done it before.

Unfortunately Hayward signing with the pacers is far from a likely event.
    I think Hayward is earmarked for Boston. Maybe Utah can convince him to stay but he's already left them once. They can't stop him from leaving a second time.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Some Guy

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    If PG says he will stay if we show we're serious about wanting to win, I believe Pritchard will do everything he can to make that happen. A lot is just going to depend on whether PG is a man of his word.
    I don't know about you, but I don't bet on a man who very publicly cheated on his girlfriend and knocked up a stripper to be a man of his word. I don't expect much but looking out for number 1 from a man like that. Maybe that's just me though...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    Yes. And that makes a lot more sense.
    That suggests to me then that Bird was seen as the problem, and he was asked to step down in order to let Pritch make another attempt at convincing PG.

I don't get how Hawyard with Boston is better than Hayward with PG.

Boston couldn't even hang if the Pacers had Hayward
    Last edited by BornIndy07; 05-18-2017 at 04:54 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:

If the team were in a position to sign Hayward, I'm more than sure Simon would pay the tax. He's done it before.

WHY! What evidence do you have? We can dump salary on draft night. We can free up the space to do so, we can trade that pick and Monta or Al Jeff. It can be done.

Hayward is an Indiana kid. Everyone just assumes he will go to Boston cause of Stevens. We can assume the same thing because we our his home town team. I think it puts us on even playing field with Boston. Utah still might win out just because I know his wife loves it there, but you what (instagram) even his wife still comes home to get her hair done in Indiana. Thats pretty strong ties for anyone regardless how rich you are. If you will only get your hair cut and styled every couple of months in Indiana and no where else.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Btw the rumored Atlanta deal (4 1st rounders) according to Windhorst was apparently their pick this year (#19), a future ATL pick, a future Minny pick (heavily protected), and a future Cavs pick. The last 2 might as well be 2nd rounders.

Yeah, I think I'd take my chances with PG.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I think Hayward is earmarked for Boston. Maybe Utah can convince him to stay but he's already left them once. They can't stop him from leaving a second time.
    Thats right! Utah didn't make him a max offer! He chose a max deal with Charlotte! You think a player forgets about that?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

This is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    This is even worse.

I think Sam Ammick is one of the idiots that voted Green over George.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To me, if you want to keep Paul George, the answer is simple: Build a better team.

1) Shows him you're serious about winning
    2) Puts him on a better team to be in better position to earn All-NBA team honors to qualify for the 'Super Max'.

Between the combination of the two, I think there's enough to thwart off a Lakers attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Just look those deals up. They aren't made up. Im not gonna make **** up & post it on here.
    I did try to find any LEGIT reporting on either of those deals. There isn't any.

Sports Logo

Just a point of clarification.

We'd go into the LT if we wanted to re-sign Teague or CJ...who are Pacer UFAs.

For Hayward....the Pacers won't be paying any tax. We wouldn't be going over the LT or Salary Cap to make an offer for him....because we can't. Hayward is a non Pacers UFA.....that means that the Pacers can only offer him a contract up to the Salary Cap.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-18-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Thats right! Utah didn't make him a max offer! He chose a max deal with Charlotte! You think a player forgets about that?
    Makes you wonder how all of that would've transpired. Hayward signs in Charlotte and Lance probably stays in Indy, even after we signed Stuckey.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    To me, if you want to keep Paul George, the answer is simple: Build a better team.

1) Shows him you're serious about winning
    2) Puts him on a better team to be in better position to earn All-NBA team honors to qualify for the 'Super Max'.

Between the combination of the two, I think there's enough to thwart off a Lakers attempt.
    My personal opinion is that Paul has more or less already made up his mind. More important, we just don't have the means to put a winning team around PG unless we want to gut our future. Trading Myles, offering future firsts/pick swaps, and even then I'm skeptical. I love PG, I'd like for him to stay, but I just can't see a path to making that happen.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    WHY! What evidence do you have? We can dump salary on draft night. We can free up the space to do so, we can trade that pick and Monta or Al Jeff. It can be done.

Hayward is an Indiana kid. Everyone just assumes he will go to Boston cause of Stevens. We can assume the same thing because we our his home town team. I think it puts us on even playing field with Boston. Utah still might win out just because I know his wife loves it there, but you what (instagram) even his wife still comes home to get her hair done in Indiana. Thats pretty strong ties for anyone regardless how rich you are. If you will only get your hair cut and styled every couple of months in Indiana and no where else.
    I don't have anymore evidence that the "evidence" that a lot of people have been pushing with the idea of him coming to Indy. Its all a matter of opinion on both sides of the coin.

I haven't seen anything about him potentially signing in Indy outside of Pacer fans though.

Also there are a lot of "ifs" in order for the Pacers to make room to even make a run at Hayward. Utah and Boston can just sign him outright

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    My personal opinion is that Paul has more or less already made up his mind. More important, we just don't have the means to put a winning team around PG unless we want to gut our future. Trading Myles, offering future firsts/pick swaps, and even then I'm skeptical. I love PG, I'd like for him to stay, but I just can't see a path to making that happen.
    That's what I am thinking.

We either go COMPLETELY ALL IN.....re-sign Teague and CJ, trade AlJeff and Monta for long term contracts that may make a better fit for the Team, trade our 1st for some veteran Help while making trades to use up every cent that we can spend without going over the LT.....and than pray that we make it to the ECF.

or

We trade PG13 for the best offer that we can get and then go from there.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-18-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Just out of curiosity, all hypothetical - but let's say the Pacers got the 8 seed instead of the 7 seed and upset Boston, beat Washington and then got swept by the Cavs in 4 in the same fashion we got swept in the 1st round. Would you're tone be the same? I'm just seriously curious -- i know you'll probably say "That didn't happen and wouldn't have happened if we got the 8 seed", but I think we would have had at least a 25% chance on that side of the bracket to make the ECF and that is why I am asking.

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, all hypothetical - but let's say the Pacers got the 8 seed instead of the 7 seed and upset Boston, beat Washington and then got swept by the Cavs in 4 in the same fashion we got swept in the 1st round. Would you're tone be the same? I'm just seriously curious -- i know you'll probably say "That didn't happen and wouldn't have happened if we got the 8 seed", but I think we would have had at least a 25% chance on that side of the bracket to make the ECF and that is why I am asking.
    Of course not. But as you said, that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    What if the ref didnt call continuation on the Larry Johnson 4pt play?

What if the Brawl didnt happen?

What if Paul didn't break his leg?

You'll drive yourself mad by dealing in Pacer hypotheticals lol

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Of course not. But as you said, that didn't happen.
    Gotya - yeah such a bummer that was the opportunity given, but the team is still at fault. Had the talent before Lance to get a top 6 seed and didn't do it.

I would still vote keep PG around, and try to put the best possible team around him. Even if we brought back the same exact team I would bet that would get us a top 4 seed in the East this year with Lance off the bench and Teague/Thad having a year to play with these guys - and if the Pacers get a top 4 seed, Paul George more than likely gets an All NBA selection and then we can offer him the 5/yr deal. I am willing to take that gamble rather than trading for young guys that are less proven than our current young guy, Myles Turner.

What if the ref didnt call continuation on the Larry Johnson 4pt play?

What if the Brawl didnt happen?

What if Paul didn't break his leg?

You'll drive yourself mad by dealing in Pacer hypotheticals lol
    Agreed . Ugh. I was moreso getting a feel for if people would feel differently with the feeling that we are the 2nd best team in the East with no chance against the Cavs verses we are the 6th-7th best team in the East with no chance against the Cavs. Because I think we can build a team that is the 2nd best in the East (unless Hayward heads to Boston). But I don't think we can build a contender for next year (EDIT: unless Hayward heads to Indy), but if we're being honest with ourselves. There are only 2 of those.
    Last edited by brownjake43; 05-18-2017 at 06:11 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

Also there are a lot of "ifs" in order for the Pacers to make room to even make a run at Hayward. Utah and Boston can just sign him outright
    Not so for Boston. IT will need an extension soon. Bradley, Olynyk also. Plus that 1st round pick.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Not so for Boston. IT will need an extension soon. Bradley, Olynyk also. Plus that 1st round pick.
    None of that will keep them from signing Hayward this summer. Bradley and Thomas won't be free agents until 2018 and they will worry about payroll when they get to that point. And they will not shed one tear over losing Kelly Olynyk if it means they can get Hayward.

If Thomas walks in 2018, they honestly won't care. They're going to draft his eventual replacement with the #1 pick anyway.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-18-2017 at 06:41 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Going to be a dark time for the Pacers unless they fluke their way to a star at 18 in the draft. Super unlikely.

Hate to be negative but this could be such a nosedive that leads to a team sell and relocation

34. The Following User Says Thank You to natjjohn For This Useful Post: