Thread: I can't chase the thought away!!

Hybrid View

Default I can't chase the thought away!!

I give serious serious points to Larry Brown for the timeout, class act, but I can't help thinking, there were 15 frickin seconds on the clock, and more than that when Tay hugged Reggie, which honestly really started my crying fit, BUT ANYWAY--------

I can't help but feel there was soooo much time come on, there has been an 8 points in 8.9 seconds, it would have been the perfect very last Reggie moment.

I do understand that the ending was really perfect, it gave my hero the perfect send off and respect he deserved, but I can't help but grasp for that little piece of hope, which really was visible. Screw Reggie's age, he can run with Rip all night, he's in better shape than most youngens.

Basically, the end of Reggie's career, if he would have attempted to win the game and failed, would not be the same; it would not be as tear jerking and special to us as it was, but I can't help but have the thoughts I have.

Did anybody else feel this way?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Default Re: I can't chase the thought away!!

9 points isn't going to happen in 15 sec, especially by someone who is almost 40.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not to mention there would have to be some stolen inbounds passes to boot.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Yeah I guess that's true but really, do you think that it would ever be possible that he scored 25 points in the fourth quarter once, despite all that pesky defense?that this man scored 8 points in 8.9 seconds? that this man hit the game extending shot at 38 years old more than 40 ft away? that this man from the unrecognized Indiana Pacers would break the all-time 3pt. FGM record? See it's easy to say that there was alot going against him, but there has been plenty more and he has suceeded, I'm just saying that I believe there was a total chance.

foretaz

i think this falls under that Hope thread i started...we have such a desire to have hope and simply do not want to have it totally taken away from us....yes...we have come to expect the unexpected from reggie....and thats why we love him the way we do....but when reggie missed that last 3....i think even reggie gave up the Hope....and thats probably the most telling of all...

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I know what you mean though. I think every Pacer fan has a little hope that the Pacers will win any game as long as Reggie Miller is in the game. We have seen it happen so many times before and believed it could happen before.

this thread is a stretch

Under the circumstances, the game ended about as perfectly as it could have.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

For a split second when Reggie was substituted for I thought hey wait the game isn't over yet. But then it hit me that it was and yes Reggie should come out of the game.