View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the NBA championship?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detroit

7 10.14%
  • Miami

11 15.94%
  • Phoenix

28 40.58%
  • San Antonio

23 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are you rooting for now?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Default Who are you rooting for now?

Who do you want to win the whole thing now? I want whoever wins the West to win, preferably Phoenix. I'd like to see Steve Nash get a ring. My first choice is Dallas but it looks like they are about to get knocked off.

Default Re: Who are you rooting for now?

I'm rooting for the Pistons to lose

edit- Ohh man thats a nice quote from Jack.

Phoenix might as well have it with every other award....

Mood

I think San Antonio will win. But that's not the question, it's who do I WANT to win. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I think in the end I'd most like to see Phoenix win. Most entertaining team left, and if they win it turns the "this is how you build a championship team" mantra on its head a bit.

swoop

I'm definately rooting for the Suns to win it all, I love watching them.

Spurs. Ginobili is something else...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Harmonica

Always the East. Shaq and the Heat is poetic justice.

Though I'll probably end up rooting for whoever comes out of the West I may end up pulling for Miami for a couple of reasons, #1 Shaq has been really funny lately and more wins means more off the cuff postgame interviews & comments and #2 because I'd be really amused thinking about how Kobe and Dr. Buss's must feel. I do really enjoy watching Phoenix and also like watching the Duncan, Manu, Parker group play too. I'd just really like to hear Shaq say more things like how he's playing like Erick Dampier.

3ptmiller

Nobody actually, im just waiting for these teams to get over with it as fast as possible so the months can fly by until November and there we will be reborn...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want the Suns to win it all because I'm here in AZ. Plus I like offense.

I definitely want the Heat to smoke the Pistons - big time. I have no love for the Pistons, although I do respect RIP for his shot and Chauncey has a nice shot as well. As for Miami, I agree that seeing the Heat get the title does have a "Kobe/Laker" connection, but having the Lakers not get in the Playoffs is enough for me.

I like the Spurs, and normally I'd say that I want them to win (out of Western teams), but I love the Suns' style of play - and Stoudemire is just amazing. I hope that the Suns win it all.

Regardless, the next three series are going to be good ones...
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

I really dont like or dislike any of the four teams left. I dont think the Heat deserve rings yet, they need to put a few more seasons in. I voted for Suns for the simple reason that I live in Phoenix and I would like to see it become a basketball town again. Ever since the DBacks won the world series and the Suns went through that big slump, all anyone ever talks about anymore is baseball (I hate baseball more than any other sport). I must admit though Im getting sick of all the bandwagon fans, I supposed thats inevitable though.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought it was going to be Phoenix...but after watching closely a couple games now...and turning it off before dying from boredom, I've settled in on San Antonio.

Anybody around here remember the Denver teams of a few years back? They'd score 140 points and their opponent scored 146. They played ZERO defense. Throw it up and run. THat's what Phoenix reminds me of today and I found myself really really bored with it. UNfortuately, I see them as the prototype for the NBA of the future.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

In the East, I'm rooting against the Heat. Too much risidual Shaq/Lakers annoyance in the mix (though I love Wade's game).

In the West, I have nothing against either team. Haven't had the chance to see much of the Suns this year, but it sounds like they're a fun, free-wheelin' team to watch. So, I'll go with the Suns. Plus, I used to enjoy the Suns back in their Barkley/Majerle/Kevin Johnson days. Besides, the Spurs already have two rings.

In the Finals, I'll stick with the Suns. I'd rather not have to endure another year of dealing with the "World Champion" Detroit Pistons.

I didn't see "I Don't Care" on the poll so I won't vote.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I'm surprised so many of you enjoy watching the Suns so much.

They really only run one play the whole game and they have three guys just standing outside the three point line. That does not allow them to get many offensive rebounds.

I say this a little tongue in cheek. Because of how many of you complain about the Pacers standing outside the three point line offense. I call that spacing

But in all seriousness the Suns run a high pick and roll with Amare and Nash probably 95% of the time while the other three guys space the floor, err stand outside the three point line.

Spurs. With their new offense, when they have everything going right, they are a beauty to behold on both ends of the court.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Spurs or Suns, haven't made up my mind yet. I like Duncan and Ginobili, some of my favorite players, but Marion I like a lot aswell. Ahwell, what it comes down to? I just don't want the Pistons to win and the same goes for Shaq (Sorry Wade!).

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I would like to see Miami win just to rub in on Buss/Kobe some more.

I would rather be the hammer than the nail

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I'd say, I'd like to see the Spurs win. I like Duncan and just about everyone on that team.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Whoever comes out of the West.

Miami? I like Shaq as a person but I think he gets away with moving people out of his way to much, so I can't root for a team he's on.

Detroit? I wanted them to win last year, but not this year, not since the brawl.

Phoenix? That would be okay.

San Antonio is the team that will take it all though.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to see the Suns win, not so much because of their style of play but because they are a new face in the mix.

Whatever happens in the east is Bad. If Shaq wins, it's hype-city and proof that Shaq is God. More reinforcement for the "team with the biggest superstar wins" NBA marketing theory, which always makes me . If Detroit wins, they might repeat the championship and that would depress me.

The scenario I'd see as best is for Detroit to beat Miami and then get whomped by the West (which also serves to reinforce the whole "West is God and East is the minor league" crud).
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

dobermanpharaoh

San Antonio. They looked pretty good yesterday. I believe they can play even better. Phoenix,even with all those three's flying still couldn't get the job done.

Simple, I want to see Miami get it. Then Shaq can be satisfied and return to his candy bar eating ways. Fat Shaq is easier to deal with and more injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by dobermanpharaoh
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    San Antonio. They looked pretty good yesterday. I believe they can play even better. Phoenix,even with all those three's flying still couldn't get the job done.
    This won't go over well here, but I heard somebody, I think maybe Wilbon on TK's radio show, say today that San Antonio is the equivalent of the New England Patriots. They can play any style, be it score 35 to beat Pittsburgh, or grind it out to beat the Colts. I'm really starting to want to see what they would do with Detroit.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!