Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something overlooked about Reggie

Default Re: Something overlooked about Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, He works very few hours for comparatively ridiculous pay. Preferencial treatment is a way of life for these guys, but on the occassion that he may want to have a meal out, he feels the right to turn folks down? Well, that doesn't sit right with my brother. He feels with all the perks they have, that's just something they should deal with. If they want privacy, they have the money to have just about any meal, with personell to serve it, to their home.

"

That is a whole new topic but I completely disagree about "works for few hours for comparitively ridiculous pay". He is getting payed
    what the market things he desrves and
    what the Simons think he deserves

As far as working hard, professional atheletes, especially the fit onew, work their tail off. We see just the game, but there is a lot more that goes along with it. They have immense pressure, little time, not much privacy. I always wish, if I ever become a millionare, I should be an anonymous one.

If Herb Simon ever went to Burger King in a Honda Civic, nobody would recognize him. These atheletes get approached all the time and get a little tired of it. I sometimes buckle under my own pressures and snap at my family members. I understand where Reggie is coming from and also understand your sister being jilted. It does leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Default Re: Something overlooked about Reggie

Also, at games, Reggie is very very focussed or "zoned in as he calls it". He does not even hi five or low five people when walking in and out of the locker room. His eyes are looking at something and he appears oblivious of his surroundings.

If you notice him, he has a very high concentration level and he does not appear casual. Maybe that is his way of staying focussed. This is my impression after watching about 100 games (road and home).

So if he does not sign at games, I do understand. In general, my philososphy on this is -

It is great if an athelete takes the time to sign an autograph, if he does not I won't hold it against him. I do understand he has lot of other things on his mind.