Thread: Brown not sincere?

Default Brown not sincere?

Listening to JMV's show someone called in and questioned Larry Brown's sincerity in calling the time out at the end of the game. What is this guy on? I think there was total sincerity and it was a class move! Good Lord, talk about trying to ruin a nearly perfect moment.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Brown not sincere?

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listening to JMV's show someone called in and questioned Larry Brown's sincerity in calling the time out at the end of the game. What is this guy on? I think there was total sincerity and it was a class move! Good Lord, talk about trying to ruin a nearly perfect moment.

Well, I gotta admit...a tiny part of me questioned his sincerity too. But yeah, he did it and that is all that matters. It made the evening special, so props to him for doing it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo

If he was not sincere why would he have done it? It was a completely class move and it is idiotic to try and tarnish it.

It was classy even if it wasn't sincere (and I believe it was totally sincere). I don't care (much) what Brown thought, because his timeout allowed the Indy faithful to honor Reggie.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think there was any question whatsoever about his sincerity once he motioned for a couple of his players who were remaining seated to stand up and join in.

I thought it was one of the most respectful gestures I've ever seen in sports.

The bottom line is that Reggie was probably one of the best players Larry ever coached for, maybe in not the talent sense so much, but in the respect he gave LB.I remember reading once that Reg would always say,'If Larry says it's so, it's so.'

Brown was definatley sincere, and because he did that Reggie went out with his respect.Plus, that moment will be etched in my memory for the rest of my life.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was a great moment and it sucks someone or some people are trying to f*** it up by saying this crap.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I wouldn't say it's crap. The thought crossed my mind too after what Larry Brown has said about the Pacers this year. I think he was sincere though last night.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just don't see the point in bringing it up.....especially now. It's unnecessary controversy.

can anybody clarify. who is he being allegedly not sincere to?

that is bs. Larry is a good guy and I will always like him. He wears his heart on his sleeve and has some abrasive remarks somtimes. Overall, i like him for his no nonsense coaching style.

I thought it was a great gesture on Larry Brown's part. He knows what a great player Reggie Miller is as does everyone in the league. I know I cried when I saw Reggie leaving the court so yeah I think it was very sincere.