Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54

Thread: RATS thread........

  1. #26
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,867

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Question DD. You have a problem when JO flexes after he dunks? That's rubbing it in, calling attention to himself, and being "unprofessional."


    I just don't see how flexing is a big deal. Hell, I wish some Pacer would of flexed at the Pistons during the series. It shows, if you actually have the attributes to back it up, that you aren't scared of a team. Watching games 4 and 5 it seemed like no one did have the confidence to stand up to them all the time. To me in sends a message, if he actually did it, comparable to Babe Ruth pointing to the stands. Basically be flexing he was saying "Next year you gotta deal with this."

    It's amazing that you're criticizing me for sticking up for it, when in your it's just the opposite. He has to do something amazingly good to get credit. I've said it many times that I don't agree with some of his actions. I feel like I'm judging his actions through anyone doing it, instead of thinking OH NO ITS RON!!!!!

  2. #27
    NewType
    Guest

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron drives a beat up older SUV not an Escalade. As least thats what has been reported. I doubt that durring his suspension he went on a car buying spree.
    Yup. I think he drives a Ford Explorer/Expedition or something like that. After taking such a financial hit this year, I doubt he has spare cash for a new ride.

  3. #28
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    Man that is a funny image. I can only hope he screamed "Whatcha gonna do when Artest runs wild on you!!!!"

    Oh MagicRat . . . Do with this what you must.



  4. #29
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,917

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question DD. You have a problem when JO flexes after he dunks? That's rubbing it in, calling attention to himself, and being "unprofessional."

    It's especially bothersome if you had your shot blocked a time or two (or more) maybe missed a few bunnies... maybe had a turnover or two... maybe your man has been scoring on you more than the team would like... and then you finally beat your man and come open for a dunk and start flexing.

    Scoreboard....

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. #30
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question DD. You have a problem when JO flexes after he dunks? That's rubbing it in, calling attention to himself, and being "unprofessional."


    I just don't see how flexing is a big deal. Hell, I wish some Pacer would of flexed at the Pistons during the series. It shows, if you actually have the attributes to back it up, that you aren't scared of a team. Watching games 4 and 5 it seemed like no one did have the confidence to stand up to them all the time. To me in sends a message, if he actually did it, comparable to Babe Ruth pointing to the stands. Basically be flexing he was saying "Next year you gotta deal with this."

    It's amazing that you're criticizing me for sticking up for it, when in your it's just the opposite. He has to do something amazingly good to get credit. I've said it many times that I don't agree with some of his actions. I feel like I'm judging his actions through anyone doing it, instead of thinking OH NO ITS RON!!!!!
    Yes I do have a problem with JO flexing after a dunk. I've always hated any egotistical pose or gesture he does whether it is flexing or the "brain explosion" from the 2001 NJ series. That goes for any Pacer. Or in the NBA really, thats Now I like it when Jax waves his hands to try to get the crowd to cheer. That is not drawing attention to yourself IMO, but rather the team. Plus it does not give the opposing team extra motivation.

    Now when you say you wish a Pacer would have flexed his muscles at the Pistons are you meaning metaphorically, or do you actually wish someone would have held his own Mr. Universe pagent in front of the Pistons bench. If you mean the former I agree. I felt that most of the Pacers played scared of the Pistons this series. I wish someone would have metaphorically flexed their muscles to prove that we were equally as strong.

    That being said, if Artest did this it proves nothing. If it is entirely true the bus probably had to stop at Methodist on its way out to adminster oxygen to the Wallaces from laughing for too long and hard.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  6. #31
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    This sounds fake.

  7. #32
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's especially bothersome if you had your shot blocked a time or two (or more) maybe missed a few bunnies... maybe had a turnover or two... maybe your man has been scoring on you more than the team would like... and then you finally beat your man and come open for a dunk and start flexing.

    Scoreboard....

    -Bball
    Bingo, I wish I could have summed it up in as many words.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  8. #33
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This sounds fake.
    Has to be, or at least fake enough that no one cares. There is no way this isn't all over the news.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  9. #34
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,867

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now when you say you wish a Pacer would have flexed his muscles at the Pistons are you meaning metaphorically, or do you actually wish someone would have held his own Mr. Universe pagent in front of the Pistons bench. If you mean the former I agree. I felt that most of the Pacers played scared of the Pistons this series. I wish someone would have metaphorically flexed their muscles to prove that we were equally as strong.

    That being said, if Artest did this it proves nothing. If it is entirely true the bus probably had to stop at Methodist on its way out to adminster oxygen to the Wallaces from laughing for too long and hard.
    I mean both actually. Not flexing after one play, but someone that actually had that attitude of not backing down as well.

    BTW Ron is a few inches smaller, and outweighs both Wallaces. Rasheed may of had the giggles after spending time in the stall though.

  10. #35
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Artest drives a black jeep wrangler,big tires,chrome grill.


    Saw him in it on ESPN a couple days after the brawl.

  11. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,643

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Ron was there, but the facts are incorrect.

    He jumped out of his SUV, through a cup of beer on the bus, and promplty jumped back into his SUV and drove away.


  12. #37
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Why don't we close this thread or delete it?

    What a ridiculous made-up story.

    Just perpetuating the "badness" of Artest

  13. #38
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron was there, but the facts are incorrect.

    He jumped out of his SUV, through a cup of beer on the bus, and promplty jumped back into his SUV and drove away.

    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  14. #39
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't we close this thread or delete it?

    What a ridiculous made-up story.

    Just perpetuating the "badness" of Artest
    Prove it and we will.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  15. #40
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    I heard the same report on the radio this morning.

    I thought it was a joke, but McCosky said he was "waiting all night to share this story with someone." He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. He thought Ron was going to go after some players, but instead he did his best he-man impression, and went to the gym to shoot around at 11:30 at night.

    I can understand if you think he's lying, but I DID hear this report over the radio this morning.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  16. #41
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,519
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    I don't thank it's true. If by a slim chance it is, it's kinda disturbing.

    Not quite as bad as Rodman in his truck with a shotgun outside of Detroit's arena having to be talked out of blowing his brains out. He did help Chicago win 3 championships after that though.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  17. #42
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,867

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    KStat, did he make it sound like he was joking around with the Pistons by flexing, or did he make it sound like he was trying to intimidate them?


    BTW, I like the fact that he got there right after the game to be with his teammates.

  18. #43
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KStat, did he make it sound like he was joking around with the Pistons by flexing, or did he make it sound like he was trying to intimidate them?


    BTW, I like the fact that he got there right after the game to be with his teammates.
    McCosky was laughing louder than I've ever head him laugh. I couldn't really tell his intent, and I doubt McCosky could, either.

    Its equally disturbing either way, I think.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #44
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    If this is accurate, it's disturbing (and funny).

  20. #45
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    So McCosky rides the team bus? Was it a first-hand account? Is he reputable?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. #46
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,519
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    The Real Story:

    Ron often comes to Conseco after games and works out. He works out to blow off steam after watching his team play without him. It just happens that the Detroit bus was there. Ron got out of the truck and the Detroit players started yelling insults so he gave them a little flex and told them he was coming after them next season (on the basketball court). No big deal.......... really.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  22. #47
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So McCosky rides the team bus? Was it a first-hand account? Is he reputable?
    He certainly made it sound as if it was a first-hand account. I'm pretty sure it was.

    As for the credibility of the story, if you heard his report, nothing he said implied that he was joking, and he said that he was up all night because he wanted to share the story with WDFN.

    However, he was laughing the entire time he said it.

    It would be very easy to make a case for both fact and fiction.

    I suppose we'll know for sure when McCosky wrties his column tomorrow.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  23. #48
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    If this is true, which, I have no idea if it is or not. I do not care that Ron did this. If it was anybody else people would have thought it was funny, and would have laughed it off. Instead everything Ronnie does is considered "bad boy" and tarnishing the image. I like that he is excited for next season, and I would LOVE to see him do a major amount of flexing on the court and D-O-M-I-N-A-T-E.

    Im excited already for his return.

  24. #49
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Okay if Ron got out of his car and did flex at their bus and left, what is the problem you have with that? Its not like he ran up in the bus and started fighting them.And I still dont belive this story.

  25. #50
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,433

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: RATS thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Real Story:

    Ron often comes to Conseco after games and works out. He works out to blow off steam after watching his team play without him. It just happens that the Detroit bus was there. Ron got out of the truck and the Detroit players started yelling insults so he gave them a little flex and told them he was coming after them next season (on the basketball court). No big deal.......... really.
    This is not only believable but seems extremely good natured and in keeping with the good sportsmanship of the evening.

    Why is there a problem with it?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •