Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RATS thread........

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: RATS thread........

Question DD. You have a problem when JO flexes after he dunks? That's rubbing it in, calling attention to himself, and being "unprofessional."

I just don't see how flexing is a big deal. Hell, I wish some Pacer would of flexed at the Pistons during the series. It shows, if you actually have the attributes to back it up, that you aren't scared of a team. Watching games 4 and 5 it seemed like no one did have the confidence to stand up to them all the time. To me in sends a message, if he actually did it, comparable to Babe Ruth pointing to the stands. Basically be flexing he was saying "Next year you gotta deal with this."

It's amazing that you're criticizing me for sticking up for it, when in your it's just the opposite. He has to do something amazingly good to get credit. I've said it many times that I don't agree with some of his actions. I feel like I'm judging his actions through anyone doing it, instead of thinking OH NO ITS RON!!!!!

NewType

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron drives a beat up older SUV not an Escalade. As least thats what has been reported. I doubt that durring his suspension he went on a car buying spree.
    Yup. I think he drives a Ford Explorer/Expedition or something like that. After taking such a financial hit this year, I doubt he has spare cash for a new ride.

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave

Man that is a funny image. I can only hope he screamed "Whatcha gonna do when Artest runs wild on you!!!!"

Oh MagicRat . . . Do with this what you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    Question DD. You have a problem when JO flexes after he dunks? That's rubbing it in, calling attention to himself, and being "unprofessional."

It's especially bothersome if you had your shot blocked a time or two (or more) maybe missed a few bunnies... maybe had a turnover or two... maybe your man has been scoring on you more than the team would like... and then you finally beat your man and come open for a dunk and start flexing.

Scoreboard....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just don't see how flexing is a big deal. Hell, I wish some Pacer would of flexed at the Pistons during the series. It shows, if you actually have the attributes to back it up, that you aren't scared of a team. Watching games 4 and 5 it seemed like no one did have the confidence to stand up to them all the time. To me in sends a message, if he actually did it, comparable to Babe Ruth pointing to the stands. Basically be flexing he was saying "Next year you gotta deal with this."

It's amazing that you're criticizing me for sticking up for it, when in your it's just the opposite. He has to do something amazingly good to get credit. I've said it many times that I don't agree with some of his actions. I feel like I'm judging his actions through anyone doing it, instead of thinking OH NO ITS RON!!!!!
    Yes I do have a problem with JO flexing after a dunk. I've always hated any egotistical pose or gesture he does whether it is flexing or the "brain explosion" from the 2001 NJ series. That goes for any Pacer. Or in the NBA really, thats Now I like it when Jax waves his hands to try to get the crowd to cheer. That is not drawing attention to yourself IMO, but rather the team. Plus it does not give the opposing team extra motivation.

Now when you say you wish a Pacer would have flexed his muscles at the Pistons are you meaning metaphorically, or do you actually wish someone would have held his own Mr. Universe pagent in front of the Pistons bench. If you mean the former I agree. I felt that most of the Pacers played scared of the Pistons this series. I wish someone would have metaphorically flexed their muscles to prove that we were equally as strong.

That being said, if Artest did this it proves nothing. If it is entirely true the bus probably had to stop at Methodist on its way out to adminster oxygen to the Wallaces from laughing for too long and hard.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Mood

This sounds fake.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    It's especially bothersome if you had your shot blocked a time or two (or more) maybe missed a few bunnies... maybe had a turnover or two... maybe your man has been scoring on you more than the team would like... and then you finally beat your man and come open for a dunk and start flexing.

Scoreboard....

-Bball
    Bingo, I wish I could have summed it up in as many words.

House Sigil:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This sounds fake.
    Has to be, or at least fake enough that no one cares. There is no way this isn't all over the news.

House Sigil:

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    Now when you say you wish a Pacer would have flexed his muscles at the Pistons are you meaning metaphorically, or do you actually wish someone would have held his own Mr. Universe pagent in front of the Pistons bench. If you mean the former I agree. I felt that most of the Pacers played scared of the Pistons this series. I wish someone would have metaphorically flexed their muscles to prove that we were equally as strong.

That being said, if Artest did this it proves nothing. If it is entirely true the bus probably had to stop at Methodist on its way out to adminster oxygen to the Wallaces from laughing for too long and hard.
    I mean both actually. Not flexing after one play, but someone that actually had that attitude of not backing down as well.

BTW Ron is a few inches smaller, and outweighs both Wallaces. Rasheed may of had the giggles after spending time in the stall though.

Artest drives a black jeep wrangler,big tires,chrome grill.

Saw him in it on ESPN a couple days after the brawl.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ron was there, but the facts are incorrect.

He jumped out of his SUV, through a cup of beer on the bus, and promplty jumped back into his SUV and drove away.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why don't we close this thread or delete it?

What a ridiculous made-up story.

Just perpetuating the "badness" of Artest

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    Ron was there, but the facts are incorrect.

He jumped out of his SUV, through a cup of beer on the bus, and promplty jumped back into his SUV and drove away.

House Sigil:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    Why don't we close this thread or delete it?

What a ridiculous made-up story.

Just perpetuating the "badness" of Artest
    Prove it and we will.

House Sigil:

I heard the same report on the radio this morning.

I thought it was a joke, but McCosky said he was "waiting all night to share this story with someone." He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. He thought Ron was going to go after some players, but instead he did his best he-man impression, and went to the gym to shoot around at 11:30 at night.

I can understand if you think he's lying, but I DID hear this report over the radio this morning.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't thank it's true. If by a slim chance it is, it's kinda disturbing.

Not quite as bad as Rodman in his truck with a shotgun outside of Detroit's arena having to be talked out of blowing his brains out. He did help Chicago win 3 championships after that though.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

KStat, did he make it sound like he was joking around with the Pistons by flexing, or did he make it sound like he was trying to intimidate them?

BTW, I like the fact that he got there right after the game to be with his teammates.

KStat, did he make it sound like he was joking around with the Pistons by flexing, or did he make it sound like he was trying to intimidate them?

BTW, I like the fact that he got there right after the game to be with his teammates.
    McCosky was laughing louder than I've ever head him laugh. I couldn't really tell his intent, and I doubt McCosky could, either.

Its equally disturbing either way, I think.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

If this is accurate, it's disturbing (and funny).

So McCosky rides the team bus? Was it a first-hand account? Is he reputable?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Real Story:

Ron often comes to Conseco after games and works out. He works out to blow off steam after watching his team play without him. It just happens that the Detroit bus was there. Ron got out of the truck and the Detroit players started yelling insults so he gave them a little flex and told them he was coming after them next season (on the basketball court). No big deal.......... really.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    So McCosky rides the team bus? Was it a first-hand account? Is he reputable?
    He certainly made it sound as if it was a first-hand account. I'm pretty sure it was.

As for the credibility of the story, if you heard his report, nothing he said implied that he was joking, and he said that he was up all night because he wanted to share the story with WDFN.

However, he was laughing the entire time he said it.

It would be very easy to make a case for both fact and fiction.

I suppose we'll know for sure when McCosky wrties his column tomorrow.

If this is true, which, I have no idea if it is or not. I do not care that Ron did this. If it was anybody else people would have thought it was funny, and would have laughed it off. Instead everything Ronnie does is considered "bad boy" and tarnishing the image. I like that he is excited for next season, and I would LOVE to see him do a major amount of flexing on the court and D-O-M-I-N-A-T-E.

Im excited already for his return.

Okay if Ron got out of his car and did flex at their bus and left, what is the problem you have with that? Its not like he ran up in the bus and started fighting them.And I still dont belive this story.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    The Real Story:

Ron often comes to Conseco after games and works out. He works out to blow off steam after watching his team play without him. It just happens that the Detroit bus was there. Ron got out of the truck and the Detroit players started yelling insults so he gave them a little flex and told them he was coming after them next season (on the basketball court). No big deal.......... really.
    This is not only believable but seems extremely good natured and in keeping with the good sportsmanship of the evening.

Why is there a problem with it?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh