Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

I have no problem with Sassan when he knows how to behave. I have no problem giving him another chance.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo

TripleThreat:

1) he is 21

2) He probably does not make as much as you think he simply lives at home and spends most of his money on the Pacers. He has nothing to do with import/export I dont know where you get that from. Have you ever seen anyone living in a trailer park who drives a new Vette? I have its called priorities. Yes he makes a decent living but I doubt it is as much as you think.

3) He is a first generation immigrant. His parents moved here to escape the horrid living conditions of Iran when Sassan was only 2. Most immigrants I know work VERY hard and I have no doubt that his family is any different.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

It boggles my mind when I think of how much time I've wasted reading posts about this guy.

Sassan =

1) A fairly good kid with moderate amount of disposable income.

2) A newfound Pacers fan "celebrity" along the novelty lines of the "sign guy" and the "sweet little old lady".

3) A hideously terrible, disruptive, combative presence in the message board environment that doesn't know how to post without attacking or offending people.

EDIT: removed needless name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It boggles my mind when I think of how much time I've wasted reading posts about this jack***.

Sassan =

2) A newfound Pacers fan "celebrity" along the novelty lines of the "sign guy" and the "sweet little old lady".

3) A hideously terrible, disruptive, combative presence in the message board environment that doesn't know how to post without attacking or offending people.
    Is she always at the games with a two-sided sign? If so, I've sat by her before. She is always up on the jumbo-tron.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I don't know if that's the same lady. And I don't even know if the little old lady I'm talking about is still around last I heard she was in her 80's or something and has been a season ticket holder since the ABA Pacers. I read an article about her a few years ago.

Harmonica

It boggles my mind when I think of how much time I've wasted reading posts about this jack***.

Sassan =

I'm not going to defend the guy because I've told him in person the same things about his posting style. He agreed with me. But until you meet someone in person and get to know them a little, you can't judge them entirely by the opinion you've formed of them on a damn message board. I actually thought about PMing you LA to come out and meet me and Sassan to watch game 4. I think you'd have an entirely different opinion of him if you did. Doesn't mean you'd want him back on here because he can be frustrating as hell on a message board, but in person he's actually very respectful and gracious. But then again, I have that effect on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    I'm not going to defend the guy because I've told him in person the same things about his posting style. He agreed with me. But until you meet someone in person and get to know them a little, you can't judge them by entirely by the opinion you've formed of them on a damn message board. I actually thought about PMing you LA to come out and meet me and Sassan to watch game 4. I think you'd have an entirely different opinion of him if you did. Doesn't mean you'd want him back on here because he can be frustrating as hell on a message board, but in person he's actually very respectful and gracious. But then again, I have that effect on people.
    I've talked to him on the phone, and you're right. In person (or at least on the phone) he's a good guy that I wouldn't mind hanging out with.

Maybe next season then?

Harmonica

I've talked to him on the phone, and you're right. In person (or at least on the phone) he's a good guy that I wouldn't mind hanging out with.

Maybe next season then?
    We should try that. Could be fun. Maybe the first game of next season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sure Sasson is a decent guy.

But as its been mentioned, in message board formant, he blows up, and results to name calling.

The other night, I was in the chat, and he was yelling at me, saying I was anti-Pacers because I wasn't happy with some things on the team.

The purpose of the message board is to discuss the positives and negatives of the Pacers. Sasson sees no negatives in the Pacers. That's his problem. In his eyes, anyone who doesn't think that JO, Jax, and Ron are great is "anti-Pacers."

Sassan's hardly a newfound Pacers fan. Dunno when he first appeared but it was over 6 years ago now.

Dunno about the novelty factor either but OK.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

First off, this forum is to talk about the Pacers and not about Pacers fans.

Secondly, I think Sassan has a communication problem. On an internet forum, you type something with a certain intention/message. But the people who are reading it can easily interpret it differently. There are not many posters who can get their point accross all the times with few words. Sassan's post, if you have noticed, are almost always huge ramblings. His intentions probably are good but his posts look like berating someone or throwing a temper tantrum.

What you think was funny when you posted it might be offensive to someone else. I have had that happen to me on this forum.

If we meet Sassan outside and talk, our impression of him might be different. One thing is for sure, he is definitely passionate about the Pacers, looks like it even after Reggie is gone.

I will stop before for fear of contradicting myself about the first point in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Where is that stated in the rules?

This forum is here to talk about whatever you want to. Wether it be the managment, players, fans, pacemates, etc...........

not at a psycho-analysis level of a fan though!

DANCINGHARRY

Talking Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

let sasson back on with me then we need to get jonz or the bush man back. i still have no use for fans of other teams on our boards. right peck by the way where is p amn these days. damned i have been on these boards a long time.,

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't have a problem with sassan, personally. He seems like a nice guy over IM.

I just have no faith in him being able to stay out of trouble here, and I think he realizes that too. Thats why he's starting his own board.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Now we all dont get the same breaks, but I dont think its fair to judge somebody just because they are young and making good money. Hell, I hope that if/when I get wealthy, if my child decides he wants to work for the family buisness, as long as he is happy and working towards a goal, so be it. We dont all have the same oppurtunities in life (I could never travel with the team like Sass does) but I try not to be invious and just work it so that one day I will be able to (my ultimate dream is to buy a NBA team, but thats another story for another day )
    I am not judging anyone because they are young and make lots of money...to put it bluntly...I have very little respect for people who have the world handed to them on a silver platter, because when it comes down to it...they don't know how to act. Your analogies are all people who pulled themselve up by the bootstraps and are successful because of what they have been through. I have no problem of turning the family business over to the kids...as long as they are worthy of the job, and understand what it takes to be successful.

I saw several mentions of..."if you just meet this guy in person" "he's not the same guy in person as he is on this board". That is the CLASSIC definition of "internet tough guy". He's tough as nails behind the computer screen. Of COURSE he's not going to talk to people the same way he posts here. IF HE DOES THAT IN PERSON, HE WILL GET HIS HEAD KNOCKED OFF!!!!

Personally, I don't want to meet the guy in person...It would remind me too much of talking with Mr. Hyde on the phone, and meeting Dr. Jekyll. No thanks, I'll stick to normal people.

woman without a team

Attention Members of PD:For every time someone brings up Sassan I'm going to start a Brad Miller thread.

(For those of you who don't find that humorous it made Kegboy )

Angry Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

SASSAN AGAIN!

Most of you are saying you can live with whatever Hicks decides. Well, I have some shocking news for you. Hicks has already decided! Why keep bringing it up?

Sassan is banned because he is bull headed.

Years back when he first came to the Star board he posted in all capital letters. He was informed over and over again it was the equivalent of shouting and not polite. He did it anyway. For years. I was truly surprised when he came on here and started posting that he wasn't still posting in caps.

He's been banned repeatedly yet his posting style doesn't change. He's been banned from here yet he still manages to get his posts on here. How come?

I don't go along with those that advocate he get special posting privileges either. That only teaches him that he doesn't have to change, all he has to do is persevere and other people will cave.

Also since he's banned, I don't think people should be allowed to post for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    SASSAN AGAIN!

Most of you are saying you can live with whatever Hicks decides. Well, I have some shocking news for you. Hicks has already decided! Why keep bringing it up?

Sassan is banned because he is bull headed.

Years back when he first came to the Star board he posted in all capital letters. He was informed over and over again it was the equivalent of shouting and not polite. He did it anyway. For years. I was truly surprised when he came on here and started posting that he wasn't still posting in caps.

He's been banned repeatedly yet his posting style doesn't change. He's been banned from here yet he still manages to get his posts on here. How come?

I don't go along with those that advocate he get special posting privileges either. That only teaches him that he doesn't have to change, all he has to do is persevere and other people will cave.

Also since he's banned, I don't think people should be allowed to post for him!

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo

Will in all fairness I would not normaly do that. I read the thing he wrote and thought it to be ok so I went ahead and posted it. I actually edited it a little bit because there was a line I objected to. If it had been a message to people on the board I would not have posted it but since it was about Reggie I thought it would be ok.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by TripleThreat
    I am not judging anyone because they are young and make lots of money...to put it bluntly...I have very little respect for people who have the world handed to them on a silver platter, because when it comes down to it...they don't know how to act. Your analogies are all people who pulled themselve up by the bootstraps and are successful because of what they have been through. I have no problem of turning the family business over to the kids...as long as they are worthy of the job, and understand what it takes to be successful.
    That's a narrow-minded generalization and a load of balony. I know plenty of people who have had "the world handed to them on a silver platter" and know how to act. It's a matter of education and upbringing. A parent can still teach their children good values while giving them the privileges and opportunities they never had. Now, you may have a problem with Sassan as a poster, and that's certainly valid, but from what I can tell, you seem to have a bigger problem with people who have had certain advantages you haven't. And that's more about petty jealousy than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    Will in all fairness I would not normaly do that. I read the thing he wrote and thought it to be ok so I went ahead and posted it. I actually edited it a little bit because there was a line I objected to. If it had been a message to people on the board I would not have posted it but since it was about Reggie I thought it would be ok.
    The "p.s." part was a message to the board.

woman without a team

Is there a reason why this has never made it to The Shout Box?

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I think it is about time.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Because it's the most popular thread on this board with 1,258 views, easily eclipsing the Brad Miller thread with 826 views and the "Looking ahead, part 1" thread with 853 views. Sassan threads are like Elvis sightings stories once were.

I think I saw Sassan at a downtown Burger King......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731