Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I don't mind having him around. I just ignore the threads when they start to go south.

While it might be hard on the mods, what about if a thread heads toward the gutter, move it to "The Shout Box" instead of banning him? Can Sassan live with that?
    He'll just start a new thread to continue the old arguements.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

It is possible to move selected posts to the Shout Box and not whole threads, correct? If there is a good thread that turns south with Sassan implying the person on the other end is a racist or a hillbilly (etc) then I don't want to see the good parts of the thread moved as well. That's not a price I'd want to pay to allow Sassan (or anyone) to post.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Hicks,

On that link (from Indystar.com), while I didn't spend too much of my day on it I didn't see more than one problem and that was basically calling all people in Indiana hicks. Heck, I look at that as a compliment. I know that it's basically your forum but I think the guy has some very interesting insight and he needs to be given some slack. He's a Pacers fan for goodness sake. But even I have gotten personal (and apologized later) about some issues, especially with the out of hand weed smoking in the NBA-my problem is only with the Pacers players on that issue-and when people try to correct me when I am not incorrect. But we all get over it. I'm over my pouting from Game #5 and am very glad the season is over. I think we all (Sassan included) just need to come together for a common goal, discuss issues regarding the Pacers, and not get personal. I, also, will work very hard at not forcing personal attacks on other members. Let's just try to get along. Let's have Pacers fans stick together. And stick up for each other. Also, I still hate the Pistons and the Knicks.

Harmonica

Sassan knows why he got banned. We talked about it briefly when we got together for game 4. He conceded that his posting style didn't allow for civil dicussions because he went in circles and ran roughshod over every topic he debated. In the end I said, "If it was my board and I didn't like the way someone conducted themselves, I'd boot them, and you would, too." He agreed. Mostly, he said, he misses talking with other fans about the team. Believe it or not, there aren't a lot of people in Southern California you talk Pacers basketball with.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    He'll just start a new thread to continue the old arguements.
    You bet he would.

If the mods move or delete his posts it's just going to make him mad and he'll say he's being picked on again. Things will degenerate until he gets a warning which he will inevitably ignore to the point where he gets banned AGAIN. Which will lead him back to RATS where he will about how bad we all are. I for one don't want to ride that merry-go-round again.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    You bet he would.

If the mods move or delete his posts it's just going to make him mad and he'll say he's being picked on again. Things will degenerate until he gets a warning which he will inevitably ignore to the point where he gets banned AGAIN. Which will lead him back to RATS where he will about how bad we all are. I for one don't want to ride that merry-go-round again.
    You're right, it is like a merry-go-round. We start a one place, make a complete cycle of different phases, and end up at the same place we started.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Talking Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

Maybe you should activate the "poster attitude adjustment" feature.
    You know, the one that gives you an electrical shock through your keyboard
    when the poster becomes offensive. : )

Since this has turned into a bring back Sassan discussion, I'll throw my two cents in.

If I never read another post from him, or as it seems these days, folks posting stuff for him , I will be an extremely happy guy. I don't like his posts. I don't like how dissmissive he is of other's opinions and I don't like his lack of respect for others. From what I know of him, I plain old don't like him. He almost single-handedly disrupted the old other forum. I can count on one hand the posters over the years who grate on my nerves to the point that they make reading a forum an unpleasant experience, and he's in the top three easily.

Yeah, I know I can just put him on "ignore", but invariably, he'll be quoted and I won't be able to avoid him. Am I being petulant? Maybe, but if I never hear the name Sassan again, it'll be too soon.

My two cents:

It's up to Hicks, it's his board. Whatever he decides, I can and will respect that.

I've been personally offended by some of Sassan's comments, and I think I'm in the majority of posters on that one. I've also enjoyed reading his posts and looking at his pictures.

Now, do I want him back because he's a nice guy, and a decent poster, and because I want good to triumph and all to be right in Pacer Nation (the fictional place, not the user) or do I want him back for my own selfish, greedy reasons of wanting a little more insight or insider's presence?

That is the question we should be asking.

Do we want him back for HIM or for US?

I was about to type a sentence that said, "You know he'll flame out and get banned again sooner or later", but I think that is being unfair. I don't know anything.

If it was up to me, I'd give him another (LAST) shot. If he messes up again, go Myles Brand on his a$$......

I don't think any of us has a grudge or personal vendetta against Sassan, see btown's post above. Shade IMs with him, Hicks did at one point as well IIRC. I don't recall ever having any personal problems with the guy on my end either.

By all accounts, people who have either a. met him in person or b. talk to him through IM are of the opinion that he's a nice guy and he means well but sometimes goes over the line and he knows that, but it's not really what he's about, etc. Essentially, I get the impression that he's a good guy. That's cool, I don't have any reason to dispute that. However, his ability to interact with others in a respectful fashion and to exercise some personal restraint when faced with differing opinions seems to go out the window when he's on a message board. That's the issue, not that someone doesn't like him, or doesn't like Ron or whatever.

If he could avoid being such a divisive and disruptive force and show some respect for other people and their opinions (which is a two-way street btw) I don't think he'd have any problem avoiding a ban around here. Re: lifting the ban: Has it been discussed? yeah. Will it be discussed again? I'm sure it will. Will Sassan be back? probably, at some point..

Trying to get back in through trickery or by using other people's logins is probably not helping your case very much. It's more than a bit irritating and doesn't really endear you to whoever has to go 'fix' it. It's not personal thing at all. Hell, come up to the Bay Area for the Pacers game next year and we'll have a couple of beers at the game or elsewhere. I've got no personal issues with you.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Re-instate Sassan!

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Ya know, reading that thread has given me some pause to think again.

He probably wouldn't like me at all because I grew up in small town Indiana and just represent my family. It's who I am, afterall I grew up as a poor backwoods farmer and I gotta represent....
    I read it too - and I believe I lost at least 10 IQ points.

Never mind what I said about letting him back in. Count me as completely neutral since I won't bother reading his posts anyway ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As much as I think he's a nice guy......

We've given Sassan 15 chances already. If we let him back, he's just going to get himself banned again. Go ahead and give him another shot, but its just going to be the same result.

Did you read the crap he says about us on RATS?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Harmonica

How many chances has he been given already?

Let Sassan back he is a Pacers fan after all.

so...this is the spoiled little rich kid that has been arguing with me over on RATS about SJax keeping it real?!?!? I know I don't post here often, or for very long, but before I had ever been to this site, I knew that Sassan was the biggest troublemaker on this board.

If I saw something about PD, I saw something about Sassan, and it was never anything good.

FWIW, I think this is the kid from the Richard Pryor movie "The Toy". He needs to NOT get what he wants for once in his life, and to realize that the world does not revolve around him and his ever-changing moods.

It's not my board, but if we are voting, I'm voting no. The "keeping it real" thread told me all I need to know about this kid, and that is that his view of the world is demented at best. If you let him back...it's the same as it ever was, only worse, because once again, the kid has manipulated you into doing what he wants you to do.

I'm beside myself that I even got into a discussion with this spoiled brat regarding what it's like to grow up in hard times. He hasn't seen a hard day's work in his life.

pb777

Quote Originally Posted by TripleThreat
    so...this is the spoiled little rich kid that has been arguing with me over on RATS about SJax keeping it real?!?!? I know I don't post here often, or for very long, but before I had ever been to this site, I knew that Sassan was the biggest troublemaker on this board.

If I saw something about PD, I saw something about Sassan, and it was never anything good.

FWIW, I think this is the kid from the Richard Pryor movie "The Toy". He needs to NOT get what he wants for once in his life, and to realize that the world does not revolve around him and his ever-changing moods.

It's not my board, but if we are voting, I'm voting no. The "keeping it real" thread told me all I need to know about this kid, and that is that his view of the world is demented at best. If you let him back...it's the same as it ever was, only worse, because once again, the kid has manipulated you into doing what he wants you to do.

I'm beside myself that I even got into a discussion with this spoiled brat regarding what it's like to grow up in hard times. He hasn't seen a hard day's work in his life.
    No disrespect to you 3threat, but how can u say he's a spoiled kid that has never had a hard day's work? Do u know him personally? Are you his lifetime neighbor and u know this for a fact? I find what you said to be biased and judgemental based on your brief first impression opinion of him. You dont know him, his family, or what kind of life he has lived. You dont know where he is from or where his family is from or anything about what his family is currently going thru. You may assume things based on the fact that he is young and travels to Pacers games but what you dont know is that he works hard as a mortgage officer and he works in the import/export business. He earns his money just like you and I.

Frankly, I like Sasson as a person and I think he is the ultimate Pacers fan, but I could care less if he is allowed back here, It's not my decision, it's not my board, and it's just a message board. Again 3threat, no disrespect to you or anyone else. I'm just here to talk Pacers, not who is allowed in the treehouse.

Wasn't Sassan supposed to launch his own site? I know he registered reggiemillerlegacy.com but I don't think anything is up there at the moment.

And has he even asked to be reinstated to this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    How many chances has he been given already?
    Off the top of my head I'd say at least 4.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    Wasn't Sassan supposed to launch his own site? I know he registered reggiemillerlegacy.com but I don't think anything is up there at the moment.

And has he even asked to be reinstated to this forum?
    I'm amazed that he'd want to be allowed to come back, since he BASHES this forum at every opportunity.....

and yes, he is supposed to start his own pacer message board soon.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    My two cents:

It's up to Hicks, it's his board. Whatever he decides, I can and will respect that.
    My sentiments exactly.

There are good mods on this board. If they decide to give Sassan another chance, then I'll abide and respect their decision as well.

It's their board. They can do what they want. That's the bottom line, as far as I'm concerned.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Off the top of my head I'd say at least 4.
    Eh, that's about one too many. In the end, it's only a message board, but with each banning I'd increase the length of time. 1st offense, 1 month. 2nd offense, 3 months. 3rd offense, 6 months and so on. The idea being that at some point you'd like to think they'd get it. But ultimately, it's a judgement call.

I think most of us here are fans of the team. I think Sassan is more a fan of the players. Therein lies the difference in our approach and where the friction comes from. We can praise and critisize players as it relates to the team but Sassan feels obligated to 'get their back'. In doing so he is missing the point: The team is bigger than any one player to us. We want the best for the Indiana Pacers as a team.

If someone is dragging the team down it matters not how good of a person that player is or how much he has done for Sassan. It doesn't matter if that player was born in Harlem or Heltonville. What matters is what he's doing for the team.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I only have one thing to say on this subject.

Things do get slow around here in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by pb777
    No disrespect to you 3threat, but how can u say he's a spoiled kid that has never had a hard day's work? Do u know him personally? Are you his lifetime neighbor and u know this for a fact? I find what you said to be biased and judgemental based on your brief first impression opinion of him. You dont know him, his family, or what kind of life he has lived. You dont know where he is from or where his family is from or anything about what his family is currently going thru. You may assume things based on the fact that he is young and travels to Pacers games but what you dont know is that he works hard as a mortgage officer and he works in the import/export business. He earns his money just like you and I.

Frankly, I like Sasson as a person and I think he is the ultimate Pacers fan, but I could care less if he is allowed back here, It's not my decision, it's not my board, and it's just a message board. Again 3threat, no disrespect to you or anyone else. I'm just here to talk Pacers, not who is allowed in the treehouse.
    I understand where you are coming from, but let me tell you what I am basing my opinions on...

#1) He is 20 years old
    #2) He makes a LOT of money working for his father as a mortgage officer...import/export something or other.
    #3) He is best known for berating anyone who dares disagree with him

2 of my very best friends in this world are mortgage bankers, and quite successful at it. Both of them worked their way through college to get degrees for this, only to have to work their tails off as assistants before getting their own clients. Had they been able to go to college full time right out of high school, they STILL would have been over 25 before really starting to rake in some big $$. As it stands, they are both quite well off now, but I don't see them sitting courtside, so...

so...the fact that he's only 20 tells me that he more than likely does not have a degree as of yet. He works for his dad in the many business ventures that his dad is involved in, which tells me that his dad is wealthy in his own right, and has just given jr. a job. His attacks on people who disagree with him are akin to "temper tantrums" thrown mostly by kids who are spoiled rotten.

I understand that you know him personally, but frankly, IMO, your friendship with him clouds your judgement. I don't know him, nor any more about him than what I have said here. I have nothing to lose or gain by making my comments about the opinion that I have formed about him, based on the limited information that I have.

I don't really care one way or the other...I will more than likely ignore him if he posts here, just like I will ignore him from now on on RATS. It's not my board, but everyone else was weighing in with their votes, and I have put my 2 cents in.