Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78

Thread: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

  1. #1
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,856

    Sports Logo

    Default Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    I just wanted to post all my thoughts of tonight’s game as well as this season after I had a chance to take a short nap to calm down all my emotions tonight.

    First off to this incredible season…it was sad to see Reggie Miller’s last game in person….my emotions really got to me tonight at the game and I wasn’t full scale crying but I certainly had tears and sitting down in Conseco Fieldhouse after the game it hit me that I won’t be watching Reggie Miller play on the Indiana Pacers anymore unless he comes back toward the end of next season. This is such a big thing for me because all I have known since I was 9 years old was Reggie Miller….Reggie Miller is the one who brought the 9 year old kid who had a love of passion for Reggie and I remember as a kid I would always buy Reggie Miller jerseys and I had like 15 different kinds….as a kid I remember Reggie Miller’s trash talking, clutch shooting performances and that Reggie Miller of my youth who would grab his crotch after nailing a three and looking at the direction of Spike Lee has turned into Uncle Reggie…the Reggie Miller who is calm and very respectful on the court. This is one reason I have absolutely no problem with our boys like Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest because they are still young and being able to have Reggie Miller on their side truly has helped benefit their lives. I will never forget the day that I met Reggie Miller and Mark Jackson in Los Angeles inside the Staples Center locker room and the image of Mark Jackson walking me down the tunnel to the locker room and as Mark Jackson opened up the door to the locker…I see Reggie Miller sitting down and I remember the joy and happiness that brought to my life. I remember my eyes being watery with joy and I will always be grateful for that day as that truly was one of the greatest days in my life…and I remember vividly Reggie Miller introducing me to his other teammates which were Sam Perkins, Travis Best, Dale Davis…and I will always be thankful for Reggie for being such a nice person to me throughout these years…and I hope Reggie Miller knows that I truly love him as a human being and I would really take a bullet for the man…to me, Reggie Miller is not just a basketball player but Reggie Miller is an amazing human being who has gone through so much adversity as a young child growing up in Riverside and has turned himself into one of the greatest players in NBA History. Reggie Miller is the perfect role model and whatever job field one does, a strong work ethic is needed. The work ethic Reggie Miller brought to the team was one that I just admire in awe. I have spent thousands of dollars to go watch Reggie Miller play basketball but I do not regret it one bit. I know 10 years down the line, I will look back at all my memories that I hold on so dear and appreciate them even more. I will always be thankful for Reggie Miller and he truly will be missed. I will miss watching his boom baby’s and his clutch game which has made Reggie for who he is.

    I have extreme confidence with Ron back next season we will be clear title contenders and will win the NBA Title. I just hope sometime toward the end of next season Reggie returns and comes off the bench because it will truly be sad that Reggie Miller worked his a$$ off for 18 years to try to win an NBA Championship and it would be bittersweet for that to happen the year Reggie decides to retire. We had a great chance to win tonight’s game but it just didn’t happen…the officiating really dominated the tempo especially in the 2nd half. I have never seen such bad officiating I told one of the son’s of the referee to have his dad call the games better next time…I had such a great time in Indiana. I might move there for next season, and the Hoosiers I met were very hospitable and I truly enjoyed being at Conseco Fieldhouse. It was a great experience for me and hopefully next season I will continue pursuing my passion…Indianapolis was not as bad as I expected and I really liked it. It still has not completely hit me that we will not seeing Reggie Miller in a Pacer uniform again and just sitting down in the empty seats once the game was over I just had tears and could not believe I would not watch Pacer basketball without the GOD of the Pacers in Reggie Miller…


    Even if we had gotten swept by Miami, I really wanted to get past lace w:st="on">Detroitlace>. I have no love for the Pistons even after tonight. Some people say they have “new found respect” for the Pistons and Larry Brown. I have nothing against Larry Brown personally, but I think most coaches would give enough respect to do what he did for Reggie tonight and it made the Pistons look good in respecting Reggie as well….but for me to have “new found respect” for Detroit would have been Ben Wallace being a man and apologizing for what he did on 11/19 to ruin our season and there is one man I will never ever forgive in ruining our season, and that is David Stern. David Stern could not go deep inside his evil black heart to understand how special it would have been for Reggie for Ron to return for the playoffs and give us a legitimate opportunity to go into the NBA Finals. I don’t blame Ron, because Reggie doesn’t…this has been a long season with a lot of ups and downs and it has been an emotional rollercoaster but I am proud I was able to be a part of it and I am proud I stood with our boys throughout the thick and thin. One last time…I just want to say thank you Reginald Wayne Miller…thank you for everything you have brought to us and thank you Coach Carlisle and rest of the Pacers…every single one of them from Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O’Neal to James Jones and Eddie Gill for stepping it up and giving us a memorable playoff run. We overcame a lot of adversity throughout the season and it was sad for the season to end like this, but as Al Albert told me, it was really special for Reggie’s career to end with a shooting performance like he had tonight rather than being blown out in Detroit (I don’t know if I agree with that) but at least we will have a positive memory of Reggie’s performance in his last game ever and it was fitting it was at home. Face it…no team in the NBA would have been able to do what we did with our two best players out for so long and our 3rd and 4th best players (S. Jax and Tinsley) out for so long. I remember being at the Clippers-Pacers game with our top 10 players being out and we had to bring out guys like Tremaine Fowles, Britton Johnson, and Marcus Haislip. Jermaine was playing probably at 60% and Tinsley was still hurt and we gave them all we had…and we went out playing hard against the defending champions…but I still have no respect for them whatsoever and hope lace w:st="on">Miamilace> sweeps them. I will always look at the Detroit organization, Detroit fans, and Detroit players in a negative light for what they have done to us and for their continuous disgusting attitude…once again, thank you Reginald Wayne Miller and thank you Indiana Pacers. WE LOVE YOU.


    Always and forever,

    Sassan K. Darian




    P.S.
    One more thing…I know sometimes my comments on this forum have been “controversial” but all I ever wanted to do was be 100% supportive of our boys and I know a lot of people don’t like me calling them “haters”. I apologize if some people felt offended but I have great videos I will post in the off-season and I truly have a passionate love for the Pacers and would like if the admins would give me an opportunity to prove myself and give me an opportunity to post on PacersDigest. I will act accordingly but I feel like I should be judged upon the same set of rules everyone on the forum is judged. I will not ask for this request again if it is denied but I really have no where else to discuss enjoyable Pacer discussion and would love to have that opportunity again. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Let him back in.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    That is a good post. Truly heartfelt love expressed.

    Sassan should really get over the hate thing. It can cause all sorts of really negative health problems. The Pistons are just another NBA team competing for the title as were the Chicago Bulls, the LA Lakers....(grits teeth and breathes deep). Someday, in my lifetime, I hope, the Pacers will win a title. Then the empty feeling I have at this time each passing year will be banished forever.

    At least Ron's suspension is over.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by cramerica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let him back in.
    Yeah - give him double-secret probation and another shot.

    He never bothered me that much anyway - when he gets too off line I either don't read his posts or throw something in to wind him up a little tighter.

    Whoever it was who got banned after calling people racist for not wanting Artest back was much worse (forget who that was).
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  5. #5
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    I would also vote to let Sassan back in.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  6. #6
    Member PHC Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    471

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Awwww, bring our little buddy back!!!!

    Just kidding. I don't think that he has a permanent ban.
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson


  7. #7
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    alright...ill bite....what could someone who obviously loves the pacers do to warrant getting banned....i realize im just a newbie to this board...but reading that letter and then realizing the guy is banned is a bit odd....anybody care to give me the short version....or would everyone just assume not bring up whatever it is....

  8. #8
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,610

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    alright...ill bite....what could someone who obviously loves the pacers do to warrant getting banned....i realize im just a newbie to this board...but reading that letter and then realizing the guy is banned is a bit odd....anybody care to give me the short version....or would everyone just assume not bring up whatever it is....
    Go to the star board right now & read a thread titled "Stephen Jackson keeps it real!!!" & know that in that thread that Sassan is the most civil he has almost ever been with whoever disagree's with him.

    BTW, this was a great post by Sassan (I'm talking about the one right now). I was around when he was the 11 year old who had the multiple Reggie Miller shirts & no matter how he posted or what he said it was very obvious to everybody that this kid (at the time) loved Reggie Miller. I know last night had to be hard on him.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  9. #9
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would also vote to let Sassan back in.
    If people promise not to quote what he says I have to problem with him coming back.

  10. #10
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,247
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    I'll vote for him to come back, but I'll keep one hand on the doorknob.

    His only real problem stems from being too close to the team. He cannot accept the fact that we don't know and love the players as he does. We only know them as fans of the team. Perhaps that is as it should be for this is a place for the true fans of the team to vent, to cry, and to cheer. He can't be a true "fan" in the sense we are because he knows these guys on a personal level and therefore is not objective. He cannot relate to the team the way we do nor can we the way he does.
    If he could realize that and live with the fact that we are just fans, here to share our passion with other fans, then perhaps he could accept us for what we are and not lecture us on what we should be.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  11. #11
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go to the star board right now & read a thread titled "Stephen Jackson keeps it real!!!" & know that in that thread that Sassan is the most civil he has almost ever been with whoever disagree's with him.
    We have a winner. He goes by SJAX4Life1 in that thread (which you can read here), for those who don't know.

  12. #12

    Thumbs up Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll vote for him to come back, but I'll keep one hand on the doorknob.

    His only real problem stems from being too close to the team. He cannot accept the fact that we don't know and love the players as he does. We only know them as fans of the team. Perhaps that is as it should be for this is a place for the true fans of the team to vent, to cry, and to cheer. He can't be a true "fan" in the sense we are because he knows these guys on a personal level and therefore is not objective. He cannot relate to the team the way we do nor can we the way he does.
    If he could realize that and live with the fact that we are just fans, here to share our passion with other fans, then perhaps he could accept us for what we are and not lecture us on what we should be.

    All the more reason for sassan to come back, I don't think "being close to the team" is a problem at all. If anything sassan gives us a insider's perspective that we are all envious of. Isn't that worth something, even if he can be combative at times? The more dirt I can get on the Pacers the happier I am, I value his insight because of how close he is to the team. I'm lucky if I get to two home games a season, sooooo sure I'm jealous but I want to hear about real person experiences, so let him back!
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

  13. #13
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Sorry guys, I'm still not buying it. Trick me once shame on you, trick me 45 times shame on me.

    Sassan obviously has some very useful information due to his connections with the team. So I propose that we let him write editorial columns for all to read. He wouldn't be able interact or respond to his post, but he would be able to make large posts like the one above and then it would be up to the rest of PD to discuss it or not. This way civil Sassan can relay his thoughts to us, but name-calling, racist labeling Sassan would not be able to shine.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  14. #14
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the more reason for sassan to come back, I don't think "being close to the team" is a problem at all. If anything sassan gives us a insider's perspective that we are all envious of. Isn't that worth something, even if he can be combative at times? The more dirt I can get on the Pacers the happier I am, I value his insight because of how close he is to the team. I'm lucky if I get to two home games a season, sooooo sure I'm jealous but I want to hear about real person experiences, so let him back!
    I'd argue with you, but I'm afraid it would eventually end up with name calling and I don't want to get banned; therefore

  15. #15
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does somebody have to bash Bender in every thread?......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  16. #16
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    I'm going to be on vacation for a week or so.

    I figure if you let him back, he'll be banned again by the time I return. And this time it will be patently obvious that it had nothing to do with me and is 100% attributable to the way he talks to people that don't agree with him.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  17. #17
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Yea i like Sassan, talk to him everyday on AIM, he seems to me that he is a very classy, kind & very dedicated pacerfan.... i dont even know why he got banned. I would love for him to come back!

  18. #18
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,670

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    As much as I like the guy's posts I think he'd probably be banned again anyway. He has no love for the Pistons organization and obviously isn't a Kstat sympathizer like most posters here, so it wouldn't work.

  19. #19
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by tora tora
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I like the guy's posts I think he'd probably be banned again anyway. He has no love for the Pistons organization and obviously isn't a Kstat sympathizer like most posters here, so it wouldn't work.
    Oh then i should be banned to! Dont like the Pistons and i hate Kstat!! (j/k)

  20. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    If you don't love Kstat, you will be banned. That's just the rules. We ride together.

  21. #21
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    REPEAT!!!! REPEAT!!!! REPEAT!!!!!
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  22. #22
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea i like Sassan, talk to him everyday on AIM, he seems to me that he is a very classy, kind & very dedicated pacerfan.... i dont even know why he got banned. I would love for him to come back!

    Is that because (1) you just haven't read his posts when he makes inflamatory remarks, or (2) you think that posting style is okay in the context of a moderated forum? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I just don't understand that comment by someone who's been around for a while.

    Clearly its okay for an unmoderated forum, but there is a set of rules that are stickied at the top of the forum page and Sassan has a long history of violating those. So far, there's a one-to-one relationship between "Sassan promising to be good" and getting enough support to "let Sassan come back" with "Whoooooops, Sassan went over the line again, bye-bye."

    I think he could be a valuable member of PD if he could live with the published rules. But how many chances are we supposed to give the guy before we just assume, "He's not going to get it."

    I don't know the answer, but he's promised to be 'good' many times before without succeeding.

    And I don't know why he's so desparate to come back to a place that he keeps getting kicked out from. If I were to be kicked out, I'd find somewhere else to spend my time (like actually doing my work, but that's no fun.... )
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  23. #23
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,247
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Ya know, reading that thread has given me some pause to think again.

    He probably wouldn't like me at all because I grew up in small town Indiana and just represent my family. It's who I am, afterall I grew up as a poor backwoods farmer and I gotta represent....
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  24. #24
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,628

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Well, I don't mind having him around. I just ignore the threads when they start to go south.

    While it might be hard on the mods, what about if a thread heads toward the gutter, move it to "The Shout Box" instead of banning him? Can Sassan live with that?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  25. #25
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,008

    Default Re: Sassan's thank you to Reggie

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I don't mind having him around. I just ignore the threads when they start to go south.

    While it might be hard on the mods, what about if a thread heads toward the gutter, move it to "The Shout Box" instead of banning him? Can Sassan live with that?
    That's a good point. ...Just make it clear to him if a thread does get put in the Shout Box that he shouldn't start a new "Why was my thread moved?" post in the main forum. Of course that would be perfectly fine to start in the Shout Box IMHO.... altho once he gets an answer he has to remember he might not like it but he has to move on.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •