Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 2017 Eastern Conference Finals: (1) Boston vs. (2) Cleveland

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 Eastern Conference Finals: (1) Boston vs. (2) Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boston is young. Not necessarily a positive. The difference between 1 and 7 in the East is almost nothing. Pacers have a good big man. Boston does not
    Go check Al Horfords splits in the postseason this year instead of spewing ******** and get back to me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Go check Al Horfords splits in the postseason this year instead of spewing ******** and get back to me.
    Al horford sucks. He was useless against the cavs.
    Lifelong pacers fan

Where is the finals thread? Come on Kstats get it together.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Boston is young. Not necessarily a positive. The difference between 1 and 7 in the East is almost nothing. Pacers have a good big man. Boston does not
    Not only is Horford good, but our big man was terrible in the playoffs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

As far as why Hayward would come here the Pacers have some very strong draws.
    First coming to play with an extended PG is huge. Two top 15 players together makes the Pacers a real threat in the East. As others have noted Hayward has strong homes ties in Indy and a huge built in fan base. People complain about Myles but he provides defense and some scoring. Only going to get better. I suspect Teague would then become more likely to sign.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

8. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

has PG said he wanted to resign recently or something?

As far as why Hayward would come here the Pacers have some very strong draws.
    First coming to play with an extended PG is huge. Two top 15 players together makes the Pacers a real threat in the East. As others have noted Hayward has strong homes ties in Indy and a huge built in fan base. People complain about Myles but he provides defense and some scoring. Only going to get better. I suspect Teague would then become more likely to sign.
    You had me until the part about Turner providing defense.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    He protects the paint. He definitely provides defense.

I only got involved in this discussion when the salty pacer fans started to claim that the 42-40 Pacers were better or just as good as the top seed Celtics. Despite all the facts i've laid out (overall record, h2h, series wins).

They cherry pick silly stats like being UNDEFEATED WITH LANCE (for the final 4 games minus the Cavs of course) to back up their argument. It's really embarrassing
    Yeah...saying "we won a game and you didn't" and conveniently leaving out that Pacers lost by a combined 16 points to CLE while BOS by a combined 100 isn't cherry picking stats at all..

I love when a guy gets on another teams board and calls them all homers as he ignores stats against his team in the same sentence.

Anyways no one argues who looked better in the regular season. Some think Pacers have a better shot at the East next year than Boston because we match up better with CLE and everyone minus CLE is very beatable for any of the 2nd-8th best teams in the east in a series. I think if we all watched the playoffs with an unbiased mindset then we'd all agree the Celtics, Bulls and wizards were all pretty even teams. The Pacers, Raptors, Bucks didn't really get as much a chance to prove they're in that group but the fact Indiana hung with CLE all four games (I know we still got swept). Kind of shows we're in that group and actually that we match up ok with the Cavs. Lebron shot lights out in our series from 3 and that isn't like him as great as he is and we still played them well each game. That's something to show hey this team can be good if we get consistent.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How is it even a question that the Pacers with Hayward would be better than Celtics with Hayward? A better overall team? Definitely not. But a better matchup against the Cavs. Yes. Beating Lebron is the ultimate goal. Winning the most games in the regular season is not.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Yeah he has potential, but tends to focus more on his strength of breaking the rim with his bricks
    Lifelong pacers fan

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Yeah...saying "we won a game and you didn't" and conveniently leaving out that Pacers lost by a combined 16 points to CLE while BOS by a combined 100 isn't cherry picking stats at all..
    Let's also consider that the Celtics 1 win came off a made buzzer beater. Kudos to them for hitting the shot. I'm being serious, no sarcasm.

Sadly, we *didn't* get 1 win because we missed our potential game winning shot in Game 1. That's on us...

So yes, the Celtics didn't get swept. But we lost by a total of 16 points in the series, and Boston got absolutely obliterated with the exception of their game winner.

Our blown massive halftime lead was also a bad look. No doubt about it.

At the end of the day though, I personally THINK that despite the fact that the Pacers got swept, we played the Cavs MUCH tougher than the Celtics. I would wager that NBA fans who aren't homers for either of out teams would probably agree.

But, as has been pointed out numerous times; all we're doing is arguing over who lost better.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

has PG said he wanted to resign recently or something?

I think you know the answer to that. My point was that if Hayward says yeah I will come there but I need PG to commit also PG will sign.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    Yeah he has potential, but tends to focus more on his strength of breaking the rim with his bricks
    Myles average 15 points, 7 rebounds with 2 blocks per game shooting 51% from 2 and 35% from 3 and 81% from the free throw line. All as a 20 year old big man. He is driven to get better. He will get better. He wilted some against the Cavs. That is why veterans win titles.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

22. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Mood

Myles average 15 points, 7 rebounds with 2 blocks per game shooting 51% from 2 and 35% from 3 and 81% from the free throw line. All as a 20 year old big man. He is driven to get better. He will get better. He wilted some against the Cavs. That is why veterans win titles.
    I know he will get better, but man he looked awful toward the end of the year and I have that burned into my memory for the entire summer.
    Lifelong pacers fan

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    I know he will get better, but man he looked awful toward the end of the year and I have that burned into my memory for the entire summer.
    This coming year is huge for Myles Turner. I think if he's really going to be a franchise level talent, we will find that out this coming year. He literally will need to perform in big moments at a high level. If he doesn't do that this coming year, I doubt he ever gets it. I know he's still young...but he's had enough time to make that jump now.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I didn't say Indy had no chance. I said they have 5% of a chance, which is an honest assessment. Utah can offer him the most money, Boston can offer him the most stable future. Indiana offers him a welcome home party and lots of questions surrounding where the team is headed. If he sours on the first two then the Pacers are probably in the mix of all the teams left bidding. But they aren't going to be a priority visit on day 1.

Boston would not have gotten out of round 1 if Rondo didn't get hurt. Also Boston between IT being injured and needing surgery perhaps, plus losing Olynyk and Bradley to free agency soon as well as IT who needs an extension soon. They have a lot of questions themselves. Not to mention Horford getting older. But the big reason he'd choose Indy is it's his home. I can't see a person choosing a city they know nothing about, over their home town. Where they played college ball and where they have family ties. Especially when that city is Boston. Not L.A., NY, or even Miami.

Also Boston's pursuit of Paul George would indicate to Hayward that they know they aren't good enough. Yeah they got the #1 seed. Mostly because Cleveland chose rest over seeding near seasons end. But the Celtics had been after Butler and Paul for awhile. The Pacers meanwhile have that top 10 player already. Boston doesn't. If you're Hayward, Indy makes the most sense after Utah. The team that "wants you," has been trade-chasing the star player of the other-team that wants you. Which means they hold him in high regard. Because they believe their roster isn't good enough.

So if he goes to Boston. It will surely result in the departure of a few people. Bradley and Olynyk probably. Maybe even IT. Now as for that #1 pick. Yes, Boston will PROBABLY (unless something fluky happens like injuries, him being a bust, etc.) get a stud. The problem is, Boston has a lot of these young players to develop. It's getting crowded.... and this Summer's pick along with Jaylen Brown probably won't be fully at Gordon's level until 2 seasons from now. IF they ever get there at all. Paul and to a lesser extent Teague are ready now.

Myles is young. But Indy has a top 10 player ready to win now, an ALL-STAR point guard, and a young stud in the making. Boston's biggest star is an undersized point guard, who might require hip surgery in the off-season and...... who also watched his team compete on a higher level when he was out of the lineup. The Brad Stevens connection makes sense. But when matched against going home to play at age 26, a unique opportunity within itself. Plus having Paul George as your teammate, a legit top 10 player in the NBA. I think Indy if Gordon leaves Utah.... has a bit more than a slight advantage over Boston.

Indy and Boston both lost to Cleveland. But Boston struggled vs. Chicago in round 1. Which took Rondo getting hurt for Boston to escape that series. The Wizards series went a full 7 games. Boston was also embarrassed in a few of those games. But the way they got smoked by the Cavs in the opening two games of the ECF broke league records. That's gonna be on Gordon's mind for certain.
    Last edited by Grimp; 05-28-2017 at 07:34 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

It amazes me Grimp takes that much time to post such utter BS and untruths. Too much for me to even care to respond to point by point.

Call me crazy, but if not for Rondo injury I don't think Celts get past round 1. But they did, so thems the breaks.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Mood

It amazes me Grimp takes that much time to post such utter BS and untruths. Too much for me to even care to respond to point by point.
    Thats surprising since you are seemingly on our board 24-7 even though you dont even like the pacers
    Lifelong pacers fan

33. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

What does Indiana have to draw Gordon, other than him growing up here? He's unrestricted and can walk onto a better team that is bound to get much better with the #1 pick. Other than Paul George, who may be in LA before the summer is over, we don't have any good players. 'cept Lance of course.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia