Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I no longer hate the Pistons

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I no longer hate the Pistons

Very classy ending by the players and Larry Brown. Exactly six months later, everything has come full circle. I think we can now officially put the brawl behind us.

NotLosingButWinning

Default Re: I no longer hate the Pistons

i agree. i have a lot of respect for them and hope that we can have more hard fought series with them in the future.

I quite agree. I still do not like some Detroit fans and a few others, but I think I can say they redeemed themselves tonight.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

I still have my issues with them, their fans, and some of the players, but tonight really took the edge off the hate.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry, but I still hate Ben Wallace. And I am not to fond of the Pistons as a whole.

Any sensible team would have given a standing ovation. I have never had anything against the Pistons players. They are hard working and would love to have them on my team.

Their fans screwed up our season and I hope they suffer by the Pistons losing.

Grey

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their fans screwed up our season and I hope they suffer by the Pistons losing.
    What did I do?

They beat us, I still don't like 'em

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will add this but Carlos Arroyo gets placed on my dislike list. He wasn't applauding at all until it looked like Lindsay Hunter forced him to do what looked like a forced clap.

Sheed is like their version of Ron Artest. You seem to love him on your team but pretty much everybody else hates him.

Using the timeout was good, but I think if he didn't, the Pacers would have used infinite illegal timeouts to let the moment last.

I will praise Ben Wallace for keeping his yapp shut for the series, but he's still not a quiet leader.

Rip, Billups, and Prince are great players and have nothing against them.

I'm happy for McDyess he's getting a chance to play again.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I'll be honest. It's probably just me being vengeful, but I want the Pistons to lose either vs. Miami or against whoever they play in the finals. It would be a measure of justice that the city that ruined our chances at a title not receive one themselves. I've really got no major dislike for the players, other than Ben Wallace, but the city doesn't deserve a title after the way they behaved this season.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tay, Rip, and Chauncey seem class...Ben and Rasheed you can tie in a bag and throw off a bridge IMO. Larry Brown somewhat redeemed himself,but I still feel ike he's an opportunistic sneak. I may be wrong but the whole Philly to Detroit thing just doesn't sit right with me. I give him credit tho for saying the right things after the fight and for doing good by Reggie.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Tay, Rip, and Chauncey seem class...Ben and Rasheed you can tie in a bag and throw off a bridge IMO. Larry Brown somewhat redeemed himself,but I still feel ike he's an opportunistic sneak. I may be wrong but the whole Philly to Detroit thing just doesn't sit right with me. I give him credit tho for saying the right things after the fight and for doing good by Reggie.
    Agree 100%. Especially the first line.

I dunno about LB. Detroit was the first time he'd ever moved to a finished team - and he stayed in Philly a lot longer than I ever thought he would. Six years of AI? No wonder he wanted to get away - plus it wasn't a case of Detroit's job being available and him jumping ship - more him leaving and Detroit deciding to upgrade. Hard to argue with their choice.

That was the first time he's ever taken anything but a reclamation project. I have a hard time getting on him for that after he coached for what - 25-30 years?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

woman without a team

Tay, Rip, and Chauncey seem class...Ben and Rasheed you can tie in a bag and throw off a bridge IMO.
    And then there's Darko. I know no one watching at home saw it. I'm probably the only person at the game that noticed, but when Larry called the time out and the Pistons' team went to center court to show their respect for Reggie there was Darko standing by himself about 5 feet from the Pistons' bench. I don't think he even clapped once. In his defense maybe he thought there would be a suspension for leaving the bench.

Then after the game when everyone including the Pistons' trainer made sure to give Reggie a hug and a there was Darko, the first person into the locker room, alone and hug-less.

I agree that there was a certain amount of redemption. Brown didn't have to do that nor the Pistons. It was a great, great gesture on their part. A lot of the post game comments from the Piston players kind of choked me up. They did good!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I still want the Heat to send the Pistons home.
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

I do not take any personal satisfaction from losing to the champion. That whole thing is getting really, really old.
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

foretaz

i dont think i ever actually hated the pistons...well maybe when we are playing them, but even then im not sure hate is the appropriate word....id like to say i cant stand them....

and there are some teams that i cant stand while there are others that i can tolerate more than others....and everyone becomes that team i cant stand when they are playing the pacers....

however, i feel like i have certain opinions of players based on their actions, as well as organizations as a whole...

and to me....the pistons are an organization that i have a very hard time having too much respect for, though i would probably have a tendency to leave joe d. out of that....

tom wilsons comments immediately following the brawl will always leave such a stench for me regarding the pistons...and as long as he is involved with that organization i will have very little respect for them....

people say that what larry did was pure class...im not sure i agree with that a hundred percent....larry is not a bad guy...hes a great guy....but if a guy has class he has it when he loses....larry lacked class after they lost game 3....ben wallace has lacked class in two losses suffered at the palace this past season...i previously had tremendous respect for both people....not so much now...what larry did yesterday -was the right thing to do...and i think most wouldve done the same-especially since the game was well in hand...

if they prove they can be gracious losers as well as winners...then i might be a bit more convinced....problem is, i think it starts at the top...and with tom wilson at the top-i dont have much reason to believe things will change...it seems there is a lack of responsibility taken within that organization....this heat/pistons series should be interesting....maybe im wrong...but i certainly see a pattern....time will tell...

however, if u need an example of class....check out carlisle after the loss yesterday....many feel like the game was terribly officiated-especially in the second half....carlisle never even mentioned it or the free throw totals....he just said the better team won....and its no wonder when u take a look at who we have at the top of our organization, now is it?

Call it an extreme dislike!!!

dobermanpharaoh

My thoughts exactly! I have never been a fan of big ben,cuz I don't buy into that story that he's a big gentle giant.IMHO his fury is always just below the surface.....waiting...and when things don't go his way...look out.Some may blast me for this but I think he is somewhat a simpleton. And this is based solely on his interviews etc.,but i could be dead wrong. People have said the same thing about Ron.So back to...You can't judge a book by it's cover.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Larry Brown had any class, he wouldn't have lobbed verbal grenades at his former players, Reggie Miller and Allen Iverson the minute he quit on those teams. F Larry Brown - I'll remember him for calling out Reggie on his way out of Indy, quitting on a great Pacers team and wrecking our '97 season.

woman without a team

Considering that I never thought I'd ever be rooting for a team with Shaq on it to win I guess I must hate the Pistons.

I still hate them. But I've been known to carry a grudge for a long time. Oh, and I still hate the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    I still hate them. But I've been known to carry a grudge for a long time. Oh, and I still hate the Knicks.

ThirtyOneAndOnlyFX

Arroyo - piece of crap who wouldn't play for the Jazz.
    Rasheed - Victim mentality and has weird thing on head that scares the hell out of me
    Ben - good work ethic but talks waaayyy too much

The rest of the Pistons are respectable and classy, especially Tayshaun and Rip.