Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official Reggie is gone crying thread!

Hybrid View

3ptmiller

Default The Official Reggie is gone crying thread!

Thanks for the memories Regg! will NEVER forget you!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Official Reggie is gone crying thread!

I am still crying.

This is one of the saddest moments of my life.

3ptmiller

He sure stepped of the court with style!! HUGE game he had!!

I know. But I can't get over the fact that he is really leaving. It is hitting me really hard right now and I cant stop crying.

Im not sad , im *****ing pissed on how the refs managed to win the game for the pistons!

ONE MORE YEAR!!!!!!

Oh come on man

Forget about the ****ing refs and be happy/sad for reggie.

Yes the refs were horrible, but you know what, this is a night for remembering reggie and being sad for him leaving not complaining.

3ptmiller

Please reggie... ONE MORE YEAR

Its not gonna happen, forget it.

If Reggie comes back, then the ending to that game becomes pointless. I know that as of right now it's probably the most memorable sports moment I've ever witnessed (the most positive one). I'm sorry but that's a kickass way to go out. He got his props the way he should have, he had a big game which unfortunately we lost...but hell after the season we had we souldn't have been 2 games from the Conference Finals anyway...

ThirtyOneAndOnlyFX

Lets be real, even if we had beaten the pistons, the heat would've held their ground.

I'm just glad Reggie ended his career at Indy and the Indiana folks had the chance to show their love

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, i was in tears when the pistons came out onto the court and cheered for Reggie. class act. and if i needed another reason to hate ben wallace. HE FREAKING BLOCKS REGGIE'S 3 POINT ATTEMPT THAT COULD HAVE GIVEN HIM 30!

Shedding a few tears on the drive home tonight, I got to thinking.

I wouldn't trade my 18 years of experiencing the heroics of Reginald Wayne Miller for one NBA world championship. Growing from an 11 year old boy tailing my father to a game to a 28 year old man relishing in the joy of my hero's farewell -- the memories will warm my heart for the remainder of my life, beyond what a banner, a trophy, a ring, and a t-shirt would ever provide.

The wins, the losses, the makes, the misses, the joy, the pain, the bumps, the bruises, the grocery bags in the lower bowl, the brown curtain on the upper bowl, the late nights with Bake & Clark out west on TTV4, the long drives with Mark & Slick, the rally towels, the Reggie Miller Show, the All Star weekends, the gold medals, the brashness, the ticket stubs, the roar of the race car soundbyte, the jumpers relived through the rim and net in my backyard, the conditioning, the lawnchairs and big screen Market Street, the broken orbital, the Hicks vs the world, the choke signs, the chalk on the hands before a foul shot, the hoarse throats, the broken remote controls, the walk off jumpers, the push offs, the cuts, the floaters, the flops, the curls, the stripe, the Flo-Jos, the pinstripes, the contract squabbles, the loyalty, the re-defining of Pacer Pride, the bounce of the ball before tipoff, the hi-top fades, the balding grays, the ejections, the Superman shirts, the fishing caps, the damage to my shins from the rows in front of me at MSA, the fathers that introduced their young sons to Millertime, the fully-grown sons that returned the favor to their fathers on April 20th, the mentoring, the rejuvenation, the theatrics, the doubt, the hope, the magic, the cheers, the tears.

Every minute along the way has been rewarding and worthy of stories that fathers will tell their sons for generations to come.

May the curtain call forever ring throughout the seats of the Fieldhouse.

Thank you, #31.

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by kybjones
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I wouldn't trade my 18 years of experiencing the heroics of Reginald Wayne Miller for one NBA world championship. Growing from an 11 year old boy tailing my father to a game to a 28 year old man relishing in the joy of my hero's farewell -- the memories will warm my heart for the remainder of my life, beyond what a banner, a trophy, a ring, and a t-shirt would ever provide.

The wins, the losses, the makes, the misses, the joy, the pain, the bumps, the bruises, the grocery bags in the lower bowl, the brown curtain on the upper bowl, the late nights with Bake & Clark out west on TTV4, the long drives with Mark & Slick, the rally towels, the Reggie Miller Show, the All Star weekends, the gold medals, the brashness, the ticket stubs, the roar of the race car soundbyte, the jumpers relived through the rim and net in my backyard, the conditioning, the lawnchairs and big screen Market Street, the broken orbital, the Hicks vs the world, the choke signs, the chalk on the hands before a foul shot, the hoarse throats, the broken remote controls, the walk off jumpers, the push offs, the cuts, the floaters, the flops, the curls, the stripe, the Flo-Jos, the pinstripes, the contract squabbles, the loyalty, the re-defining of Pacer Pride, the bounce of the ball before tipoff, the hi-top fades, the balding grays, the ejections, the Superman shirts, the fishing caps, the damage to my shins from the rows in front of me at MSA, the fathers that introduced their young sons to Millertime, the fully-grown sons that returned the favor to their fathers on April 20th, the mentoring, the rejuvenation, the theatrics, the doubt, the hope, the magic, the cheers, the tears.

Every minute along the way has been rewarding and worthy of stories that fathers will tell their sons for generations to come.

Thank you, #31.
    Haha great post!!

Quote Originally Posted by kybjones

Thank you, #31.
    Excellent post kyb.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Reggie got a great farewell from everyone. I no longer hate the Detroit Pistons. Their show of respect for Miller has ended my hatred for them.

Reggie will always have a place with the Indiana Pacers franchise. If he ever decided to get into coaching, I'm more than sure a spot with Carlisle would be there, or if he wanted to do something else within basketball's limits, he would have a spot in the Indiana organization. He's earned a spot in my heart and all of yours. Thank you, Reggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    He's earned a spot in my heart and all of yours. Thank you, Reggie.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    Reggie got a great farewell from everyone. I no longer hate the Detroit Pistons. Their show of respect for Miller has ended my hatred for them.
    Me too, at least for now. Too bad their fans are still jackasses.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Me too, at least for now. Too bad their fans are still jackasses.
    I could so get over hating the Pistons (except the Wallaces) if it werent for their fans who have their heads so far up their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by 31 Forever
    I could so get over hating the Pistons (except the Wallaces) if it werent for their fans who have their heads so far up their asses.
    Who, naptownrev and so on posing as Pistons fans on RATS?
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

When he shot that last 3-pointer, I knew it was over. When Detroit came out and started clappin for him, I couldn't hold it in anymore. Now, I hardly cry for ANYTHING, but seeing Reggie walk off that court for the last time hit me hard. I'm gonna miss you soo damn much, Reggie.

p.s. Sassan was in attendance tonight. We talked for a very brief moment.
    AKA Sactolover05

There were lots of tears at Conseco tonight.

Reggie - Great game man, great game. You out played 'em all tonight. You went out with class - with all the guns a blazin'.

It'll never be quite the same with out you, bro.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

reggie31mate

I really can't express my feelings properly as I don't have the vocabulary to it, but I just want to say that Reggie Miller changed my life, made me proud to be a Pacers fan, and he'll be missed desperately! It will be hard and weird to see a Pacers team without him, he's earned a sacred place in my heart..
    Thanks for everything #31, thanks for the memories, thanks for making me the person I am today, thanks for your love of the fans, thanks for just being "Reggie", and last but not least, thanks for making me the biggest Reggie Miller fan in Europe! Period.

The thoughts you all have regarding Reggie have been really interesting to me. As most of you know, I am one of the "elder" posters on the board. Throughout my life, there have been athletes I have loved come and go - their careers seemingly a flicker. My first real taste of this kind of sadness was when the ABA Pacer players began to disappear. The reality of "my" players getting too old to play didn't seem possible.

I have paid particular attention to the younger posters' comments. All I can say is thank you. Thank you for boosting my respect for your recognition of what exactly went on here. Thank you for pushing aside all the hip-hop stars of today and understanding what Reggie represented. Adopting his attitude and philosophy of life and it's direction and preparation can carry you all very far.

The highest compliment I could possibly give Reggie is to hold him in the same regard as I do to all those players who fought to bring Championships to Indianapolis back in the day. Forget the ring, Reggie IS a champion of the highest calibre. I am truly going to miss him.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.