Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll absolutely blame the refs for this loss. Unacceptable reffing tonight.

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I'll absolutely blame the refs for this loss. Unacceptable reffing tonight.

Not just the lack of calls on our shots, but the horrendous offensive fouls to change the tide of the game. Just terrible, the NBA should be ashamed.

Default Re: I'll absolutely blame the refs for this loss. Unacceptable reffing tonight.

I think with Reggie leaving I can finally walk away from watching the NBA. Most inept league office and officials in sports, and just comical bias calls every game.

Default Re: I'll absolutely blame the refs for this loss. Unacceptable reffing tonight.

They let them come back in the 4th ****ing qtr. They called JO for everything Raweed and Buckwheat Wallace get away with. This makes me sick.

Harmonica

The refs and Tins did us in. Absolutely awful officiating.

The refs destroyed our momentum.

The reason we lost tonight is simply because the Pistons are a better team than the Pacers right now. Let us see what next year will bring...

It was terrible officiating.

I think sometime, I might cut my hobby of watching NBA, if this isn't ever going to get any better, but that'd take a lot of dedication that I don't have... so for now, I'll just enjoy it.

Edit- I don't think it's why we lost tonight, though. We clearly lost to a better team, but that doesn't change the fact that officiating in the NBA is sickening. I don't care that they miss calls, but I wish they would be consistent with their calls, to both teams.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by Mushmouth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not just the lack of calls on our shots, but the horrendous offensive fouls to change the tide of the game. Just terrible, the NBA should be ashamed.
    110% agree.... What a bad timing or what, Reggies last game and right THERE they had to give stupid calls...

Damn, such a rough game to watch. They really bent us over. From now on, when I watch the NBA, Pacers more specifically, I will watch the regular season, expecting wins, playoffs, expecting screw jobs.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Horrible tonight.....our team played there asses off only to get screwed in the 4th qtr. Only 3 fouls called on the Pistons in Q4 as they were mugging us. Disgraceful!

I'm retiring from the NBA now that Reggie has retired!!

I embarrassed myself in front of my daughter tonight screaming at the TV as we continually got ****ed in the *** in the 4th Qtr. So, I will no longer let David Stern, The NBA and its ****ed up officials ruin my life.

Signing off............................................... ..

Water

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by waterjater
    Horrible tonight.....our team played there asses off only to get screwed in the 4th qtr. Only 3 fouls called on the Pistons in Q4 as they were mugging us. Disgraceful!

I'm retiring from the NBA now that Reggie has retired!!

I embarrassed myself in front of my daughter tonight screaming at the TV as we continually got ****ed in the *** in the 4th Qtr. So, I will no longer let David Stern, The NBA and its ****ed up officials ruin my life.

Signing off............................................... ..

Water
    And just 2 posts shy of 500.

I think blaming the refs is poor sportsmanship

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    That might be the right thing to say right now, but you're ignoring the truth. I don't usually complain about officiating, but tonight was ridiculous.

Let us give credit where it is due. I don't think the officiating was bad. If you notice the officiating crew had two refs who Larry Brown has had problems with. Benett Salvatorre and Ken Mauer.

The Pistons were the better team and won because of it and not because of the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    If you notice the officiating crew had two refs who Larry Brown has had problems with. Benett Salvatorre and Ken Mauer.
    Absolutely untrue. When Larry was in Philly he had no better asset than Ken Mauer. Mauer is to Philadelphia what Bavetta is to NY.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Blaming them for a loss is, yeah.

But I think it's okay to be upset with them. Maybe they didn't decide they game, but they were very poor in the second half.

I'll agree... when referring to a player or coach directly involved in playing the game. But for those who observed as a 3rd party, I think it's fair game.

Luckily, I'm not a sportsman. I'm a biased fan who just is reporting the truth. We got JOBBED. Since I didn't play, I don't have to give the Pistons any credit. I'll leave that to the people playing. I thought games 1 and 6 were absolute work-overs by the NBA and their tendency to call games so inconsistently for two teams.

Lets just say its really awesome how Detroit manages to be the most physical team in the NBA and yet just doesn't foul. We got fouled on 2 of our shots - TWO? Then the refs just rubbed it in, calling us for tic-tac OFFENSIVE fouls, yet ol Benji only had one for the game. Isn't it awesome? Most physical guy in the league and he just doesn't foul. Amazing how he can knock over Dale Davis/Jermaine/Foster without actually touching them. I wish Jermaine could learn that trick, maybe then he wouldn't get popped for offensive fouls while trying to get position, like every other post player in the league. Funny how they just decided this series that he fouls when he establishes position.

Anyway, the bitterness hasn't worn off, and this league has run its course with me. Just pathetic officiating. Lets not limit it to this series - I haven't seen a playoff game where the officials didn't play a major factor in a LONG time.

I won't blame them, but they were really upsetting me. They made a few questionable calls, but a lot that stopped our momentum.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Well look at the title of the thread.

Well look at the title of the thread.
    Okay. Doesn't really have a whole lot to do with what I said...

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Okay. Doesn't really have a whole lot to do with what I said...
    I'll recap:

He said "blaming the refs for a loss is poor sportsmanship"
    You said "yeah, but we're not blaming them for the loss"
    He said "that's what the entire thread is about. it's in the title."

You can thank me later.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I'll recap:

He said "blaming the refs for a loss is poor sportsmanship"
    You said "yeah, but we're not blaming them for the loss"
    He said "that's what the entire thread is about. it's in the title."

You can thank me later.
    Um... sorry, but that's not what I said...

I argreed with Buck, and then tossed in my own two cents.

I never attempted to speak for anyone besides myself...

We did get some bad calls. Fouls did change the momentum of the game in the Fourth. ALso, look at the FT stats. How many times did we get to the line?
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan
    We did get some bad calls. Fouls did change the momentum of the game in the Fourth. ALso, look at the FT stats. How many times did we get to the line?

7 SEVEN!!! The Pistons won the way Larry Brown detests it. They won it by parading to the FT line for 24 freaking FTs. Larry Brown should be *****ing about how his team won. He wants players to make shots....well, the Pacers made about 6 more shots but lost.

The better team won the series, but we were the better team tonight and Reggie was the best player on the floor!!