View Poll Results: After a long and trying season, the Pacers' playoff run has left me feeling:

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frustrated

4 12.90%
  • Sad

1 3.23%
  • Confused

4 12.90%
  • Angry

0 0%
  • Resigned

3 9.68%
  • Hopeful

2 6.45%
  • Proud

16 51.61%
  • Unimpressed

1 3.23%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/19/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 6 (2nd Round)

Default Re: 05/19/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 6 (2nd Round)

AJ looks so much slower than all of the other guards.

Default Re: 05/19/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 6 (2nd Round)

Up 7 I will take it but we should be up 9, I belive we will come out and play even better in the 2nd half. This team does not want to lose this game, they will play their damn *** off to win.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Up 7 I will take it but we should be up 9, I belive we will come out and play even better in the 2nd half. This team does not want to lose this game, they will play their damn *** off to win.
    We should be up by 11-12 if JO hadn't tried to back his defender down and passed out to a wide open Reggie on the perimeter. God, I hate when he does that. Old habits die hard.

Detroit is playing damn good too... How long can the Pacers.. and Reggie keep shootin this well?

Yup Jermaine O'Neal's fault, lets all get in a circle, hold hands and blame Jermaine O'neal for everything that has gone wrong in this world.

At the half: Critical Points.......Tinsley has got to half a decent second half and play smart........Freddie could be a big factor if he becomes aggressive. Reggie needs to quit looking for fouls and just keep on hitting those shots. Lock down on defense and move the ball on O. That is all.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Yup Jermaine O'Neal's fault, lets all get in a circle, hold hands and blame Jermaine O'neal for everything that has gone wrong in this world.
    Or we can just blame him for taking fadeaway jumper after fadeaway jumper. At least he is making a few tonight. Lets hope he can sustain his good shooting

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck
    Detroit is playing damn good too... How long can the Pacers.. and Reggie keep shootin this well?
    Pistons aren't playing bad whatsoever. Pistons just couldn't hit a shot to save their lives in the first quarter.

The Pacers are playing awesome. Simply awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    Pistons aren't playing bad whatsoever. Pistons just couldn't hit a shot to save their lives in the first quarter.

The Pacers are playing awesome. Simply awesome.
    Ya well the only reason they are ahead is Reggie, in his own words, "has his legs under him tonight" 7-9fg 3-3 3pters. If he was shooting his average 29% Detroit would be up by 10

If Jack gets it going we are going to win this game.

GO NUTS, PACERS!!!!!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Burtrem Redneck
    Ya well the only reason they are ahead is Reggie, in his own words, "has his legs under him tonight" 7-9fg 3-3 3pters. If he was shooting his average 29% Detroit would be up by 10

Sad but totally true.

Reg 17 pts half.. Vintage Regggie.... now he needs help help help to close out this game... if we win today i want need must win game 7.. personally i'd rather lose here then over there for Reg's last game

WAFollman

somebody else needs to help, jo had a big 1st quarter but needs to come through when it counts the most, also tinsley, where are you?

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Post Re: 05/19/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 6 (2nd Round)

Reggie's comments at the half with Michele Tafoya:

Q: Six of eight from the floor, 3-of-4 from three point range, you haven't shot this well all series, how'd you get it back?

Reggie: "Well, I'm getting my legs underneath me a little bit, I'm taking my time. They've been showing out on a lot of screens and I'm getting pretty good looks. Hopefully we can get it going in the 2nd half like that."

Q: Jermaine O'Neal was really emotional yesterday talking about how much he wanted this for you. He's really responded. How has he done that in spite of the shoulder that's hurting him so much?

Reggie: "He's a trouper, he's a gamer. He understands that you gotta play hurt. It's not the time to be crying about shoulders or whatever. He's a real man. He's coming out and he's showing it."

Q: You guys opened up well, they went on a run, you came back with a run. How do you sustain the energy you need?

Reggie: "Well, we're going to have to. They're the world champs and they've seen this before. Every time we make a run, they always seem to be answering our punches so we gotta go on bigger runs I guess."
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

half time show excerpt... Dwayne Wade now refers to himself in the 3rd person as D-Wade

Holy cow we are shooting 57%.

James needs to get more involved, along with Jack. Fred needs a few more THUNDERDUNKS! And, of course, Reggie needs to keep shooting.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Trainspotting is on the Independent Film Channel. The guy just crapped the bed. GO PACERS!

The scariest thing to me are the following:

1. Rip Hamilton is scoring. This is not good. He is the Piston I fear the most.

2. Chauncy is scoring, he is the Piston I fear next.

3. We can't play much better and we aren't kicking their butt. I just hope we can sustain the effort.

Our help defense has to improve dramatically in the 2nd half.

HALFTIME TEAM STATISTICS
    ----------------------Pistons----------Pacers
    FG%---------------------41.5------------56.8
    3PT%--------------------20.0------------42.9
    FT%--------------------100.0------------50.0
    Turnovers----------------6---------------5
    Fast Break---------------4---------------2
    Biggest Lead-------------0--------------10
    Unanswered Pts-----------2---------------5
    Points in the Paint-----14--------------18
    Offensive Rebounds-------5---------------1
    Defensive Rebounds------13--------------17

The boys better not come out flat and lose this game or I'm gonna be really pissed after this great half by Reggie. 7-9 shooting 17pts, you can't ask more from him. For a whole game let alone a half. He hasn't even shot a FT yet.

Pacers 21-37 56.8 Boards 1-18

Pistons 17-41 41.5 Boards 5-18

We are gonna come down a little in the 2nd half as far as FG%. If we can finish the game around 49% we should be OK. Of course we need to keep the Pistons under 45% for the game.

Reggie there you go

Good hustle by DD.

Pacers caught a break on that tip out of bounds - couldn't take advantage of the 2nd possession