Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

  1. #1

    Default Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    OK, technically they aren't showing the movies until a midnight release, but it dawned on me that it will begin the end of an era (last Star Wars movie.)

    Here is to hoping it won't be the end of the Reggie era tonight.

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    The midnight releases were this past midnight, about 10 1/2 hours ago. It opens everywhere today starting in the late morning.

    Meanwhile, if you want a real bad omen, consider the fact that it's May 19. 6 months ago was November 19.

  3. #3
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Remember, Reggie's always played the villain. Today is a good day for the villain.

    Although I don't think he'll come out for warm-ups in a Darth Vader mask...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  4. #4
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Instead I bet he plays and moves like the Emporer on the court.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  5. #5
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    I'd say the bad omen was that the sun came up this morning. Actually, I'm not sure it did because it's been raining since I got up.

    We're either going to play well or we're not. I doubt the Pistons will blow chunks like they did in games 2 and 3.

  6. #6
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    No its a good Omen! It means "The pacers strike back" and the old jedi Obi Wan Kenobi (Reggie) wont let the enemy dance on the roses.. but i havent seen this Movie so maybe Darth Vader (Ben Wallace) and his clones (Pistons) maybe will prevail.. who knows!! But heck! This will be a war or what!?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No its a good Omen! It means "The pacers strike back" and the old jedi Obi Wan Kenobi (Reggie) wont let the enemy dance on the roses.. but i havent seen this Movie so maybe Darth Vader (Ben Wallace) and his clones (Pistons) maybe will prevail.. who knows!! But heck! This will be a war or what!?
    Since this movie is "Revenge of the Sith" (may be Return of Sith... too lazy to look it up) we need to hope for Reggie playing the role of Darth Vader. I'm pretty sure the Sith wins in this movie, so to follow the story line...

    REGGIE TURN TO THE DARK SIDE!

  8. #8
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No its a good Omen! It means "The pacers strike back" and the old jedi Obi Wan Kenobi (Reggie) wont let the enemy dance on the roses.. but i havent seen this Movie so maybe Darth Vader (Ben Wallace) and his clones (Pistons) maybe will prevail.. who knows!! But heck! This will be a war or what!?
    Yeah I haven't seen the movie, but Vader (Wallace, either one) wins, forms the Empire (a dynasty), and the Old Republic (Pacers basketball) crumbles. Leaving Yoda (Austin Croshere) stranded on Dagobah (the bench).
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  9. #9
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    I say the Pacers need to put the Pistons out of the playoffs to restore balance to The Force..........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  10. #10
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say the Pacers need to put the Pistons out of the playoffs to restore balance to The Force..........
    We can't they have a higher midichlorian count than we do. And their master (Larry Brown) is more wise.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  11. #11
    WEST
    Guest

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    I've never see any star wars movie so I have no clue what anyone is taking about.

  12. #12
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yoda (Austin Croshere)
    Jumpshot hit, no longer can I.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Quote Originally Posted by brichard
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since this movie is "Revenge of the Sith" (may be Return of Sith... too lazy to look it up) we need to hope for Reggie playing the role of Darth Vader. I'm pretty sure the Sith wins in this movie, so to follow the story line...

    REGGIE TURN TO THE DARK SIDE!
    But you didn't see what Obi-Wan did to Anakin/Vader. It was gruesome.

  14. #14
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Quote Originally Posted by brichard
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since this movie is "Revenge of the Sith" (may be Return of Sith... too lazy to look it up) we need to hope for Reggie playing the role of Darth Vader. I'm pretty sure the Sith wins in this movie, so to follow the story line...

    REGGIE TURN TO THE DARK SIDE!

  15. #15
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jumpshot hit, no longer can I.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  16. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #17
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    It's a good omen.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

  18. #18
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's today's comic, which is decent. I thought this one, though, was hilarious.

    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •