Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kravitz blasts Tinsley on WDFN (detroit radio).......

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Kravitz blasts Tinsley on WDFN (detroit radio).......

He called Tinsley "brain-dead," and critisized Carlisle for not putting him on a shorter leash. He said the street-baller in him takes over too often, and implied that he challenges Ben Wallace out of ego.

I think all of that is pretty unfair.

Also he said that Larry Bird would puke his guts out before having fun with an opposing player during a playoff series.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kravitz blasts Tinsley on WDFN (detroit radio).......

Well it's obvious to him because he followed Bird's career with the Celtics...oh wait he didn't.

Not sure 100%, but I remember Bird and Magic having a little bit of fun with each other even during the finals games, but don't quote me on that.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanInAZ
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it's obvious to him because he followed Bird's career with the Celtics...oh wait he didn't.

Not sure 100%, but I remember Bird and Magic having a little bit of fun with each other even during the finals games, but don't quote me on that.

Actually if somebody can find the quote from Bird in an old Star article he talked about how Rick Robey was his best friend on the team but once he was traded he had no use for him because he was no longer a Celtic.

I think that is taking it to the extreme the other way, IMO. There can be a middle ground on this & somewhere we need to strike it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Krapitz needs to swallow his pen and just stay out of the national media. Having him do anything with Indy sports is like me being the reporter of the NE Pats, although I think he hates the Pacers more than I do Tom Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Actually if somebody can find the quote from Bird in an old Star article he talked about how Rick Robey was his best friend on the team but once he was traded he had no use for him because he was no longer a Celtic.

I think that is taking it to the extreme the other way, IMO. There can be a middle ground on this & somewhere we need to strike it.
    I think I read about this in one of Larry's books. I think this is just one of those philosophy's that he has...kind of like the three year coaching rule.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I'm not sure about that story at all, but if that's true than it's petty.

I definently don't worship Bird, but I do respect how he played the game and his passion, but he wasn't exactly the biggest nice guy out there.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by brich
    I think I read about this in one of Larry's books. I think this is just one of those philosophy's that he has...kind of like the three year coaching rule.
    I think the deal with that is, he is still friends with the guy, but not before or after a game when they play each other. I know he was good friends with Joe Kleine, even after Kleine got traded, because he was gonna bring him to the Pacers when he was coach, but he didn't wanna ruin their friendship by being his superior. He said something like that in "Bird Watching."

And by the way, Kravitz is dead right about Tinsley.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg
    And by the way, Kravitz is dead right about Tinsley.
    Maybe about him being in there too long, but his personal attacks are uncalled for. There's a difference when you slam someone's decisions, and slamming them in general. Going on a Det radio and saying crap like that is below classless. If I were Tins, I'd definately pull a Jason Williams next time he tried interviewing me.

Krapitz is supposd to be on WNDE 1260 the JMV show today, not sure what time

Quote Originally Posted by Peck

That sounds cold but that is the way it should be. This is professional sports. THat is what was great about Bird. He looked at it as a job, had fun at it and was damn serious about it. His allegiance was always to the owners, city, franchise and fans. That is the way it should be.

JO and Sjax should learn that. SJax should stop socializing with players from other teams. It disgusted me to see him go and shake hands with the Pistons players after getting his *** kicked in game 5.

Chuck Daly was on AM1270 Detroit and said "In our time, we were not brought up to like your opponent, I guess it is a different world now"

I didn't hear Kravitz's comments, but last night, Tins WAS brain-dead. Maybe a bad choice of words though, although criticism is justicified in this case. BTW, I love Tins' game 90% of the time, so I'm not bashing the guy. I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    He called Tinsley "brain-dead," and critisized Carlisle for not putting him on a shorter leash. He said the street-baller in him takes over too often, and implied that he challenges Ben Wallace out of ego.
    Especially the ego part. It's quite ironic to hear Krapitz talk about someone else's ego being a problem.

Tinsley is exactly right to go right at Wallace. Just too bad that it's our 6'1" pg and not our big guys. Somebody's got to challenge him.
    I will admit it looked like he got into an ego battle with Billips. And lost.

I dont care what he says about tinsley,If it werent for Jamaal I really doubt we wouldve made it this far.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanInAZ
    Yeah, I'm not sure about that story at all, but if that's true than it's petty.

I definently don't worship Bird, but I do respect how he played the game and his passion, but he wasn't exactly the biggest nice guy out there.

But he was a WINNER! And that is all I want for MY team-the Pacers!

What's the saying, "Nice guys finish last"?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tinsley has removed nearly all the playground from his game.

Now, if Kravitz wants to question Tinsley's decision-making, I'll go along. But, last night we seemed to have an epidemic of poor decisions.

I don't know about ego, but Tinsley is either a supremely confident player, or an enormously stubborn one. The other night, hoisting up three missed 3-point shots in a row early in the game wasted 3 important possessions when we could have built a lead. Last night, he penetrated the lane, but wouldn't dish... he just kept challenging Ben.

But I think Kravitz' comments being made over the air in an opponent's city go way beyond the limit of tolerance. If I were the Pacer's brass, I'd declare Kravitz off limits to the team and the organization. You talk to Kravitz, you get a $1000 fine.

On another note, I can't say that I really have any respect for Kravitz' comments regarding basketball. I haven't seen anything particulary informative from him regarding the Pacers, and I really believe a large contingent of posters on our own forum are much more knowledgeable about the sport, its strategy and the Pacer team / players than Kravitz.

IMO, Kravitz has taken it upon himself to make so many negative comments regarding the Pacers this season because he's pissed that he missed out on his beloved hockey season.

Tinsley's the only reason we're in this series. Brain-dead? If only Jermaine was.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'll give a yummy cookie to whomever can come up with a dead icon for me. The bloodier, the better.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    I think Kravitz' comments being made over the air in an opponent's city go way beyond the limit of tolerance.
    That would be the reason Jermaine didn't talk to the local media when he was hurt and is probably why Ron hasn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    IMO, Kravitz has taken it upon himself to make so many negative comments regarding the Pacers this season because he's pissed that he missed out on his beloved hockey season.
    If he's such a hockey freak he shouldn't be wasting his time in Indiana. Think maybe Detroit would take him off our hands?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

oddly enough, he did say the pistons/pacers rivalry was never even come CLOSE to being what the Wings/Avs rivalry was. He said he missed the fact those teams would have bench-clearing brawls every other game.

Tell you what: We'll take Kravitz, you can have Drew Sharp.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Tell you what: We'll take Kravitz, you can have Drew Sharp.
    I'd take that deal. I don't care how bad whomever replaces him sucks, I can't stand the little ***** anymore.

Anybody who makes me appreciate Robin Miller deserves his own circle in hell.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Anybody who makes me appreciate Robin Miller deserves his own circle in hell.
    If you miss him that much I saw him on Speed Channel last week.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    If you miss him that much I saw him on Speed Channel last week.
    [Cartman]YEA!![/Cartman]

(runs off to watch 607)

Back when Bird was the coach he complained the Indy media was too soft. He wanted them questioning the team.

I've always felt might have a problem with Larry Bird and I am starting to wonder if some of the changes (Wells now the beat reporter... Kravitz failing to follow the "Pacer code of silence", etc) are actually something that is wanted by Bird and/or others in the organization. IOW, some of these changes in reporters and coverage are actually done with the team's blessing if not involvement.

I have no proof of any of this except Bird most certainly complained of the Indy media being too soft. That is not speculation.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I've always felt might have a problem with Larry Bird and I am starting to wonder if some of the changes (Wells now the beat reporter... Kravitz failing to follow the "Pacer code of silence", etc) are actually something that is wanted by Bird and/or others in the organization. IOW, some of these changes in reporters and coverage are actually done with the team's blessing if not involvement.

-Bball
    Wells, Kravitz, the Bunny, Robin Miller, Bill Benner. Does no one here lament the departure of the great C. Jemal Horton?