Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul George to appear on Jimmy Kimmel May 15th

Default Re: Paul George to appear on Jimmy Kimmel May 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG said "not yet" when asked if he had talked to Mamba about joining the Lakers, and then said "I love Indy though" when Kimmel talked about it being a nightmare scenario for Pacers fans. PG's tone, delivery, and responses obviously confirm that there is some serious deliberation in his head about joining the Lakers. To me, I'd go so far as to say that's where he's leaning after watching this.
    I think he was answering the question as honest as he could. It's funny all the PG loyalists & diehard fans who want him back at all costs, literally, think nothing of that interview. Yet if you look at Laker fans reactions they see right through it. People won't believe things if they don't want them to be true.

He needs to be traded this summer for the best package. All there is to it.

Go Lakers tonight

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I think he was answering the question as honest as he could. It's funny all the PG loyalists & diehard fans who want him back at all costs, literally, think nothing of that interview. Yet if you look at Laker fans reactions they see right through it. People won't believe things if they don't want them to be true.

He needs to be traded this summer for the best package. All there is to it.

Go Lakers tonight

Aside from saying "I want to be a Laker", he couldn't have made it any more obvious that he's heavily considering the Lakers, IMO. I know everyone perceives things differently, but this one was pretty obvious.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I mean all I've seen is the snippet posted here but really if that is it then some of you guys need to take a xanax or something. He did not in anyway disrespect Indiana, our fans or our franchise. I got nothing from him that said he wanted to be a Laker, what I got from him was that he loves the Black Mamba and is really looking forward to working out with him.

Sure he may want to go to L.A. but to me that interview didn't say anything one way or the other.
    Of everyone on this board, I think if there were something to be sniffed out or read between the lines, Peck would be the first to say so. Is Paul supposed to go on a comedy show and be stoic and tell Jimmy "actually, due to contract obligations, I cannot discuss details of this situation with anyone other than my agent and the Pacers organization"?? He's there to sell shoes, have a good time, and look like a cool dude, but he's really not good at building his brand, so you get this awkward laugh and open-ended discussion.

He also can't go on TV and say "Magic Johnson was guilty of tampering and what he did was shamelessly sleazy." That's just a bad business move.

I didn't expect any indication of his plans going forward, and that's what I got. No indication. He has been, and will continue to be, very vague and close to the vest. I would've loved for him to say "I'm going to retire a Pacers player," but I think we all know he's got to keep his options open and do what's best for him. I personally think he's waiting on Pritchard to show him something worth hanging around for, and we won't know what's going to happen until it does.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

This biggest thing for me was when he said, "I love Indy, it's really a hard..." Then Kimmel cuts him off.

And also when he said "Not yet" about being asked if he talked to Kobe about joining the Lakers. Wtf?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:

I don't give a fuxk anyway. We still have Myles Turner!

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    PG sucks at public speaking man. He doesn't come off as dumb or anything, nothing like that, he just doesn't have much tact, it's all in the moment stuff w/o thinking about any long term effects of stuff he says.
    Agreed. He speaks well, but there is no processing of information or filter between the brain and the mouth.
    Danger Zone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

He wants to leave, it's so obvious is not even funny, we still got space on the trade PG this summer bandwagon if some want to get in.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Obviously not. That's a worst case scenario. But Paul is the type of player and talent that you might have to be willing to take that risk.

In the NBA era, the Pacers have only had Reggie and JO and to a much smaller degree (due to the team's he was on, usually) Danny who can even sniff Paul's jockstrap when he's locked in.

And I say this as a guy who worshipped Reggie since I was a little kid.

Sure, we could become the Lakers 2.0 - some talented, young, injury prone guys who MAY end up being great. Plus a draft pick that MAY end up being great. And we would probably have a similar record to the Lakers too...

But in my opinion... We have to try to keep the best player the franchise has ever had. And yes, it may lead to catastrophe. I acknowledge that.
    I really don't get this "take the risk, because he a great player" mentality. As a GM, if my best player is giving me red flags, I'm trading him. Why would I let the team be a bottom feeder for the next 2-4 years, because I let talent walk away for nothing?

Indiana can get good players/picks for Paul George. The ONLY way I would "risk it" is there was a gentleman agreement between me and Paul George. Give me this year, keep your mouth shut, and we'll try to get a team around with people BELIEVING that you're going to stay. If doesn't work out, we do sign and trade, so you can get your money.

Real talk. It's *****ing hard to attract TOP FA talent if they think Paul George is leaving. Period. If KP strikes out this summer, blame the Golden Boy for running his mouth too damn much.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I really don't get this "take the risk, because he a great player" mentality. As a GM, if my best player is giving me red flags, I'm trading him. Why would I let the team be a bottom feeder for the next 2-4 years, because I let talent walk away for nothing?

Indiana can get good players/picks for Paul George. The ONLY way I would "risk it" is there was a gentleman agreement between me and Paul George. Give me this year, keep your mouth shut, and we'll try to get a team around with people BELIEVING that you're going to stay. If doesn't work out, we do sign and trade, so you can get your money.

Real talk. It's *****ing hard to attract TOP FA talent if they think Paul George is leaving. Period. If KP strikes out this summer, blame the Golden Boy for running his mouth too damn much.
    I agree but it's too late for the bolded part. For example - I know PG texted a former Indy exec now with another team after the series that he was gone.

Also - S&T can only be 4 year deals, not 5 years. Players don't get any financial incentive anymore to do that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Cleva For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I think you have to assume the entire exchange with Kimmel was highly scripted. Too much at stake for both sides to just leave it to off the cuff responses.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around Paul and Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

And what did we learn from this that we didn't already know? PG is being pursued by Hollywood and he likes it. Who wouldn't? He also makes a special effort to respect Indiana—that's the right (and the legal) thing to do. But where he actually goes, nobody knows, not even Paul George yet ... until he sees all his options
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around Paul and Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard

20. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    And what did we learn from this that we didn't already know? PG is being pursued by Hollywood and he likes it. Who wouldn't? He also makes a special effort to respect Indiana—that's the right (and the legal) thing to do. But where he actually goes, nobody knows, not even Paul George yet ... until he sees all his options
    2Cleva seems to have some inside knowledge on the situation.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    I agree but it's too late for the bolded part. For example - I know PG texted a former Indy exec now with another team after the series that he was gone.

Also - S&T can only be 4 year deals, not 5 years. Players don't get any financial incentive anymore to do that.
    He really texted someone that comment????

If that's true, then he needs to be traded this summer. Every time PG talks, his trade value falls. Every time his trade values falls, Indiana's chances of getting used toilet paper to getting nothing increases.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

sav

I've always disliked Jimmy Kimmel and this certainly didn't help in that respect.
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    He wants to leave, it's so obvious is not even funny, we still got space on the trade PG this summer bandwagon if some want to get in.
    I don't see how 100% of the fanbase isn't on board yet. I know everyone I socialize with was on the Trade PG bandwagon @ the deadline. It's even more clear now.

If you're holding out hope he's making All-NBA well he's not.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    He really texted someone that comment????

If that's true, then he needs to be traded this summer. Every time PG talks, his trade value falls. Every time his trade values falls, Indiana's chances of getting used toilet paper to getting nothing increases.
    You're going out of your mind over two words of a paraphrase of an unknown personal tweet that hasn't been reported because somehow it is reducing PG's trade value because he shot off his mouth?

KP was considered by PD as one of the smartest GMs in the league before he came here. Now that he is with us, he is clearly the stupidest because every other GM and and player (and pundit and fan) knows that PG has already made his decision and is lying through his teeth every time he says he hasn't - while poor moronic Pritch still thinks he can get him to re-sign.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I don't see how 100% of the fanbase isn't on board yet. I know everyone I socialize with was on the Trade PG bandwagon @ the deadline. It's even more clear now.

If you're holding out hope he's making All-NBA well he's not.
    Probably because trading PG would likely be a major step backwards for the Pacers on the floor. I'm really not looking forward to going through a rebuild. I'm getting too old for this ****.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I thought it was already common knowledge that PG is considering the Lakers, so I don't know why people are suddenly freaking out about it.

It's up to Pritchard to put the best possible team on the floor this season and let the chips fall where they may.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That video tells me nothing about where PG wants to play. IMO, he answered each question perfectly for a player in his position. He was honest but made sure to say that he loves Indy.

I get why a lot of players might want to play in or near their hometown. We didn't knock Jeff Teague for wanting to play in Indy because he grew up being a Pacers fan and we're hoping that same interest is what will motivate Gordon Hayward to come home too!

I'm happy PG is working out with Kobe this summer. If the Pacers can add a Hayward or a Milsap in free agency, having a PG who has more offensive moves in his repertoire will make the Pacers a contender.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Let him to go Lakers. As long as we get Ingram, Randle and their pick I'm fine. I'll even be okay with Teague walking. Start from scratch with Ingram, Turner, Randle and who ever we can pick up in the draft with our pick and theirs
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    If the Pacers can add a Hayward or a Milsap in free agency,
    Fantasy basketball starts back up in September/October.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    You're going out of your mind over two words of a paraphrase of an unknown personal tweet that hasn't been reported because somehow it is reducing PG's trade value because he shot off his mouth?

KP was considered by PD as one of the smartest GMs in the league before he came here. Now that he is with us, he is clearly the stupidest because every other GM and and player (and pundit and fan) knows that PG has already made his decision and is lying through his teeth every time he says he hasn't - while poor moronic Pritch still thinks he can get him to re-sign.
    Hence the reason why I said "If it's true....". Paul George's overall public image and comments is making KP's job harder than what's necessary.

Paul George has done NOTHING to kill the rumors, and I mean nothing. If anything, he's fueling the rumors appearing on the same talk show that Magic appeared 3-5 weeks before. He couldn't promote his shoes on Jimmy Fallon's show? He was "honest and being a leader" when he had to give an opinion about the team/teammates and what position he was going to play. Yet, when rumors are swirling about him going to LA, he decides to play ignorant like he doesn't know what's going on? He sure seemed like he aware when the trade deadline rumors was circulating about his ***.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 05-16-2017 at 12:01 PM.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

BornIndy07 - Yeah - heard quite a bit after the series was over. Debated posting but people tend to hate on that. Did send to a DM to one of the mods a couple hours before Bird announced he was quitting. Didn't know that was coming but did hear a lot more that I shared that day.

ksuttonjr76 - yeah he did. Like I said, former Indy FO on another team.

I Love P - Even if he makes All-NBA he probably is gone. KP was telling Bird (and others) he didn't think it was a smart business move for Indy to tie so much money up in George, especially being in a small market.

BillS - My sources weren't Twitter at all.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2Cleva For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Probably because trading PG would likely be a major step backwards for the Pacers on the floor. I'm really not looking forward to going through a rebuild. I'm getting too old for this ****.
    Trading him might be a step backwards depending on the pieces that Indiana get. Losing him for nothing WILL be a step backwards unless you're one of those people who believe in tanking for top draft picks.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    BornIndy07 - Yeah - heard quite a bit after the series was over. Debated posting but people tend to hate on that. Did send to a DM to one of the mods a couple hours before Bird announced he was quitting. Didn't know that was coming but did hear a lot more that I shared that day.

ksuttonjr76 - yeah he did. Like I said, former Indy FO on another team.

I Love P - Even if he makes All-NBA he probably is gone. KP was telling Bird (and others) he didn't think it was a smart business move for Indy to tie so much money up in George, especially being in a small market.

BillS - My sources weren't Twitter at all.
    He did? Welp, deuces to Paul George in my book.