Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Western Conference Finals: (1) Golden State vs. (2) San Antonio

Default Re: 2017 Western Conference Finals: (1) Golden State vs. (2) San Antonio

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/17/spu...eonard-injury/

A San Antonio Spurs fan has filed a lawsuit against against Zaza Pachulia and the Golden State Warriors on behalf of all Spurs season ticket holders. Juan Vazquez’s suit targets the Warriors and Pachulia because of the ankle injury suffered by Kawhi Leonard in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals.

The suit essentially claims Pachulia injured Leonard on purpose and “intentionally and maliciously invaded the landing zone of an opposing athlete, Kawhi Leonard.”

It further states that Pachulia’s actions, “devastated the quality of the Spurs’ chances of being competitive and having additional games in their home arena, both in the Western Conference Finals and also potentially in the NBA Finals.” The suit claims the injury devalued the tickets purchased by the plaintiffs.

Alfonso Kennard Jr., the lead attorney for the plaintiffs, had the following to say about the suit:

“All we are asking from the court is that this type of behavior, that can and does cause serious injury to our team and those that love it, not be allowed in San Antonio.”

Some of the plaintiffs’ demands follow:

-Judgment against defendants for a sum within the jurisdictional limits of the court for all their actual and exemplary damages in a sum determined by the trier of fact but in no event greater than $73,000.00.

-A temporary restraining order be issued without notice to defendants and that defendants and others named herein be restrained from engaging in the conduct described above.

-Such other and further relief to which plaintiffs may be justly entitled.

Vazquez is clearly a passionate fan, but this might be taking things a tad too far.

Default Re: 2017 Western Conference Finals: (1) Golden State vs. (2) San Antonio

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/19/...o-san-antonio/

Come on, really? One Spurs fan files lawsuit to keep Warriors from coming to San Antonio

Well, it is more defense then some Spurs played in Game 2.

The Golden State Warriors are about to hop on a plane and head to San Antonio for Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals. The Warriors are up 2-0 in the series, and unless Kawhi Leonard can find the sort of miracle healing usually reserved for scam artist televangelists, it’s hard to see how the Spurs come back in this series.

So a San Antonio fan/business owner filed a lawsuit, seeking a restraining order to keep Zaza Pachulia — the man who injured Leonard’s foot — and the Warriors out of town. From KSAT in San Antonio (hat tip to CBS’s Eye on Basketball).

The suit claims the injury to Kawhi Leonard has had an impact on the fans, community, season-ticket holders and those whose businesses promote the Silver and Black.

“All we are asking from the court is that this type of behavior, that can and does cause serious injury to our team and those that love it, not be allowed in San Antonio,” Alfonso Kennard, Jr., lead attorney, said.

A proud moment for that attorney, this is almost like arguing before the Supreme Court.

The Leonard injury feels like it robbed us of a good series, one that would have challenged the Warriors if not knocked them off. We’ll never really know, we only got to see Leonard on the court for 24 minutes (and while the Spurs dominated those minutes, we don’t know what the series would have been like, other than closer).

But this is frivolous. Notice I didn’t mention the name of the publicity seeker who filed this suit, that’s on purpose. There’s enough real work for the overtaxed courts in this nation to deal with without this crap.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

That sucks. I thought the Spurs was the only team to have a genuine chance against the Warriors.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Superteams now 21-0 in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Have to admit the only good thing about the Warriors winning it all is if Mike Brown is the coach and he wins a title against the team that fired him twice.

Can we explain why this is viewed so much as a travesty and not two dominating runs teams led by the best players of our generation all leading up to have a highly anticipated rubber series after splitting the last two finals?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Can we explain why this is viewed so much as a travesty and not two dominating runs teams led by the best players of our generation all leading up to have a highly anticipated rubber series after splitting the last two finals?
    LeBron is the best player of his generation

The others? Not really. Not a slight against them but they aren't on LeBron's level.

For me I don't really care about either team(although I would not hate the Cavs that much if LeBron wasn't on the team) and hard to believe but for fans of the other 28 teams in the league this isn't exactly fun.

I'm sure there were people who hated seeing the Lakers/Celtics dominate. Or the Spurs, 90s Bulls list goes on.

Great teams yeah whatever but not everyone has to like the same thing either and that should be respected. Why isn't it?

Wow they are dropping like flies

Because these teams were not built fairly through the draft and trades. I view these teams a lot like the way the players view the NBA All-Star game. Not serious competition.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's great to have you define what's fair for the rest of us...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Well, this is dirty as hell:

https://streamable.com/vobvp

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah they met the last two years. Then one of them added another top 3 player even though they don't need him at all to make the Finals, which further watered down the league. Sorry, but I'm just not impressed by the fact that a Warriors team that already won a title and 73 games before Durant are now sweeping their way through the playoffs with Durant. Of course they are. That's mind-numbingly boring entertainment to me, but to each their own. I'd rather watch paint dry.

I don't consider myself an NBA expert by any means, but I've watched enough over the years to know that a good playoffs and good Finals aren't mutually exclusive. I really don't think it's too much to ask for to want a league with competitive Conference Finals.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 05-21-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Because these teams were not built fairly through the draft and trades. I view these teams a lot like the way the players view the NBA All-Star game. Not serious competition.
    There hasn't been an NBA champion built fairly, by your definition, in my lifetime.

And none of the teams playing now, in the 2017 Conference Finals, were built fairly, by your definition, either.
    Last edited by shags; 05-21-2017 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Clarified 2017 Conference Finals.
    #DBAP

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Remember when the NBA playoffs were somewhat exciting before the finals? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Yeah, I haven't watch this thing since Game 1. Look, there are always teams favored to win, but usually at some point they are only up 2-1, 1-1, or something to the point where there is a decent chance the other team can tie up or take the lead in the series. Usually it doesn't happen, but there is generally a plausible enough chance to make the series interesting and force the superstar on the favored team to dial in. In other words, yes the favored team usually win, but also, generally their road to the finals isn't this boring. If ya'll want to keep watching what looks like the kind of basketball that's played on 2K when you're the All-Star team playing the Kings on rookie mode, enjoy yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Remember when the NBA playoffs were somewhat exciting before the finals? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Yeah, I haven't watch this thing since Game 1. Look, there are always teams favored to win, but usually at some point they are only up 2-1, 1-1, or something to the point where there is a decent chance the other team can tie up or take the lead in the series. Usually it doesn't happen, but there is generally a plausible enough chance to make the series interesting and force the superstar on the favored team to dial in. In other words, yes the favored team usually win, but also, generally their road to the finals isn't this boring. If ya'll want to keep watching what looks like the kind of basketball that's played on 2K when you're the All-Star team playing the Kings on rookie mode, enjoy yourselves.
    To be fair, the Spurs almost assuredly win Game 1 if Kawhi doesn't get hurt. So it's, at worst, 2 to 1 Golden State right now.

Golden State wins the series, but based on how San Antonio played with Leonard in Game 1, I think they probably take 2 games from the Warriors if they're healthy.
    #DBAP

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    To be fair, the Spurs almost assuredly win Game 1 if Kawhi doesn't get hurt. So it's, at worst, 2 to 1 Golden State right now.

Golden State wins the series, but based on how San Antonio played with Leonard in Game 1, I think they probably take 2 games from the Warriors if they're healthy.
    I agree. I don't blame it all on the league itself, injuries have been an unfortunate factor in these playoffs.

The blame at the end of the day falls on the players. It's all about championships and I get it. If the player doesn't win a ring he is viewed as a failure. And the fans and media have some fault in that. The only thing that is ever brought up with LeBron vs Jordan is "Jordan has 6 rings".

Other than Durant, I think GSW were built the right way. 3 starters are their picks. 5th starter a player they took a chance on. I see nothing wrong with their team

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    Other than Durant, I think GSW were built the right way. 3 starters are their picks. 5th starter a player they took a chance on. I see nothing wrong with their team
    That's why Durant is wack

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    Agreed. GS did it the right way. But without Durant they are not going to compete with the Cavs.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

I appreciate the honesty

Agreed. GS did it the right way. But without Durant they are not going to compete with the Cavs.

They've competed with the Cavs the previous 2 seasons without Durant. Adding Durant simply means they should beat the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    There hasn't been an NBA champion built fairly, by your definition, in my lifetime.

And none of the teams playing now, in the 2017 Conference Finals, were built fairly, by your definition, either.
    What...were you born yesterday? GS was a legitimate winner just a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

I appreciate the honesty
    I also appreciate the fact they aren't sandbagging. Still not watching it. But I do appreciate it.