Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Western Conference Finals: (1) Golden State vs. (2) San Antonio

Default Re: 2017 Western Conference Finals: (1) Golden State vs. (2) San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Id much much rather see Lebron or anyone outside of GS win it all.

I'd be super curious as to what they would do with that team moving forward (if anything of course). I haven't disliked a team this much since the Sprewell/Houston/Camby Knick teams
    Isn't it really just Draymond? What's not to like about the rest of their team? Who in the world hates Durant (other than OKC fans)? Those Knick teams were filled with douches. Like every player.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Default Re: 2017 Western Conference Finals: (1) Golden State vs. (2) San Antonio

Id much much rather see Lebron or anyone outside of GS win it all.

I'd be super curious as to what they would do with that team moving forward (if anything of course). I haven't disliked a team this much since the Sprewell/Houston/Camby Knick teams

The Wizards are the only team left I don't dislike but if it comes down to Warriors vs LeBron it Warriors every time.

What's there to be curious about? The Warriors have this nice window of opportunity much like the Heat did with LeBron but it comes to an end like it always does for these types of teams.

Kerr will prematurely retire due to his health issues
    Durant will go back to OKC
    Curry or Thompson will get paid and the other will go.

This is rather predictable.

Meanwhile we're still going to be stuck with LeBron which is why the Warriors bother me a lot less in comparison.

Regardless I'll be glad when this NBA season is over regardless of who wins.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Isn't it really just Draymond? What's not to like about the rest of their team? Who in the world hates Durant (other than OKC fans)? Those Knick teams were filled with douches. Like every player.
    I'll never hate another team as much as those knick teams. Ever.

Its truly bittersweet to hate them as much as I do. I admire the skill and efficiency in which they play. I also admire the way they share the ball as well as their brash arrogance.

I'm also a fan of Izzo and Michigan St. I typically love tough, brash overachievers like Draymond. But his dirty tactics and idea that hes better than what he is makes me despise him.

Most of all however was the fact that I hate how Curry was anointed in such a dramatic fashion. I get it, his shooting is something unseen in league history in terms of efficiency. He's a great guy off the court, has a great story off the court, blah blah.

But when ESPN ranked him ahead of the original Isiah Thomas in their all time player rankings, my dislike for him and that team was forever sealed lol.

Then his choke job in the finals (twice) and his wife crying about the validity of NBA refs just put the cherry on top lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

It's pretty close IMO. Curry is probably a more valuable player in today's 3 point shooting league. Zeke is probably the better overall basketball player...and better in the 80's than Curry would have been. Zeke, if I recall correctly, was a pretty good defender. Just a better overall floor game, although he wasn't a shooter.

Still, while I don't like Zeke the person, I did like the way he played the game better than Curry. I'm sure Curry would make a better coach...

Edit: in defense of Curry, he was probably never taught how to play basketball. Today's players just know how to shoot from 3 because that's the entire game now...
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 05-13-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    It's pretty close IMO. Curry is probably a more valuable player in today's 3 point shooting league. Zeke is probably the better overall basketball player...and better in the 80's than Curry would have been. Zeke, if I recall correctly, was a pretty good defender. Just a better overall floor game, although he wasn't a shooter.

Still, while I don't like Zeke the person, I did like the way he played the game better than Curry. I'm sure Curry would make a better coach...
    Perhaps I'm biased, but Zeke led teams that defeated Magic, Bird and Jordan within the playoffs. He also seemed to play his best in big moments.

Prior to 2 seasons ago, Steph was known as a very good player but was hardly even an All Star.

Now he's a Legend? Idk, seems to be a little fast for my taste.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The Wizards are the only team left I don't dislike but if it comes down to Warriors vs LeBron it Warriors every time.

What's there to be curious about? The Warriors have this nice window of opportunity much like the Heat did with LeBron but it comes to an end like it always does for these types of teams.

Kerr will prematurely retire due to his health issues
    Durant will go back to OKC
    Curry or Thompson will get paid and the other will go.

This is rather predictable.

Meanwhile we're still going to be stuck with LeBron which is why the Warriors bother me a lot less in comparison.

Regardless I'll be glad when this NBA season is over regardless of who wins.

Why would Durant go back to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Why would Durant go back to OKC?
    After LeBron went back to Cleveland I don't get why Durant going back to OKC would be that hard to believe.

Like I said the Warriors aren't going to be good for much longer based on the things I posted earlier. He signed a 2 year deal with them he's not thinking long term with them.

Then his choke job in the finals (twice) and his wife crying about the validity of NBA refs just put the cherry on top lol.

How exactly did he choke in the finals twice?

He actually won the year before why do people ignore this for some reason... while I don't think Steph is the best player in the game either he only got praise after he won a title. Its not as if they started crowning him since day one he was overlooked most of the time before that.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 05-14-2017 at 12:08 AM.

in 6
    #LanceEffect

Sports Logo

Superior Coaching vs Talent will be the story of this series.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Mike Brown factor makes this a 7 game series, but warriors in 7

13. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, that was an interesting first qtr...

It's funny how effective good low post play is against small ball. Shame that the obsession with 3 point shooting has killed it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Wow, Spurs takin' the Warriors behind the woodshed in the first quarter. Size, shooting, mobility and (perhaps most of all) defense. There's our template for an identity right there!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The Spurs switching has caused a lot of iso shots for the Warriors and the Dubs have just missed. Will be interesting to see if Brown can make the right adjustments at half.

Aldrigde is abusing on Draymond and KD...no one can't stop Lamarcus, not even Draymond

Let's go Spurs, i hate KD and the Warriors

LMA is fully exploting GS's lack of size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

Get rid of charges already. The worst play in basketball. It's basically body tripping. There can still be offensive fouls without charges

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    Get rid of charges already. The worst play in basketball. It's basically body tripping. There can still be offensive could without charges

The worst play in basketball is the guy that tries to plow over the guy in front of him without making a skilled mid range shot or hitting the open man.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

The warriors aren't ready and it's hard to blame them. They haven't played in a week and haven't had any real competition in months. And Kerr isn't around to kick them in the butt.

Spurs showing the killer instinct that we've seldom had. Kudos, Kstat, for predicting this!
    Last edited by DrFife; 05-14-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post

The worst play in basketball is the guy that tries to plow over the guy in front of him without making a skilled mid range shot or hitting the open man.
    Like I said, offensive fouls are called all the time without a defender trying to use his body to trip a player.

It's ridiculous that kids are taught to take charges instead of going for blocks.

That head fake, blow-by, and easy finish at the rim by Kawhi... can you ever remember PG making a play that smoothly. George is almost certainly the more talented player, but he lacks that certain something that you see in plays like that. Maybe it's coaching, maybe it's bball IQ, or maybe it's ego, I honestly don't know.

Spurs totally dominating. I expect GS to come back, but SA is putting on a clinic right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    Like I said, offensive fouls are called all the time without a defender trying to use his body to trip a player.

It's ridiculous that kids are taught to take charges instead of going for blocks.
    I'm fine with eliminating flopping but a charge is a fundamental play of basketball. You are entitled to your vertical plane on the floor. Period. The offensive player does not have the right to run over you.

And not all kids are tall/athletic enough to block shots. It would be stupid to have to tell every kid on the court they have to try to block everything. That's stupid basketball.

It's 44-19

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'm fine with eliminating flopping but a charge is a fundamental play of basketball. You are entitled to your vertical plane on the floor. Period. The offensive player does not have the right to run over you.

And not all kids are tall/athletic enough to block shots. It would be stupid to have to tell every kid on the court they have to try to block everything. That's stupid basketball.
    But flopping would never be eliminated from the game if charges are still in play