Thread: The Pistons are simply the better team

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The Pistons are simply the better team

I don't know what else to say. We lost control of this series when we let Detroit come back in the 4th quarter of Game 3. From that point on, we have been completely outplayed in every aspect of the game.

I still think we can take Game 6 and make this a one-game series, but the Pistons are the better team this year, and will ultimately prevail.

See you guys at Conseco on Thursday.

Default Re: The Pistons are simply the better team

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what else to say. We lost control of this series when we let Detroit come back in 4th quarter of Game 3. From that point on, we have been completely outplayed in every aspect of the game.

I still think we can take Game 6 and make this a one-game series, but the Pistons are the better team this year, and will ultimately prevail.

See you guys at Conseco on Thursday.

Well, and I can live with getting beat. When the Lakers beat us in the finals in 2000, it was clear to me how much better they were than the Pacers.

What I can't live with is playing sad basketball. I don't know how many shots I could personally make in an NBA game, but I know how many I could miss. I'm not sure we could play any worse if we were blindfolded.

I agree. Not only are they more talented than us overall, but they play like a team on both sides of the court. We only play like a team on defense, on offense we look lost.

Either Rick needs to spend next year's camp focusing on offense, or we need a few more offensive-oriented players...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I don't think there ever was a question about who had the better team. The real question has always been "who can (or will) win the series?" There was also never a question about the Pacers in this regard. The Pacers could win it. 18 million attempted 3s and turnaround jumpers is ****-poor play even if you are the dream team. Play that way, and you'll lose nearly every time.

Slightly OT: anybody else think this is what it might have felt like to be a Sacto fan over the last couple of years?

And this is the reason why I'm not so pissed we are losing. If we where playing this bad against the Celtics I swear I think I would have killed someone by now. But we are just not good enough to beat these guys when Tinsley and JO are not 100% and Ron is not playing.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    And this is the reason why I'm not so pissed we are losing. If we where playing this bad against the Celtics I swear I think I would have killed someone by now. But we are just not good enough to beat these guys when Tinsley and JO are not 100% and Ron is not playing.
    Yes, You are correct Sir!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Pistons are better, no doubt about that.

That does not explain the game tonight, but it explains why the Pistons will win this series

They won't be better next year, and that is all I look forward to
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by brichard
    Well, and I can live with getting beat. When the Lakers beat us in the finals in 2000, it was clear to me how much better they were than the Pacers.

What I can't live with is playing sad basketball. I don't know how many shots I could personally make in an NBA game, but I know how many I could miss. I'm not sure we could play any worse if we were blindfolded.

While agree with you 100% about playing sad basketball, I definitely have to wake you up from your dream of making a shot in an NBA game. If you are a regular Joe like us, I doubt you will be able to even set your feet up against the quickness in the NBA. (I do realize what you are trying to say though)

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    While agree with you 100% about playing sad basketball, I definitely have to wake you up from your dream of making a shot in an NBA game. If you are a regular Joe like us, I doubt you will be able to even set your feet up against the quickness in the NBA. (I do realize what you are trying to say though)

Hyperbole= Exaggeration for effect.

If you ever saw me play basketball, you would know there is no seriousness to me ever getting on an NBA court.

ThirtyOneAndOnlyFX

of course the pistons are the better team. They play basketball the way it should be played, and so do we, for the most part, but they just have better players.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I doubt that we can win game 6. I think we are exhausted. I see the Pistons winning game 6, and Ron's suspension, and Reggies career will be over. Im going to tape the game because it will be Reggies last game in Indiana, and I will definitley cry at the end.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bill Polian should join the pacers staff. Maybe then we will get some offense!

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    I don't think there ever was a question about who had the better team. The real question has always been "who can (or will) win the series?" There was also never a question about the Pacers in this regard. The Pacers could win it. 18 million attempted 3s and turnaround jumpers is ****-poor play even if you are the dream team. Play that way, and you'll lose nearly every time.

Slightly OT: anybody else think this is what it might have felt like to be a Sacto fan over the last couple of years?

That's why I relate to this bunch sooo damn much. Especially this year with all the injuries. It's brutal, but it makes you love your team THAT much more.
    AKA Sactolover05

Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    They won't be better next year, and that is all I look forward to

Before this series started I would have said the same thing. Now Im not to sure. Even with Artest and this team healthy can they beat Detroit. Over the past two years I've seen this team struggle to shoot 40% from the floor. I've seen our franchise player be totally outplayed by there front line. I know hes been injured but common when you have your franchise player struggle to shoot 40% over the past two years against Detroit how are we going to beat them.

We brought in Jackson for the main purpose to balance our offense and specifically to hit shots against Detroit. Well that hasn't worked out to well. This team lacks a guy who is explosive on the offensive end. They need a guy in the 4th quarter who can get hot and carry a team on his back, whether that means knocking down jumpers or getting to the free throw line, basically they need a guy like Reggie was in his prime which we don't have and thats including with Ron Artest.