Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: A place for all Pacers fans?

  1. #1
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Dude you're just not in the clique'. If you think its bad now just wait till our dark lord Hicks arrives.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  2. #2
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    is it april 1?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #3
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Take it easy, man. Everybody loves everybody around here... heck, one of our Admins even hands out Free Candy...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    I love Dale Davis.

    Well, maybe not in the way suave loves Dale davis.....but I like the guy just as well......

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #5
    PD original FireTheCoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    southport, indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by indystarreg
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought this was a place for all Pacers fans of any mindset I guess I was wrong. Probly shouldnt have posted about the redundant thread but the rest have been opinions of mine yet I am called names. Whats with this? Someone has a VALID opinion other than yours and he is a troll?


    GO PACERS


  6. #6
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,575

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Evil dark lord Hicks.




    Shhhhhh. They comin'
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  7. #7
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    No way its Sassan. He wouldn't tolerate what this guy was saying about Harrison. He would've added ISReg to his 'hater' list.

    Indystarreg, if you post like you did in reply to me in the Harrison thread, you'll be fine.

    If you post like you did at the beginning of the Harrison thread, or in va's thread, you're going to get a lot of grief.

    Guys, let's not go out of our way to prove to our IS lurkers that we're a 'clique'. That's the one valid (IMO) criticism of this place.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  8. #8
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    I agree with you on this Jay. Post intelligently and we'll stop makin fun of you, but when you just throw stuff out like you did about DH without a reason, then we are bound to get upset.

    Hey, I'm not the biggest Dale Davis fan but I don't spout off about it cuz i don't have that good of a reason. It does kill me how people who dislike Ron love Dale though.

  9. #9
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you on this Jay. Post intelligently and we'll stop makin fun of you, but when you just throw stuff out like you did about DH without a reason, then we are bound to get upset.

    Hey, I'm not the biggest Dale Davis fan but I don't spout off about it cuz i don't have that good of a reason. It does kill me how people who dislike Ron love Dale though.
    100% my feelings too Piggy!

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Guess I better go catch up on the Harrison thread, huh?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  11. #11
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    1. First of all, I think PD IS a clique. However, is that really a bad thing? It gives the place a personality. I don't recall anyone saying that nobody ELSE can join in. Certainly, sharing the same opinions as others isn't a requirement, so long as you don't get into irrational flaming. To say everyone here thinks the same way is a complete joke. The only thing people here share is at least SOME level of personal respect for their fellow poster. This isn't a country club.

    2. Someone else said this before, respect the group, and the group will respect you. The reason some people fail is because they come in here with this defeatist attitude, and at the slightest hint of adversity, they run away.

    3. To a point, I think you have to earn your respect in here. Its not even that hard to do. Just talk basketball, back up your opinions, respect the forum (mind you I didnt say you have to like the posters) and leave the trash at home.

    Take a look at the Rookie of the year candidates this year. The list was half a mile long. Those are all guys that came in here this year, paid their dues and are as much a part of PD as anyone else.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  12. #12
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take a look at the Rookie of the year candidates this year. The list was half a mile long. Those are all guys that came in here this year, paid their dues and are as much a part of PD as anyone else.
    That was touching KStat. I now truly feel loved.

    (Only if I had actually hadn't been the only one to go 0-fer on the voting. )


  13. #13
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (Only if I had actually hadn't been the only one to go 0-fer on the voting. )
    Well, you'll do better from now on. Originally, nobody read your posts because your avatar was too distracting...

    EDIT And to the new guy, you didn't get the welcome most new people get, but then you didn't start the way most people start. If you've been lurking on here for as long as you say, you'll notice that you can generally tell what somebody's going to be like in the first couple posts. Most people that stick around and become worth reading start with a basic introduction or something like that. When somebody comes in and tries to pick a fight on the first day, they're not taken seriously. We'll give all kinds of grace (you have no idea how much slack we cut Sassan and JO7), but it's got to cut both ways. As Jay said, your more recent posts were great and would be a welcome addition to this board. The first couple, though....
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  14. #14
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was touching KStat. I now truly feel loved.

    (Only if I had actually hadn't been the only one to go 0-fer on the voting. )

    Sorry man, but you went from Mrs. Boobacious to Mr. Stern in your avatar.... that's just wrong..
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way its Sassan. He wouldn't tolerate what this guy was saying about Harrison. He would've added ISReg to his 'hater' list.

    Indystarreg, if you post like you did in reply to me in the Harrison thread, you'll be fine.

    If you post like you did at the beginning of the Harrison thread, or in va's thread, you're going to get a lot of grief.

    Guys, let's not go out of our way to prove to our IS lurkers that we're a 'clique'. That's the one valid (IMO) criticism of this place.
    Give the dude a break - he's coming straight out of RATS. (This is absolutely NOT directed at you Jay)

    You may have to institute a one-week buffer period for folks coming from over there - sort of a wthdrawal period.

    Personally, he seems OK - just a little quick to take offense (though to be fair he was called chuckle head pretty quick out of the box). But if he's gonna get banned just because he thinks David Harrison is a marshmallow wrapped in toilet paper, then folks are a lot more touchy than they need to be.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  16. #16
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    My point on the 'clique' was simply that there are probably Pacers fans out there that have either felt snubbed by us or intimidated by us.

    Its okay for us to have an enjoyable community of basketball (mostly Pacers) fans that generally treat each other with respect and we all laugh together.

    But we shouldn't go out of our way to make this a difficult place for a new poster to 'break into'. That's all.

    Clearly, if the poster doesn't respect the community, they will either decide they don't like us and leave (and badmouth us) or they'll get kicked out (and probably badmouth us). But that happens.

    Back in the old days, we used to do 'welcome' threads for new members. Then 500 people joined in one weekend. I'd just like to see us get better at that.

    At one point in time, I was intimidated by Peck, of all people. But that's probably because I never drank the Dale Davis kool-aid. As an occasional lurker, I thought I'd never, ever agree with him.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  17. #17
    Member Alabama-Redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lake Guntersville, Alabama
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take it easy, man. Everybody loves everybody around here... heck, one of our Admins even hands out Free Candy...
    They pass out candy alright but it is at the playground !!

    Besides, there are only two opinions that count, mine and Btown's.

    Since we never agree on anything, it is pretty easy to pick sides and cover all subjects.


    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As an occasional lurker,
    And 5,253 posts later ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  19. #19
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And 5,253 posts later ...
    Back in the day, I meant to say....
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  20. #20
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,949

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we're a 'clique'
    Come on Jay, don't get soft on me. It's not our fault nobody else saw Peanut Butter's potential.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  21. #21
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Haven't you seen, even this new guy gave a shout to Peanut Butter.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  22. #22
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: A place for all Pacers fans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My point on the 'clique' was simply that there are probably Pacers fans out there that have either felt snubbed by us or intimidated by us.
    Heck, I probably lurked for a couple of YEARS before I started posting I was so intimidated by the collective knowledge. That was in the early 90s.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •