Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT, someone please explain to me how they do the halftime show

Default OT, someone please explain to me how they do the halftime show

I've probably seen "Quick Change" 20 maybe 25 times over the past few years, and I'm well beyond enjoying so now I want to know how they do it.

If somoene knows please PM me so we don't spoil it for the rest of you. But I really want to know because all I do now is study what they do looking for something "strange"

"Quick Change" for those of you who don't know is a halftime act where the woman changes clothes maybe 15 times.

Default Re: OT, someone please explain to me how they do the halftime show

Yeah. Beat the ***** out of me. I was pretty impressed though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

oh that was terrific. I would love an explanation on that
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

recap

I agree, I want to know how it works. Today, my wife and I were about to get up at half-time to go to the bathroom, until suddenly she said, "Oh, it's quickchange! My bladder can wait."

At this point, I don't find it that entertaining anymore, but I can't figure out how it's done.

I remember someone who sits high up (balcony) hinted that they could tell from up there how they do it. I don't remember if it was MagicRat or not.

maybe he'll have photos to show us how they do it

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Buck -

Earlier this season, my niece had about a 3 minute video clip that she took. She tried to just take video of the changes and it had 4 or 5 different changes in it, including the final change where the lady changes in a sprinkling of grafitti.

And guess what? We are still clueless.

Speaking for the guys on the forum, for those of us that had close calls with fathers as teenagers, I'll bet we all wished we had dated girls with the talents that this lady has.

Ohhh man. I couldn't beleive how it all happened. I sat up in 210, and I was looking for anything I could see that would tell me how they did it. I saw nothing!

Please explain to me as well!

That was the first time I had seen that, and it was awesome. I usually have a pretty good idea on how these things work, but I'm completely stumped on this one.

Combustable clothing?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've seen Quick Change tons of times at Pacer games and I watch them through the binoculars and I still don't have a clue how they do it. I even saw Quick Change on Oprah one day and recorded it, watched it frame by frame, and I still don't know how the fluck they do it.

I think she's a witch.

I was bored, so I tried to find out what the heck it is you guys are talking about.

This certain act, while one of the most well-known magic tricks in the USA today, is the number 1 NBA act, and I believe they are under contract to do a lot more games.

The performers names are David and Dania, I think they are maybe both Russian. Either way, they both had foriegn last names it seemed.

The girl is actually quite pretty.

They have a website up, although it appears to only be a shell as of now.

www.costumechange.com

As for earlier Vaudeville Quick Change acts, well, it seems the secrets to those are pretty well guarded also. I have no idea how they do it, although seeing it might help.

It is some form of misdirection, though, I know that much. Whatever it is you are looking for, you aren't looking in the right spot.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

The only thing I noticed yesterday is that the guy twice pulled on her clothing right before it changed.

geekman

That is a neat show. I sat in the balcony in section 226. On the 2nd to last (I think) change, she was not completely covered and we could see her change. I still don't know how she did it. One second she was in an outfit, the next it was a different color. A second is an exaggeration, it was more like a tenth of a second. *snaps fingers*. That fast. Maybe I just blinked at the wrong time and missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember someone who sits high up (balcony) hinted that they could tell from up there how they do it. I don't remember if it was MagicRat or not.

maybe he'll have photos to show us how they do it
    Wasn't me. I still haven't figured it out. The lady sitting next to me yesterday was watching with binoculars and she had no idea, either.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

The best entertainment is that dancing blond pom-pom woman who dances in the aisleway and they show on the scoreboard. She is too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by abington
    The best entertainment is that dancing blond pom-pom woman who dances in the aisleway and they show on the scoreboard. She is too much.
    I've never quite figured her out, either.......

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    man o man i wouldn't mind though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

teY dennaB toN

FRISBEE DOGS!!!!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abington
    She was right below us last night... she's uh..... quite a character.

Jay's_Wife@Section204 pointed out that everytime she shook her butt she was immediately on the center scoreboard. We were watching to see if she had memorized the Pacemates' routines or something. I think her 'Pacers spirit' just moves her.

As for Quick Change, I thought I was figuring it out, but I'm stumped again.

I think the inside of the hoops/ rings is lined with the new custumes, and obviously everythings on an easy-to-use zipper. But all that theory is thrown out the window with the confetti routine.

Is there a thread or has anybody commented on what happened over in 227/226 during the third quarter? All I really know is that the security guards got a standing ovation from about 1/4 of the arena.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

When I say I've never quite figured her out, for a few games before they ever showed her on the big screen I assumed she had a mental problem. It doesn't quite seem normal to stand in the aisle and jump up and down for the entire game.

Once they started showing her on the screen I just became confused.......

When I say I've never quite figured her out, for a few games before they ever showed her on the big screen I assumed she had a mental problem. It doesn't quite seem normal to stand in the aisle and jump up and down for the entire game.

Once they started showing her on the screen, I just became confused.......
    Ditto. I was just trying my hand at a PC answer.

woman without a team

First of all the chick with the pom-poms--if we hadn't been playing like she wouldn't have been on the jumbo tron all the time. I'm sure after game 3 Larry Brown pointed to her and told his team "If we played with that much energy we'd beat God."

Back to Quick Change: Kegboy swears he knows how she does it. He explained it to me again last night. I could see what he was getting at. I even saw it happen, but it still was like one second she was wearing the yellow and black dress and the next instant it was the one with the black and white polk-a-dots (if that's the right sequence. If not I'm sure Kegboy will correct me). For those who haven't seen the show it's like watching "Bewitched" where Samantha just wiggles her nose and she's wearing something different.

Note to Dania: Just a little constructive criticism. I'm [tactful way of saying "sick to death"] of that red, white, and blue dress at the end. It was O.K. 4 years ago, but it's time to move on. Also, your roots need to be touched up. I criticize because I care.

geekman

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    She was right below us last night... she's uh..... quite a character.

Jay's_Wife@Section204 pointed out that everytime she shook her butt she was immediately on the center scoreboard. We were watching to see if she had memorized the Pacemates' routines or something. I think her 'Pacers spirit' just moves her.

As for Quick Change, I thought I was figuring it out, but I'm stumped again.

I think the inside of the hoops/ rings is lined with the new custumes, and obviously everythings on an easy-to-use zipper. But all that theory is thrown out the window with the confetti routine.

Is there a thread or has anybody commented on what happened over in 227/226 during the third quarter? All I really know is that the security guards got a standing ovation from about 1/4 of the arena.

I was a part of that standing ovation in 226, but I never did figure out why they got kicked out. I asked a few people around us, none of them knew either. I was a few rows down from the Piston fans that were shouting during O'Neal's (I think it was O'Neal) free throws.

Well, we saw security kick out at least one (rumored to be two) people, then the security guards actually sat down right in the middle of that row of Pistons jerseys, apparently to let them know there were being watched closely for any further trouble.

Then the game resumed, and when I looked back over there I couldn't really tell if anything else was going on.

geekman

It was definitely two that got kicked out. And the security guy (big dude!) sat down and talked with a pacer fan for a few minutes. Then the game resumed and by the time I looked back he was gone. No idea how long he was there. I did see him later on near the exit, keeping an eye on that group of intruders.

woman without a team

I saw the securtity guy talking to two middle aged women who had been sitting in front of where the Piston guys had been sitting. Made me think they were using bad language that upset the women.

And before anybody goes off about fans getting kicked out for using bad language it is a part of that fan conduct thing the league came up with after 11/19. If you don't believe me ask that retarded talking logo.