Thread: Back from the game...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Back from the game...

Well, where to begin? I completely expected us to lose today, and we did. Funny thing is, I'm not really all that upset about it. But there were some observations I made today:

- We mostly lost due to our inability to hit shots, and inability to get back on the fast break. Too many missed jumpers leading to too many fast breaks on the other end. The Pistons shot better, and deserved the win today. They were clearly more aggressive than we were.

- Kstat isn't going to like this, but the officating was ATROCIOUS today. EVERY TIME the Pacers started to mount a comeback, a missed call or poor call that benefitted the Pistons drove the lead back up. There was no rhyme or reason to the calls made, other than that they seemed to favor the Pistons much more. I know Detroit is the defending champs, but they were getting these calls last season too. It's infuriating when a call on one end is not called the same on the other, especially when the plays are mere seconds apart. Why don't we get homecourt advantage against anyone?

- JO needs to start backing up his talk, or keep his mouth shut. JO had the worst double-double I've ever seen from him. He was non-existant on offense AGAIN. Give Sheed some credit, too -- JO is generally afraid to take it inside. It probably doesn't help that he usually gets hammered with no call in there, either.

- Why so little floor time for Jeff, Rick?

- Pistons fans are obnoxious. All you can do is remind them that their team is from Fort Wayne. They don't ever seem to have a comeback for that.

- Jack almost gave me flashbacks to the Prince-Reggie block from last season.

- Some Pistons fan got ejected by security in the 4th quarter, in section 205 I believe. Did anyone see what happened there?

With all that said, the better team won today. I expect this series to go 7 games, with the Pistons eventually prevailing.

Let's go back to Detroit and take Game 5.

woman without a team

Default Re: Back from the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pistons fans are obnoxious.

- Some Pistons fan got ejected by security in the 4th quarter, in section 205 I believe. Did anyone see what happened there?

With all that said, the better team won today. I expect this series to go 7 games, with the Pistons eventually prevailing.

Let's go back to Detroit and take Game 5.
    A couple fans in 227 got tossed, but I'm not sure why. The funny thing is right before they got tossed I had been thinking to myself that the Pistons fans were no where near as bad as they were last year. The Pacer fans on the other hand...

I won't bother you with everything that happened to me off, but half way through the 4th quarter I ended up literally sitting on my hands because I was seriously worried I was going to reach around the woman sitting next to me so I could slap her husband in the head.

Short thoughts on Rd 3 Game 4 . . . .

Didn't I see this mindless basketball game against Boston? Sure, we aren't hitting any of our 3's - so let's keep shooting them. BTW - nice passes to the pink elephants out there.

Laughable predictions following Sheed's 2-2 guarantee. "We'll be ready." stated Jermaine O'Neil. May I ask when JO? You know - it IS a short series. Why not follow it up with a "We're going to kick their asses on the their home floor!"

One assist and seven turnovers - enough said.

I DO NOT understand, in two series now, how the Pacers can be so completely inept in a HUGE game on the home court. We have lost 3 of our 4 home playoff games for crying out loud.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    I DO NOT understand.
    It's All About Prime Numbers, Baby!

IF we win games 5 and 7 to make it to the next round I think we should all wear t-shirts that say that. No one will understand it, but it will catch on just like the "Smits Happens" shirts did.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    It's All About Prime Numbers, Baby!

IF we win games 5 and 7 to make it to the next round I think we should all wear t-shirts that say that. No one will understand it, but it will catch on just like the "Smits Happens" shirts did.
    I'd be all for that.

Talk about PRIME TIME!

Very disappointing game. I did notice that there were people who got thrown out in that section (being in 224). Pretty much have similar sentiments as Shade. Could not hit a shot. And it wasn't like we weren't getting them either. The officials really upset me. As said, they called fouls right when we were making runs. And JO was just terrible. I don't once recalling that he even played for this team, because he just wasn't a factor.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

The thing is, over the last half of the season this really turned into a jump shooting team. When our outside shots are falling, we're succesful. When they aren't, we look like idiots. Really, game 2-3 of this series were the anomalies where we were getting good work done on the inside. Our misses from outside tonight weren't really from good defense -- they didn't NEED to play good defense outside. They just clogged up the lanes better, didn't allow Tins to drive, and we did the rest ourselves. I suspect that the result in Game 5 will also depend on how well the shots are falling and little else.