Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 252

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

  1. #176
    Member PaceKid31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    47

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What Boston doesn't know, that Nets 2018 1st is not going to be a top 3 pick. Nets will be better next year & out of the bottom 5.
    You think so? I would argue that most teams around them (Sixers, LA, Suns) will improve while Brooklyn doesn't as much in comparison. They're kind of stuck at the moment.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I think the people that may have questions about him will say wait a minute, why wasn't he more dominant at Fresno State? He's a maturing player, a guy that's figuring it out and you know when you're considering drafting guys that have been freshman and all that stuff. He's got the potential to get better and better and better." - Jay Bilas on PG on draft night.

  2. #177

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceKid31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think so? I would argue that most teams around them (Sixers, LA, Suns) will improve while Brooklyn doesn't as much in comparison. They're kind of stuck at the moment.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Jeremy Lin plays a full season then yes. Their players will improve, LeVert/Hollis-Jefferson/Kilpatrick are 3 good young players who should take a step forward. I like Trevor Booker/Acy/Harris/Hamilton. They've got Brook Lopez of course. That will have cap space to be a player, likely overspending for KCP from Detroit. They also have 2 first round picks @ #22 & #27. They've shown they're able to find talent late in the 1st round. But again Jeremy Lin is the player that runs that team. Yea laugh all you want about Jeremy Lin but they won early with him & late with him while he played.

    Also, after giving Boston the #1 pick this year I think they'll be a little more motivated next season to spoil that pick. Sixers/LA/Suns have their picks so they'll be happy with another ****** season.

    I won a bet on Brooklyn this season. I put $750 on them winning less than 21 games, it paid $1150 if they won 20 games or less. They won 20. I paid close attention all year to that team. Watched BKN as close as Indy this year.
    Last edited by I Love P; 05-17-2017 at 06:06 PM.

  3. #178

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    PG wants to win. He's also said he would resign with Indiana*. If Paul George goes to Boston, is loved***, and they win****, he will resign. Why the hell would he leave a storied franchise where he's *winning* to go play for a losing Lakers team? You can say he's a 1-year rental but if you win with him he's gonna stay. Promise.

    Remember his quotes about the Celtics & their chemistry when the Pacers lost to Boston earlier this year in Boston?

  4. #179
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Later that season:
    Ainge: "Damn, we're not good enough to beat that Cavs. Should have traded for PG. This year is a waste now!"
    "Oh no, how will we ever stay competitive with multiple top-3 picks on our roster!"

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #180
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG wants to win. He's also said he would resign with Indiana*. If Paul George goes to Boston, is loved***, and they win****, he will resign. Why the hell would he leave a storied franchise where he's *winning* to go play for a losing Lakers team? You can say he's a 1-year rental but if you win with him he's gonna stay. Promise
    promise? Well then. I was going to say that's a ridiculous risk to take, but since you promised!

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  6. #181
    Member PaceKid31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    47

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Jeremy Lin plays a full season then yes. Their players will improve, LeVert/Hollis-Jefferson/Kilpatrick are 3 good young players who should take a step forward. I like Trevor Booker/Acy/Harris/Hamilton. They've got Brook Lopez of course. That will have cap space to be a player, likely overspending for KCP from Detroit. They also have 2 first round picks @ #22 & #27. They've shown they're able to find talent late in the 1st round. But again Jeremy Lin is the player that runs that team. Yea laugh all you want about Jeremy Lin but they won early with him & late with him while he played.

    Also, after giving Boston the #1 pick this year I think they'll be a little more motivated next season to spoil that pick. Sixers/LA/Suns have their picks so they'll be happy with another ****** season.

    I won a bet on Brooklyn this season. I put $750 on them winning less than 21 games, it paid $1150 if they won 20 games or less. They won 20. I paid close attention all year to that team. Watched BKN as close as Indy this year.
    First off, I love that bet. Well done. Secondly, I can understand a team with young talent meshing more next year. It's just hard for me to hop on board them being much better considering they have no clear direction. That's why I would still list them as a bottom 4 team.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I think the people that may have questions about him will say wait a minute, why wasn't he more dominant at Fresno State? He's a maturing player, a guy that's figuring it out and you know when you're considering drafting guys that have been freshman and all that stuff. He's got the potential to get better and better and better." - Jay Bilas on PG on draft night.

  7. #182
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,093

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They aren't good enough WITH PG. So not only do they lose their assets they lose PG.

    So what is the point then?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  8. #183
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what is the point then?
    There is none. Ainge isn't trading for Paul George unless you basically give him away.

    Every team not named the Lakers has no incentive to give up valued assets for him. I said before the deadline that his value was going to drop because instead of 2 playoff runs with Paul George, the Pacers are going to be able to guarantee just one. They should have been more proactive back in February.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-17-2017 at 06:22 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  10. #184
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,922

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what is the point then?
    Keep their assets. Add a free one in Hayward. Be ready to take over the East when the young guys mature

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:


  12. #185
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,500

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keep their assets. Add a free one in Hayward. Be ready to take over the East when the young guys mature
    I applaud the confidence of Celtics fans re: luring Gordon Hayward. It's like a foregone conclusion at this point.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  14. #186

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Hayward going back to Indiana. He told me

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:


  16. #187
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    34,874

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh come on now. Nobody was going to give up first round picks for any of those guys.
    Not a top 10 first round pick but a late 1st round pick and maybe a young player for sure but instead we got nothing.

    Note Pacers got 2 young players for broken down Granger, they could have got more than that for him if they didn't wait that long.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  18. #188
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    5,653

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hayward going back to Indiana. He told me
    Go back to sleep. Maybe you'll have that same dream again.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  20. #189
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,680

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is none. Ainge isn't trading for Paul George unless you basically give him away.

    Every team not named the Lakers has no incentive to give up valued assets for him. I said before the deadline that his value was going to drop because instead of 2 playoff runs with Paul George, the Pacers are going to be able to guarantee just one. They should have been more proactive back in February.
    You don't trade Paul George unless you're confident you can't give him the contending unit that he wants. The fact that he wasn't traded and Pritchard was promoted. Indicates that they have a plan.

  21. #190
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,680

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one where they made it yo the ECF.

    Coulda, shoulda, woulda doesn't mean anything.
    It's a valid argument. They were in an 0-2 hole before Rondo went down. I'd also add that GSW will advance to the Finals because Kwahi got hurt. They were getting smacked when he was playing on an 85% healthy ankle. I would make the argument that had Kwahi went down late in the 3rd quarter or early in the fourth.... this is a 1 - 1 series right now.

  22. #191
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't trade Paul George unless you're confident you can't give him the contending unit that he wants. The fact that he wasn't traded and Pritchard was promoted. Indicates that they have a plan.
    No, it indicated Bird wasn't willing to trade him and Pritchard is.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  24. #192
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,680

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, it indicated Bird wasn't willing to trade him and Pritchard is.
    That would be foolish. No one is gonna willingly lineup for a firing squad. And trust me, if KP trades Paul he can pretty much kiss the fan base goodbye. Especially if someone like Lonzo Ball ends up in Indy. Attendance will drop, season ticket holders will crater, local t.v. ratings will as well. Most of it will be due to rage against Larry for creating this situation. The rest will be because KP failed to make moves, and then dealt a fan favorite franchise player. Indy isn't New York. Knicks fans are happy to attend Knicks games even with a bad roster because it's MSG. The history, celebrity row and all that stuff. But in Indy you will see a major fan revolt.

  25. #193
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be foolish. No one is gonna willingly lineup for a firing squad. And trust me, if KP trades Paul he can pretty much kiss the fan base goodbye. Especially if someone like Lonzo Ball ends up in Indy. Attendance will drop, season ticket holders will crater, local t.v. ratings will as well. Most of it will be due to rage against Larry for creating this situation. The rest will be because KP failed to make moves, and then dealt a fan favorite franchise player. Indy isn't New York. Knicks fans are happy to attend Knicks games even with a bad roster because it's MSG. The history, celebrity row and all that stuff. But in Indy you will see a major fan revolt.
    You know what will make pacers fans angrier? If george isn't traded and leaves Indiana for nothing next year. And I'm sure some of that would be directed at George but the fact is he gave the Pacers plenty of time to cash him out.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  26. #194
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,680

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what will make pacers fans angrier? If george isn't traded and leaves Indiana for nothing next year. And I'm sure some of that would be directed at George but the fact is he gave the Pacers plenty of time to cash him out.
    Nah it'd be about the same. It still means the FO screwed up. Which means fans with withhold money and attendance of games either way. Also if Simon is gonna sell the team. I doubt any potential buyers are gonna be wowed by a guy like Fultz on the roster as a core piece.

  27. #195
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah it'd be about the same. It still means the FO screwed up. Which means fans with withhold money and attendance of games either way. Also if Simon is gonna sell the team. I doubt any potential buyers are gonna be wowed by a guy like Fultz on the roster as a core piece.
    Well, the difference is in one scenario you have multiple valued assets to rebuild with and the other scenario you have nothing.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  29. #196
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,680

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, the difference is in one scenario you have multiple valued assets to rebuild with and the other scenario you have nothing.
    Fans aren't in the asset business though. Teams may be. But fans are gonna say "great, call us in 8 years." Er go, you end up with empty seats for days. Until 2025 when MAYBE, these assets come into full maturity. But by then the fans could've moved on to another team or even sport. There is no Lebron James or Steph Curry in this draft. I doubt Pacer fans are gonna fall in love with Lonzo Ball, Fultz or Jackson on the level of how they feel about PG now.

    Not to mention the team Paul lands on should he get traded will just convince current believers or fence-sitters on the subject, that the NBA is indeed fixed. Between the media people pushing Paul to Los Angeles, and those same media people having key votes for his All NBA extension... people are gonna put 2 and 2 together quite easily.

  30. #197
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fans aren't in the asset business though.
    You're right. Fans don't get to make decisions for an NBA franchise. Adults are supported to be in charge of that.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  31. #198
    Member rousea24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Age
    37
    Posts
    163

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what podcast you're listening to but the Celtics decision on what to do with the pick has nothing to do with the Cavs series.

    Again, They are making the pick and taking Fultz. Zero point Zero chance they trade it for George.
    Do you work in Boston's front office? You certainly act like you do. There's certainly more than a zero percent chance Boston trades the #1 pick for PG, Butler or someone else. To think otherwise is being ignorant.
    "In 49 states it's just basketball ... but this is Indiana."

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to rousea24 For This Useful Post:


  33. #199
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Wow, this thread is a depressing read. The Pacers as a franchise seem ****ed right now.

  34. #200
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,976

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fans aren't in the asset business though. Teams may be. But fans are gonna say "great, call us in 8 years." Er go, you end up with empty seats for days. Until 2025 when MAYBE, these assets come into full maturity. But by then the fans could've moved on to another team or even sport. There is no Lebron James or Steph Curry in this draft. I doubt Pacer fans are gonna fall in love with Lonzo Ball, Fultz or Jackson on the level of how they feel about PG now.

    Not to mention the team Paul lands on should he get traded will just convince current believers or fence-sitters on the subject, that the NBA is indeed fixed. Between the media people pushing Paul to Los Angeles, and those same media people having key votes for his All NBA extension... people are gonna put 2 and 2 together quite easily.
    I disagree. They can root for PG for one more year, but they'll be rooting for no one the following year if he walks. If you trade him and get valuable pieces, then fans can root for the future. The trade only backfires if they trade for someone completely asinine like Javelle McGee.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •