Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, the picks should be the ante, and teams would just add to the pot. If Bird was still in charge, talks wouldn't even begin without the picks. Of course, that goes against the idea that he wouldn't want to trade George in the first place.
    They are logical offers. I don't believe they will take place but for reasons other than thinking they are unreasonable for us. I've just seen PD go nuts treating rumors as fact when nothing happens - though usually it is more of the "GM did nothing and talked to no one" variety, I suspect this year will be more on the lines of "GM was too stupid to take an offer that way overvalues PG".
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Rather have Ball than Fultz. If we're trading PG for Fultz I would rather look at other packages like proven players in the league. If I'm Boston I would take Ball or trade it for Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Ainge has already shown he's willing to mortgage the future to win now. And last time, it worked.
    1) KG agreed to an extension with Boston BEFORE Danny accepted the deal. Paul is not doing that.
    2) If the Celtics win the lottery that year or finish second Danny said he would have taken Durant and not traded for Ray.
    3) The C's can sign Hayward without giving up a single asset in July. No he's not PG but he fits the system better.
    4) Celtics have the Nets number 1 next year and the Clippers/Griz in 19. There's something to be said about building through the draft and keeping cap flexibility. Look at the situation they're in now. That's how you rebuild not by going "all in".

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    1) KG agreed to an extension with Boston BEFORE Danny accepted the deal. Paul is not doing that.
    2) If the Celtics win the lottery that year or finish second Danny said he would have taken Durant and not traded for Ray.
    3) The C's can sign Hayward without giving up a single asset in July. No he's not PG but he fits the system better.
    4) Celtics have the Nets number 1 next year and the Clippers/Griz in 19. There's something to be said about building through the draft and keeping cap flexibility. Look at the situation they're in now. That's how you rebuild not by going "all in".
    Yes, those are additional factors that could affect Indiana trade talks. Real talk...if LA decides to wait for next summer, AND Boston decides they could get equally further in the playoffs with Hayward or Butler, then Indiana is royally screwed. To my knowledge, no other team will take the risk of a one-year rental, and I don't believe KP can create a title contending team overnight.

The beauty of social media is that Indiana could "scare" LA into making a move sooner rather than later. It's dishonest, but whatever works .

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

This is a big one to me. As talented as Paul is, I don't think he is as good a fit for Boston as some other players (for examples only: Hayward or Butler). I also think guys like Hayward or Butler are more "team oriented" for lack of another term. That isn't to imply selfishness, but just more willing to share the spotlight I guess.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This is a big one to me. As talented as Paul is, I don't think he is as good a fit for Boston as some other players (for examples only: Hayward or Butler). I also think guys like Hayward or Butler are more "team oriented" for lack of another term. That isn't to imply selfishness, but just more willing to share the spotlight I guess.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Let Boston figure out what level of a "team player" Paul George is on their own. Now, you're just making too much sense.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know this is a bit out there, but in my mind this is actually a very realistic trade. PG to Boston for Jaylen Brown and Brooklyn's 2018 first rounder. Thoughts?
    "I think the people that may have questions about him will say wait a minute, why wasn't he more dominant at Fresno State? He's a maturing player, a guy that's figuring it out and you know when you're considering drafting guys that have been freshman and all that stuff. He's got the potential to get better and better and better." - Jay Bilas on PG on draft night.

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by PaceKid31 View Post
    I know this is a bit out there, but in my mind this is actually a very realistic trade. PG to Boston for Jaylen Brown and Brooklyn's 2018 first rounder. Thoughts?
    If.......and to me it is a big if.....a trade with Boston were to be done, I would want Crowder to be a part of it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Good time to point out Celtics got the number 1 pick because they had the nuts to trade two all time Celtics for picks and pieces once they knew they were not going anywhere, I bet Larry would have never done that in a million years, hell he didn't do it with Granger(when he had value), or Hibbert or West.

Must be nice to have a GM who does what is best for the franchise.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Good time to point out Celtics got the number 1 pick because they had the nuts to trade two all time Celtics for picks and pieces once they knew they were not going anywhere, I bet Larry would have never done that in a million years, hell he didn't do it with Granger(when he had value), or Hibbert or West.

Oh come on now. Nobody was going to give up first round picks for any of those guys.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

LMAO! Shots fired! How long did you hold that bullet in the chamber before shooting?

Mood

Nuts my A$$....The players wanted out so they could avoid a rebuild...At that point, he was doing the players a favor in moving them somewhere they felt they could be successful...If Paul came to Larry and said...I want out, see what you can get....The deals would've been flyin' in hand over fist....

On the night Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett were traded, all of the speculation circulated around whether Garnett would be willing to waive his no-trade clause.

Pierce was aware of all of the rumors surrounding a possible trade to the Brooklyn Nets and decided to do something.

"That's when I made the call [to Garnett]," Pierce said, according to CSNNewEngland.com.

Pierce's reason for wanting out of Boston matched that of new Clippers coach Doc Rivers—neither wanted to encounter a rebuilding at this stage of their career.

"Like I said over the last couple of years, it would be tough to go back to an environment that wasn't trying to win a championship," Pierce said. "When you get that taste of success ... you don't want to go backwards. That's how I felt. I think Doc [Rivers] felt the same way. Kevin [Garnett] felt the same way. That's why we all put ourselves in these situations where we could try and win."
    Source: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...deron-williams
    Last edited by ejwallace; 05-17-2017 at 01:59 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I think it's silly to think that PG wouldn't sign long term in Boston especially after this season they are having. The whole "He only wants to be in LA" thing is way overblown IMO.
    What season? The one where they should've lost to the Bulls in round one? The one where it took them 7 games to beat Washington? And you could argue if game #7 was in Washington instead of Boston they would've lost that series.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If.......and to me it is a big if.....a trade with Boston were to be done, I would want Crowder to be a part of it.
    Interesting... Don't get me wrong, I love Crowder, but if I'm making a trade building for the future, I'm taking the 20-year-old over Crowder. That's just my opinion, I think Crowder has reached his peak whereas Brown still has untapped potential.
    "I think the people that may have questions about him will say wait a minute, why wasn't he more dominant at Fresno State? He's a maturing player, a guy that's figuring it out and you know when you're considering drafting guys that have been freshman and all that stuff. He's got the potential to get better and better and better." - Jay Bilas on PG on draft night.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    What season? The one where they should've lost to the Bulls in round one? The one where it took them 7 games to beat Washington? And you could argue if game #7 was in Washington instead of Boston they would've lost that series.
    The one where they made it yo the ECF.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda doesn't mean anything.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    The one where they made it yo the ECF.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda doesn't mean anything.
    Grimp doesn't understand much about how sports work. He lives in a constant state of NBA 2K.

Interesting... Don't get me wrong, I love Crowder, but if I'm making a trade building for the future, I'm taking the 20-year-old over Crowder. That's just my opinion, I think Crowder has reached his peak whereas Brown still has untapped potential.
    Well heck then, let's just take them both.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well heck then, let's just take them both.
    If only, if only! I actually see this being a realistic trade that could potentially happen though as that Brooklyn pick likely doesn't hold as much value to Boston seeing as it isn't a guaranteed No. 1, but who are we kidding Brooklyn isn't doing anything next year.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceKid31 For This Useful Post:

I agree I would want Brown, the 2018 first AND Marcus Smart.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I agree I would want Brown, the 2018 first AND Marcus Smart.
    Pritchard: I want Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, and the Nets 2018 first.
    Ainge: So you want me to give up three first round picks for one season of PG?
    Pritchard: Yes.
    Ainge: Enjoy PG's final 82 games as a Pacer. Click.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have such a hard time with PG's value. Cousins trade should be used as a bottom-end comp I'd think considering his attitude issues.

SAC got a prospect, lottery pick, and 2 vets.

I'd think something like prospect, high pick, and vet is the value teams would give up. Insert two prospects instead of a pick if you'd like but that seems to be the value.

Unless there is a bidding war I doubt we get 3 solid pieces and more than likely we only get 2. If we play our cards wrong on PG we may only get 1 piece.

Undefeated

Pritchard: I want Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, and the Nets 2018 first.
    Ainge: So you want me to give up three first round picks for one season of PG?
    Pritchard: Yes.
    Ainge: Enjoy PG's final 82 games as a Pacer. Click.
    Later that season:
    Ainge: "Damn, we're not good enough to beat that Cavs. Should have traded for PG. This year is a waste now!"
    Danger Zone

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    Later that season:
    Ainge: "Damn, we're not good enough to beat that Cavs. Should have traded for PG. This year is a waste now!"
    They aren't good enough WITH PG. So not only do they lose their assets they lose PG.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

What Boston doesn't know, that Nets 2018 1st is not going to be a top 3 pick. Nets will be better next year & out of the bottom 5.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post: