Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First I don't think the Pacer are going to move Paul George but if they were just the #1 pick wouldn't get it done. Any trade for Paul would require his willingness to stay with that team and in that case it takes a lot more than a top pick to get him. The Pacers would get more for Paul than the Wolves did for Love.
    Green font?

If George had 3 years left on his instead of one, you may have a point. As it stands his value isn't that high. You can't look at it as a matter of, "he's better than Kevin Love, therefore he's worth more than the #1 pick."

Love got dealt for #1 because the Cavs happened to have #1. No one else in the top 5 was offering their pick for him. If the Cavs had #4 or #5 he would have been dealt for those picks.

I can understand not wanting to trade him and just hoping he'll re-sign, but if you trade him, you'll take the #2 from LA and be grateful they landed that high. No one else in the top 5 is going to offer their pick for one season of Paul George. Boston is definitely off the table.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Lonzo Ball is going to the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    Lonzo Ball is going to the Lakers
    Lonzo ball isn't GM of the Lakers. It may boil down to how much Magic like Lonzo ball vs. Paul George.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Give me Russell, Ingram, and Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    Give me Russell, Ingram, and Randle.
    If the Lakers got Paul George without giving up a draft pick I would be irate if I were in Indiana.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My forecast is this:

PG traded to the Lakers for Ingram and Clarkson

Lakers trade with Philly for their pick. They send Nance and Russell and a future 1st.

Lakers send Philly pick to Indy.

Lakers get Ball and George.

Indy gets top 3 pick and two young guys to build around.

Philly keeps doing what they do.

Give me Ingram pick and whoever for PG.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This bodes well for the Pacers. IMO there is a pretty good chance PG gets traded before the draft, and the two most likely places were (are) Boston and LA. I'd be happy with either of those picks as part of a package.
    I'm listening to a podcast right now that's debating that very topic about Indiana being the biggest indirect winners. Boston geting #1 while LA getting # 2 basically puts them in a bidding war with each other for Paul George. Depending how the Celtics/Cavs series go, it could be the determining factor. Paul George is better than any Top # 5 player in the draft. LA might pull the trade this year to acquire Paul George now to prevent Boston from getting Paul George and tasting what it's like to be in the ECF again. Boston might pull the trigger, because Paul George is arguably THE best player to go toe-to-toe with Lebron James. Some people think Boston won't do it for a one-year rental of Paul George. I've made this statement before, and I still stand behind it. I REALLY don't see Paul George leaving Boston if he can get a ring "easily" in the next 1 (yes, as soon as next year) to 3 years. If Paul George leaves Boston for the sake of playing for LA, then he must have acquired Lance Stephenson agent by mistake.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I'm listening to a podcast right now that's debating that very topic about Indiana being the biggest indirect winners. Boston geting #1 while LA getting # 2 basically puts them in a bidding war with each other for Paul George. Depending how the Celtics/Cavs series go, it could be the determining factor. Paul George is better than any Top # 5 player in the draft. LA might pull the trade this year to acquire Paul George now to prevent Boston from getting Paul George and tasting what it's like to be in the ECF again. Boston might pull the trigger, because Paul George is arguably THE best player to go toe-to-toe with Lebron James. Some people think Boston won't do it for a one-year rental of Paul George. I've made this statement before, and I still stand behind it. I REALLY don't see Paul George leaving Boston if he can get a ring "easily" in the next 1 (yes, as soon as next year) to 3 years. If Paul George leaves Boston for the sake of playing for LA, then he must have acquired Lance Stephenson agent by mistake.
    I don't know what podcast you're listening to but the Celtics decision on what to do with the pick has nothing to do with the Cavs series.

Again, They are making the pick and taking Fultz. Zero point Zero chance they trade it for George.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

I would be shocked if the Celtics even floated the idea of trading the #1 pick for Paul George. There's no point. They aren't in a win-now situation and Fultz is massively talented and far younger and cheaper.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I don't know what podcast you're listening to but the Celtics decision on what to do with the pick has nothing to do with the Cavs series.

Again, They are making the pick and taking Fultz. Zero point Zero chance they trade it for George.
    Boston would be insane not to think about trading for PG. They wouldn't really have to give up much from a team that made the ECF, and then they would add PG. The Celtics right now are not even close to the talent level of Cleveland, but they are deep and they have probably the 2nd best coach in the league. You add PG to that mix and they are an instant contender. If you don't add PG then you likely will be a second-rate wanna be Cleveland again next year.
    Danger Zone

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I would be shocked if the Celtics even floated the idea of trading the #1 pick for Paul George. There's no point. They aren't in a win-now situation and Fultz is massively talented and far younger and cheaper.
    This makes no sense to me at all. Of course they are in win now. If you are playing in a conference finals and you can make you team substantially better for next year, you look long and hard at that option. Fultz won't do crap to take them to the finals next year.
    Danger Zone

Boston would be insane not to think about trading for PG. They wouldn't really have to give up much from a team that made the ECF, and then they would add PG. The Celtics right now are not even close to the talent level of Cleveland, but they are deep and they have probably the 2nd best coach in the league. You add PG to that mix and they are an instant contender. If you don't add PG then you likely will be a second-rate wanna be Cleveland again next year.
    I think they'd be insane to deal the #1 pick for one season of Paul George. That's sheer stupidity.

This makes no sense to me at all. Of course they are in win now. If you are playing in a conference finals and you can make you team substantially better for next year, you look long and hard at that option. Fultz won't do crap to take them to the finals next year.
    They don't need to win now. That's the point. Fultz has arguably a higher ceiling, he's far cheaper and Boston knows he will still be there after next season. They have no assurance George won't leave them in 2018 to sign with the Lakers. Only an idiot would give up a long term asset like that for a rental unless they absolutely had to, and Ainge is under zero pressure to win a championship next season.

Unless Paul George comes out and says he'd be open to re signing long term in Boston, Ainge won't even answer the phone. That's a risk he doesn't need to take.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-17-2017 at 10:53 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

They aren't in a win now situation?

They're in the ECF this year and IT4 is going to be nearing 30. They should absolutely make a move for PG while they have Thomas and Horford. Not saying they have to win now, they could certainly choose to go younger, but why do that when you're already so close?

My feeling after last night is that if Paul is not moved on draft night the Pacers will obviously be riding til the end with him. Tough to imagine you're doing better than Ingram+ Nance + number 2 or Crowder+one of boston's guards+ number 1

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I think it's silly to think that PG wouldn't sign long term in Boston especially after this season they are having. The whole "He only wants to be in LA" thing is way overblown IMO.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    They aren't in a win now situation?

They're in the ECF this year and IT4 is going to be nearing 30. They should absolutely make a move for PG while they have Thomas and Horford. Not saying they have to win now, they could certainly choose to go younger, but why do that when you're already so close?
    Because Fultz could put you in a position to contend maybe not next year, but for the next decade after that.

George would put them in a really good position for 2018, and that's all they'd get.

I think it's silly to think that PG wouldn't sign long term in Boston especially after this season they are having. The whole "He only wants to be in LA" thing is way overblown IMO.
    The onus would be on Paul George to have his agent tell Ainge he's willing to play ball. The perception is certainly there that he wants to go back home. There is no way a deal is made without a fresh contract extension pretty much drawn up before the trade is even consummated.

Ainge isn't going to trade the #1 pick in the entire draft for a guy he thinks even has a 5% chance of being lost for nothing in 12 months. There won't even be a discussion.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-17-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Sports Logo

They don't need to win now. That's the point. Fultz has arguably a higher ceiling, he's far cheaper and Boston knows he will still be there after next season. They have no assurance George won't leave them in 2018 to sign with the Lakers. Only an idiot would give up a long term asset like that for a rental unless they absolutely had to, and Ainge is under zero pressure to win a championship next season.

Unless Paul George comes out and says he'd be open to re signing long term in Boston, Ainge won't even answer the phone. That's a risk he doesn't need to take.
    I normally agree with most of your posts, but our friendship might be tested now, lol.

I would agree that they would keep the pick if they were some transcendent talent coming out of the draft, or if they make it to the NBA Finals. Plus, how do you figure they're NOT in win now mode? They're in the ECF. IMHO, Paul George is the piece to get them to the NBA Finals if they're don't get there this year. Trading Paul George is not risk, because it would literally blow my mind and the NBA World if Paul George announced to the world...

"Naw. I would rather play for the rebuilding LA Lakers instead of playing for possible championships in Boston."

If Paul George did that, I wouldn't be calling Ainge the idiot. I would be calling Paul George the dumbest MF on the face of the planet. Now, he could EVENTUALLY win Championships in LA, but Boston is staring at Championships right now. Paul George is a great counter against Lebron James. Indiana is just unable (unless KP pulls off a miracle this summer) a title-contending team around him.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

I think they'd be insane to deal the #1 pick for one season of Paul George. That's sheer stupidity.
    True, I could see them trading the other Brooklyn pick for him though.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Tough to imagine you're doing better than Ingram+ Nance + number 2 or Crowder+one of boston's guards+ number 1
    I'm only hoping that anyone who claims we got one of those offers has a source. Otherwise we all know the narrative will be that the offer was on the table no matter what anyone actually says to contradict it.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    True, I could see them trading the other Brooklyn pick for him though.
    Touche, but then you leverage the LA "leaked deals" against them. We all know the leaked deals are coming.

Now that you mentioned it, the smart move by Ainge would be to convince Indiana to take the 2018 pick. On the flip side, Indiana would be a damn fool to do that, because Brooklyn could suddenly get good next season.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 05-17-2017 at 11:23 AM.

PG + our first for Fultz, Brown, Zellar plus 2nd and rights to Nader

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I'm only hoping that anyone who claims we got one of those offers has a source. Otherwise we all know the narrative will be that the offer was on the table no matter what anyone actually says to contradict it.
    Well, the picks should be the ante, and teams would just add to the pot. If Bird was still in charge, talks wouldn't even begin without the picks. Of course, that goes against the idea that he wouldn't want to trade George in the first place.

Because Fultz could put you in a position to contend maybe not next year, but for the next decade after that.

George would put them in a really good position for 2018, and that's all they'd get.
    Ainge has already shown he's willing to mortgage the future to win now. And last time, it worked.
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: